Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 07-11-2015, 02:05 AM   #18856
zextino

Good job tecno. It works without the need to mess with anything. The files are nice a organized and you must have figured out what was up with the shadows from the last release. I have not looked to see if SSAO is running but the banding on the textures are not around anymore.
zextino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:36 AM   #18857
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Pretty sure I installed the latest patch correctly.

Still says I have 9992 running.

Will try again.
Tried again, All OK this time.
Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:39 AM   #18858
sahafiec

thanks TB, but I have the following issue.
still have a separate DX11 installation as a directory of it's own.
installed the 109993 bin_DX11, installed 109993 bare gamedata, copied the DX11 bare gamedata over it.

when I start the game I get a crash and the following log. I get the same without installing the 109993 bare gamedata.
any idea?

note: SOLVED, sorry for the mess, it was my bad.

Quote:
Starting RENDER device...
* GPU [vendor:10DE]-[device:13C0]: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
* GPU driver: 10.18.13.5330
* CREATE: DeviceREF: 1
* Vertex Processor: PURE HARDWARE
* Texture memory: 4072 M
* DDI-level: 9.0
* GPU shading: vs(fffe0300/3.0/30), ps(ffff0300/3.0/30)
* GPU vertex cache: unrecognized, 16
* DVB created: 6144K
* DIB created: 512K
! Version conflict in shader 'def_shaders\def_aref'
! Version conflict in shader 'def_shaders\def_aref_v'
! Version conflict in shader 'def_shaders\def_trans'
! Version conflict in shader 'def_shaders\def_trans_v'
! Version conflict in shader 'def_shaders\def_trans_v_tuchi'
! Version conflict in shader 'def_shaders\lod_old'
! Renderer doesn't support blender 'effects\shadow_world'
! Version conflict in shader 'effects\watertest-1'
count of .thm files=443
load time=254 ms
* NULLRT supported
* ...and used
* HWDST/PCF supported and used
* NV-DBT supported and used
error is common.h(6,43): warning X1519: 'SMAP_size' : macro redefinition
common.h(41,45-80): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
common.h(42,56-104): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
common.h(147,14-25): warning X3207: Initializer used on a global 'const' variable. This requires setting an external constant. If a literal is desired, use 'static const' instead.
common.h(148,35-41): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
common.h(209,14-28): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
common.h(211,27-60): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
common.h(212,40-73): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
common.h(216,7-29): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
common.h(221,8-31): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
common.h(316,16-27): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'SSAO_QUALITY'

Can't compile shader dumb

Last edited by sahafiec: 07-11-2015 at 04:03 AM. Reason: addition
sahafiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:54 AM   #18859
Plesskyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBritt View Post
Hi Kaplumbaga,
you cannot kill him because he is immortal
regards,
TrueB
Use the Cube
Plesskyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:02 AM   #18860
TrueBritt

Zahar missions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword2012 View Post
Still on version 9.9.9.2
In the arena, the chimera is no longer appearing, and killing the three pseudodogs does not trigg
Why does a marker to 'Sarcophagus Entrance' keep appearing on the main map and minimap in different areas? First in Dark Valley, now in Wild Territory
Thanks for reading
Hi Sword. Zahar fetch missions are a way of getting guns etc. He also does some good exchanges for absolute artefacts etc. Other Missions from Zahar are first imo to go to Cordon to get mutant parts, and help his Hunter Faction. Generally done after Fan protect against Mercs mission, and before MO goes to Swamp, so once in Swamp Hunters will help him. Second mission that I know off is for MO to remove Mercs from Wild Territory. Last mission in Level 0 I know of is Bro Louis etc
Spoiler:
this mission is given by Fang when MO seeks to go to Limansk for a meeting with the Black Doctor. Fang says Zahar knows the route. Zahar wants Bro Louis to tell MO where the Frenchman is and get his pda, then as in Hunter mission MO must go straight to Zahar, who then gives the Limansk path

Last edited by TrueBritt: 07-11-2015 at 07:06 AM.
TrueBritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #18861
sword2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBritt View Post
Hi Sword. Zahar fetch missions are a way of getting guns etc. He also does some good exchanges for absolute artefacts etc. Other Missions from Zahar are first imo to go to Cordon to get mutant parts, and help his Hunter Faction. Generally done after Fan protect against Mercs mission, and before MO goes to Swamp, so once in Swamp Hunters will help him. Second mission that I know off is for MO to remove Mercs from Wild Territory. Last mission in Level 0 I know of is Bro Louis etc
Spoiler:
this mission is given by Fang when MO seeks to go to Limansk for a meeting with the Black Doctor. Fang says Zahar knows the route. Zahar wants Bro Louis to tell MO where the Frenchman is and get his pda, then as in Hunter mission MO must go straight to Zahar, who then gives the Limansk path
Ah, thank you. I've not yet located Fang

BTW Recipes are very, very useful indeed. Far more useful than simple Artefact Modification in the Encyclopedia. They'll not be in the Guide because they were introduced in a previous mod before NS was created. You'll find all the ones you've accumulated in your Encylopedia/Recipes, and your eyes will light up
sword2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:39 AM   #18862
sword2012

Killing Le Havre

After all the recent confusion about dealing with Le Havre, and playing this section over and over last night, I have a question

I get drugged by Le Havre. I then challenge him, wary of the merc who's just entered the room. Taking advantage of the emission, I take out the three heavies in the room, and Le Havre runs away

I chase him all over the AW base, occasionally fending off the mercs who try to stop me. Eventually he leaves the base, and gets himself killed running through the minefield by the lake, or in an anomaly, and I can loot him

Do I need to complete the final piece of conversation with him - the one which usually gets you killed by his guards - in order that the storyline continues correctly?

EDIT: Having tried chasing him again, and managing to get very close to him (while he gets stuck trying to pass through a wall), there's no option at all for dialogue. You can kill him with impunity, even on the AW base, without recrimination. Or let him simply run around in panic until he meets a timely end...

EDIT: Yes, it triggers a conversation with Yakut at the AW

Last edited by sword2012: 07-11-2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Further information
Old 07-11-2015, 11:14 AM   #18863
TecnoBacon

Update

So far things look pretty good, not much coming in except good feedback so I guess I am ready to work on the shell program a bit so that you will be able to launch DX9 or DX11 without the need to make settings. I also intend to have all the modders script and shader settings in it at some point. The shell will also be the network interface for my 'Live-Link' PDA for coop, multiplayer and social media access.

Other things I will be working on:
Clear the Car park bandits not spawning (restrictor issue).
Eliminate bandits in Wild Territory (respawn issue).
Several exploits.
Continuation of 'AX' and the soul cube story..
TecnoBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:47 AM   #18864
sword2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecnoBacon View Post
So far things look pretty good, not much coming in except good feedback so I guess I am ready to work on the shell program a bit so that you will be able to launch DX9 or DX11 without the need to make settings. I also intend to have all the modders script and shader settings in it at some point. The shell will also be the network interface for my 'Live-Link' PDA for coop, multiplayer and social media access.

Several exploits.
Nice one, TB, and thanks for all the work you're putting into this

Would a kind soul who understands these things please explain, step by step, how to try out DX11 now that 9.9.9.3 is working?

Do I still need to download the DX11 upgrade from the Repository?

Once I've backed up all the DX9 bin files before dropping in the DX11 ones (in case I want to revert), what precise changes need to be made in the TB3D_Modders.script and shadersettings.txt? I don't want to miss one in error...

And how do you utilise the stalkersoup.bat file in the bin_DX11 folder?

Once I've achieved this objective, I'll describe it clearly in the Step by Step Guide so that others can do it, too

Thanks, guys
Old 07-11-2015, 01:10 PM   #18865
Grayxy

Advice needed.
Lightning questline.

I finished the quest in which I need to kill LDK in Red Forest, given by Forester. I have Globe, gun and optic quest items in my inventory.
In the NSGuide, is says next thing I should find (iirc) is some backpack near a dead body, in the middle of Red Forest, but there is no body spawned there.

I honestly don't understand the quest. At all. What to do next and with to do with those quest items? Marple in Warlab has nothing to say if I go there...

Btw, only important unfinished quest open, is that about Cube search...

Advise please.
Grayxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:34 PM   #18866
kd6dm

Quote:

Several exploits.
DX11 looks really good in this release, especially the CoP levels. Was able to dial back brightness adjustments from last release, as default is about right.

@TB...Do those of us on Lvl2 need to go back to a certain point to get the new content? Since the Storm began, I've just been mucking about on different levels. Going back to ?? not a problem.
kd6dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #18867
TecnoBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd6dm View Post
DX11 looks really good in this release, especially the CoP levels. Was able to dial back brightness adjustments from last release, as default is about right.

@TB...Do those of us on Lvl2 need to go back to a certain point to get the new content? Since the Storm began, I've just been mucking about on different levels. Going back to ?? not a problem.
in level 2 the storm will recede to just the NPP and then after a time will stop..

This is where I am at now, the next addition will hopefully be an attempt by several factions to take control of the NPP and the labs there.

Please have patience as I am doing it all right now and several things need be worked on at the same time..
Old 07-11-2015, 03:04 PM   #18868
TecnoBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayxy View Post
Advice needed.
Lightning questline.

I finished the quest in which I need to kill LDK in Red Forest, given by Forester. I have Globe, gun and optic quest items in my inventory.
In the NSGuide, is says next thing I should find (iirc) is some backpack near a dead body, in the middle of Red Forest, but there is no body spawned there.

I honestly don't understand the quest. At all. What to do next and with to do with those quest items? Marple in Warlab has nothing to say if I go there...

Btw, only important unfinished quest open, is that about Cube search...

Advise please.
if you still have the autosave entering red forest I can see if the body is spawning or why it isn't.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:26 PM   #18869
kd6dm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword2012 View Post
Nice one, TB, and thanks for all the work you're putting into this

Would a kind soul who understands these things please explain, step by step, how to try out DX11 now that 9.9.9.3 is working?

Do I still need to download the DX11 upgrade from the Repository?

Once I've backed up all the DX9 bin files before dropping in the DX11 ones (in case I want to revert), what precise changes need to be made in the TB3D_Modders.script and shadersettings.txt? I don't want to miss one in error...

And how do you utilise the stalkersoup.bat file in the bin_DX11 folder?

Once I've achieved this objective, I'll describe it clearly in the Step by Step Guide so that others can do it, too

Thanks, guys
1. Make sure that you have downloaded all the 93 files INCLUDING the DX11 upgrade.

2. Patch to 93 as you would with any patch, including replacing the gamedata folder with the new bare gamedata folder for 93. Rename or delete the old gamedata folder, don't copy over it.

3. Don't mess with your existing "bin" directory. Just leave it there as is. Copy the new "bin_DX11" folder to your "Shadow of Chernobyl" folder, or wherever your existing bin and gamedata reside.

4. Create a shortcut on your desktop for the "STALKERSOUP.bat" file. (I added -nointro to the file to skip the intro movie).

5. Copy the gamedata folder from "STALKERSOUP_DX11_upgrade_109993" OVER the bare 93 gamedata folder you copied earlier. The "Tb3d_modders.script" file and the "shadersettings.txt" are preset for DX11.

6. Start STALKERSOUP in DX11 by double-clicking the STALKERSOUP.BAT file you created earlier. It will take longer to start, load, but the results are worth it.

I find the default settings pleasing, especially on the CoP levels. Until TB completes the shell, you will have to modify the tb3d_modders.script and shadersetting.txt file to go back to DX9, as well as start the game from the bin folder.

Good luck.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:35 PM   #18870
kd6dm

Quote:
in level 2 the storm will recede to just the NPP and then after a time will stop..

This is where I am at now, the next addition will hopefully be an attempt by several factions to take control of the NPP and the labs there.

Please have patience as I am doing it all right now and several things need be worked on at the same time..
No problem TB, I understand the enormity of your undertaking. I will just go explore some areas I haven't been to, occasionally I've found some really nice surprises in unexpected places. Or maybe start a new Marked One game, been doing Collector for months.

Thank you for this MOD of mods.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series