Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source > Beta Test: Bug/Exploit Reports

Old 06-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #46
Mr DiZZLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by babokitty View Post
Dunno if this is an engine bug or map bug but the weeds in anzio axis spawn dont move anymore according to cl_detail_max_sway.
All faceme polys don't seem to work any more, so this will probably include the animating. I thinks they is brokeded.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #47
FuzzDad

Volunteer Moderator
1) Ava cap is designed that way on purpose. It's an Axis-biased map and moving the cap point to the other side of the wall would make it even more Axis biased.
2) I fixed the old donner doorframe deal.
3) Fixed the Ava axis spawn exit not being blocked by a team wall.
4) I like the hole-in-the-roof deal on argentan. That's not an exploit...it's a skill-based deal (like nade throws over houses in some sections of donner).

Old 06-23-2008, 06:37 AM   #48
coqRapide

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzDad View Post
1)
4) I like the hole-in-the-roof deal on argentan. That's not an exploit...it's a skill-based deal (like nade throws over houses in some sections of donner).
Then why did you guys nerf the palermo-over nade?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:23 AM   #49
michel78

Quote:
Originally Posted by coqRapide View Post
Then why did you guys nerf the palermo-over nade?
I thought that is fixed?

Old 06-23-2008, 07:42 AM   #50
coqRapide

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by michel78 View Post
I thought that is fixed?
Its entirely possible... I haven't tried it since the last update.

But thanks for pointing out my ignorance
Old 06-23-2008, 08:08 AM   #51
Stuckinabox

Pretty significant displacement bug on anzio that I didn't even notice until my friend pointed it out:

And a tiny one just outside the allied spawn:

There are still the two nodraw'd ledges that you can see from the church, to the right of the plaza.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:31 AM   #52
Panteror

Fuzzdad, can you fix these spots ?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #53
]Solaris[

mini bug on kalt.. Bush looks through wall.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #54
FuzzDad

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by coqRapide View Post
Its entirely possible... I haven't tried it since the last update.

But thanks for pointing out my ignorance
It is fixed. Panteror...I'll take a look there. The only one that really concerns me is the sticky rubble pile. If I get a chance to do the others I will (no promises). Stuckinabox...i never notived that anzio one before...silly me. I'll take a look.

Ok...Update...fixed em all (I hope)....testing those tricky stairs in Palerno now...

Last edited by FuzzDad: 06-23-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:30 AM   #55
CB4

Having read some posts and loaded up some maps and had a look around found a few things. Most already mentioned but don't think some were mentioned in this topic.

Firstly, thanks to Booker for posting screenshot of the tree of doom at allies spawn at Donner.

At Anzio allies spawn get 30% of the fps that I get when facing backwards left or right at the spawn. Facing water fine, facing fire effect fine.. facing fowards 50ish fps. On the same map at church flag get 80fps in smoke nade. So get 80fps with smoke nade but only 50fps at allies spawn facing fowards with no one else in the server. Someone posted screenshots of this in the recent update topic.

Lighting isn't bad except in the odd spots where even with HDR it looks bad. There is a room at anzio on allies side near the first flag (a room in the building beside allies first flag) where it's almost pitch black in there. A wall at argentan allies side of middle is another (already posted here I think). Most have posted screenshots.

Another thing is.. I dont know if they are called this in source engine.. lods? Where things get drawn or become invisible at certain distances. At argentan, and there is probably more.. things become invisible at shortish distances so that you seem then appear out of thin air. Two examples at argentan, the bushes in the background to the left of allies second flag.. And the worst case, the tables at axis spawn at Argentan where even from short distances they disappear. I haven't looked at every map, but it might happen at others.

There's been a huge amount of things to fix after this recent update but thanks FuzzDad for taking everyones comments onboard.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:09 AM   #56
CB4

Here is some random screenshots of stuff, most probably fixed but I was bored and trying to help. Some of it is nitpicking and not important, other stuff maybe more important.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:27 AM   #57
McBeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteror View Post
I found another of these on Ava yesterday.
If you go out on the narrow roof that links Axis to the church, you can climb the wall, leading to the square, on the left.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:07 AM   #58
FuzzDad

Volunteer Moderator
Got the two ava exploits. Those leaning tree deals in the skybox are problematic...those are engine driven in compile and if the skybox terrain is heavily slopped you'll occasionally get a leaner. The shine on those wood products is the compile as well. Several of the maps you guys are playing are compiled on fast settings...which doesn't optimize perf and means the lighting passes are not complete. All should be fixed when they go final.

Last edited by FuzzDad: 06-24-2008 at 05:10 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:39 AM   #59
McBeck

Wow...thanks FD

Since you know so much about maps, you should have a look at the [WIP] of CAEN for Source - great stuff!
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=651972

Now, back on topic

Old 06-24-2008, 06:25 AM   #60
CB4

If it wasn't clear before, colmar and jagd have some console errors regarding textures or surfaces.

That Caen map would be great to be included as an official map in future. I know it's asking alot, it's just that usually servers play only official maps or only custom ones. And it's rare to find 32 player custom servers, and it'd need 32 players to do Caen justice.

Last edited by CB4: 06-24-2008 at 06:28 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source > Beta Test: Bug/Exploit Reports