Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 08-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
EyeCandy

most annoying part of the gravgun

i LOVE that you can grab those useless box gibs in the hl2 series with the gravgun, when i need a fast nade or medkit and i have to use a grenade or one by one remove the gibs of the supply crates to get something taking too long i ALWAYS get killed, making certain parts to damn impossible

it must be removed, the parts are useless and get in the way, so when i have no ammo and i see incoming combine and see a crate me = LOOK A CRATE IN THAT VENT! OMG PICK THE FRAKEN HEALTH UP NOT THE GOD DAMNED WOOD CHUNKS (shotgun blast) (flatline), its a problem when you cant reach the crate without the gravgun

i use the 360 to play the orange box and im sick of having to do this, at least make gib grabbing limited to the use key!

PS: for the next episodes PLEASE VALVE PLEASE ADD MORE GUNS! also in ep1 before you get the smg you needa double tap for the shotgun, it selects the empty gun slot

great game, but just a few certain things you had overlooked, thats all

Last edited by EyeCandy: 08-14-2008 at 02:45 PM.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
Silicon Vampire

Volunteer Moderator
Uhh, grab the create, smash into nearby wall, WALK over the debris and contents...

I've never experienced the empty weapon slot. Are you using custom binds or something?

Old 08-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
Juggalo

Banned
Its pretty simple to use the GG. I got the Xbox 1 version and PC version. And agian I never have a problem shooting nades back at enemies and/or getting supplies when I break a box. And there wont be any new guns. What we have now has been the same since HL1. And until HL3 comes out. We wont be getting any new weapons. Maybe in Episode 3. But we just got the Magnessun device. So I dont think were ganna see any new weapons for a while.
Juggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
EyeCandy

actually its in the tight spaces where you need to gravgun to grab objects, break the box, get the item but you keep grabbing some wood chunks instead

and again i use the 360 version (the orange box), when you done have the smg, but something like the shotgun, the smg isnt theres but you still select the smg slot, so you needa double tap the right dpad ( same for gravgun, the crowbars first, but you dont get it, you select the empty slot then the gravgun)
Old 08-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #5
Silicon Vampire

Volunteer Moderator
Ahh, I overlooked that you played it on the Xbox360. I'm moving this thread to the correct forum.

My condolences, I've watch my GFs son have the same issues and get frustrated by it. I think the 360 version uses an "auto-aim" function and that is probably messing with you...

Old 08-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
Even if it's on the 360 I notice that the GravityGun will drag the item you are aiming on exactly. So with a controll it might be hard to pinpoint small things in a small time limit but that's Gamepad for you. So if you where to aim directly at the item with the crosshair it will pick that one. Unless Auto aim messes things up.

Btw when you are cooking a grenade(as in lightly throwing it out to then get the GG weapon and pick it up then throw it) you usually don't throw it in where you just have blown up an create.
I played all the episodes and I havn't really found boxes to be in the way all the time when you cooking them. Not that I even needed to do it.

Just like a friendly help.
Zefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:02 PM   #7
Otto-Grainer

Well, although difficult for the XBox, I think removing this feature would be bad, as dragging up debris is what you should get if you tried to drag up debris.

Quote:
My condolences, I've watch my GFs son have the same issues and get frustrated by it. I think the 360 version uses an "auto-aim" function and that is probably messing with you...
Silicon, when you say "GFs son", do you mean Girlfriend having a son, being your son, or Grandfather son being your father... or uh, you?
Otto-Grainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
Silicon Vampire

Volunteer Moderator
GF means girlfriend. Her son is from a previous marriage.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:43 PM   #9
Winterkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-Grainer View Post
Silicon, when you say "GFs son", do you mean Girlfriend having a son, being your son, or Grandfather son being your father... or uh, you?
Just... go back to sleep, we'll wake you when you get to grandma's, dude.

I know the Gravity gun is very precise when it comes to aiming at something in debris...
Winterkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #10
fish&chips

I've never had a problem with that. What bugs me is when I use the GG to pull something in and I get wedged between the object and something else (wall, another object) or it gets stuck under me. The physics go crazy for a second, then I am shoved out of the way or thrown back and loose half my health somehow...
Old 08-15-2008, 12:56 AM   #11
dmaster484

never had your problem

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box