Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
CharlieWoo

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction.

I've posted a ticket about this already, but I'm just curious if anyone knows a way to get this working.

I've been trying to purchase Fallout 3 in the last couple days. After I add the item to my cart. Goto my cart. Select 'Purchase for Myself.' Then accept the terms and conditions. I arrive at the payment info screen.

Now.. I've tried two available payment options for myself. Visa and Paypal. They both give me the same error.
"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

I've also tried logging in through steampowered.com and purchasing it through the website even though its pretty much the same thing as doing it through the program. But it also gives me the same error this way.

I've been trying for several days now. So I'm just thinking its either a problem with my my account or somewhere on steam's server side.

*edit*
I guess I've been trying too many times in the last hour or something. Now I get the following message when I try to purchase the game.

"There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance."

*edit*
The issue has resolved itself. z-z

Last edited by CharlieWoo: 02-03-2009 at 05:29 AM. Reason: New Additional Information

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips