Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Shellshock 2: Blood Trails

Old 02-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
Ciradis

Exclamation Just... Wow...

This game truly is the BEST EVER.

Bad AI, Insanely easy, Uses Call Of Duties "LOL I SURVIVED HEADSHOT AND NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS CROUCH AND I FEEL COMPLETELY REJUVANATED" system (Speaking of which, you barely take any damage from enemies in this game. A whole clip worth of bullets fired off into your chest=near death, not death.), NO MULTIPLAYER ON PC (Not that i'd want to try it with this appaling gameplay...) , Awful graphics, and many many other flaws.

Yeah. Its awful. To anybody who hasn't already, you really want to avoid this game.

And thats me venting my anger at how abysmal this game was. Im usually sympathetic when it comes to bad games, because most of them have nice redeeming features that make it fun enough to be happy with purchasing it.
This one has absolutely none. Not even the story is interesting.

End of semi-rant.

Last edited by Ciradis: 02-13-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:37 AM   #2
*VeLeRoN*

Volunteer Moderator
Wanted to buy the game... then found the xbox version mc score - 31/100

"Shellshock 2 is one of the most poorly designed and unplayable games this generation"

I guess I'll pass then.
*VeLeRoN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:10 AM   #3
freaky frank

thx for the short review
freaky frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:26 AM   #4
pizzaman

After having read the review on Eurogamer as well... this seems like the first FPS-to-avoid this year.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:30 AM   #5
Manicfodder

When I first saw the little picture in steam I thought to myself "oh wow, system shock" then I saw it was unfortunately Shellshock.. booo
Old 02-15-2009, 06:01 AM   #6
K o R n

The only good thing about this game is its name cuz it reminds me of the superb game Bioshock and that's it.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:49 AM   #7
pizzaman

The first Shellshock game wasn't that bad.
I guess the change in developers had a big impact.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #8
WarToad2

Banned
This game is quite good despite the reviews. I like it much better than FEAR 2 personally.
WarToad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
bucky14

first game on ps2 was kinda good...but i know this game will suck
bucky14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #10
MexicanBandito

First shellshock was fantastic, this is terrible.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:12 PM   #11
Hindesite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarToad2 View Post
This game is quite good despite the reviews. I like it much better than FEAR 2 personally.
lol, good one.
Hindesite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #12
B-Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindesite View Post
lol, good one.
....not sure that he was kidding dude....
Old 04-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #13
Mr_Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
The first Shellshock game wasn't that bad.
I guess the change in developers had a big impact.
I worked on the first one and, yeah, I know it's not perfect, but we were quite a new team. Most of the team, that was their first released game.

It sold okay too, so I guess I wasn't too surprised when Eidos said they'd do a sequel. When I heard it was a stinker, I was a bit worried that people would assume that we'd done it - so I'm kind of glad to hear that everyone knows Eidos changed developer.
Mr_Eon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #14
acetken

I'm about halfway through the game, and honestly, it's not that bad. I haven't had a single bug. It's not great (Other than the well-done animations), but at best, it's not better than average. About what I expected BEFORE I read the reviews. After the reviews, I expected MUCH worse. Rent it if you absolutely wanna kill a few hours.
acetken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:32 PM   #15
djnforce9

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciradis View Post
Uses Call Of Duties "LOL I SURVIVED HEADSHOT AND NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS CROUCH AND I FEEL COMPLETELY REJUVANATED" system (Speaking of which, you barely take any damage from enemies in this game. A whole clip worth of bullets fired off into your chest=near death, not death.),
I have tried this game before and good thing the regenerating health and forgiving life bar exists because otherwise it would result in loads of cheap deaths making the game even less likable (at least for me because I HATE games which are overly difficult because I just want to relax when I play a game and not be overly frustrated). This is also especially good considering how the "Bad" AI can land direct hits when you are in places where you can not even see who is shooting you (and so how can they even see you). Not only that but several times you are outnumbered nearly 10 soldiers to 1 in areas with poor (or no) cover (i.e lack of terrain/barricades/etc to protect you from gunfire).

For people that love unforgiving/frustrating games, there is always "Call of Juarez" and "Dark Athena" (or any Stealth FPS for that matter as they leave little room for error).
djnforce9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Shellshock 2: Blood Trails