Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 09-24-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
DerpMaster

Banned
demoman needs nerf on console

so op its gross
Old 09-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
TeenageGnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpMaster View Post
so op its gross
Each class has its weakness. Be a soldier, its more accurate than a demoman in combat so you will win about 80% of the time.
TeenageGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
Rodney Swan

Never chase a Demoman unless it's pertinent, which won't be most of the time.

Demomen often lay stickies on choke points and or frequented hallways/corridors/paths, etc. Think before jumping into combat against one. Look way ahead of you instead of looking just in front of you.

In my view, the Demoman isn't overpowered at all. The only nerfs the Demoman has received in the PC version that I can recall are lower splash damage and less ammo. I have played Demoman as effectively in PC as I do in console.

An experienced Demoman will kill you with two to four stickies. Laying them all over the ing place is a valid strategy. If you got the tools at your disposal, why aren't you going to use them?

Every class has weaknesses and there is always a way to counter them. Be faster, be smarter, and think a little before emptying your clip.
Rodney Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
NUMB3RS

the ability to destroy the demomans stickies is also a nerf on PC
NUMB3RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
TeenageGnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSkybox View Post
Don't really need experience to shoot a bunch of stickies all around and pressing the left trigger and hoping to get a kill. Not much of a strategy. Using the pipe bombs instead of spamming stickies would be awesome.

Most demomen randomly spam stickies but there can be a strategy to it. Like if someone puts a sticky behind their target then one in front, the sticky behind them will launch them into the sticky in front killing them instantly.
TeenageGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
Rodney Swan

Quote:
Don't really need experience to shoot a bunch of stickies all around and pressing the left trigger and hoping to get a kill. Not much of a strategy. Using the pipe bombs instead of spamming stickies would be awesome.
Of course you do. Laying sticky bombs on the ground efficiently requires experience. That's a different idea than laying them randomly all over while smashing the left trigger. I understand where you are coming from, either way.

The grenade launcher requires more practice since most of the time you need to rely on direct hits.

It's clear that the sticky launcher is more effective even though it's a secondary weapon and evidently easier to use.

Besides, it's of no use to try to educate people about the advantages of the grenade launcher. My point is that the sticky launcher does require experience in various scenarios.

Last edited by Rodney Swan: 09-25-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:28 AM   #7
Mogh

Scouts are more or less a counter to Demomen, if you jump a lot and have good aim you can take him down pretty quickly.
Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #8
Rodney Swan

Quote:
Yeah I know sorry. I know it requires some experience. I just hate sticky spammers.
You good, brother.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #9
Sink78

Demoman is coward baby!
Sink78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #10
Chill Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sink78 View Post
Demoman is coward baby!
T'all you fine dandies so proud, so -sure, prancin' aboot with your heads full of eyeballs! Come and get me I say! I'll be waiting on ya with a whiff of the 'ol brimstone. I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end!
Chill Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #11
Sink78

Quote:
Not at all your misusing the word coward. A coward wouldn't go out in battle and shoot bombs to risk his life every time he shoots one. The cowardly class would be like the engineer or the sniper.(I don't mean that in a bad way I mean cowardly in a sense that they don't leave their position to often not that they are scared.)
A coward is someone that uses Demoman 100% of the time because they don't have the balls to play another class. Most of these players suck so bad at playing Heavy it makes me laugh.

Last edited by Sink78: 09-30-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Sink78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:23 AM   #12
Cooperfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogh View Post
Scouts are more or less a counter to Demomen, if you jump a lot and have good aim you can take him down pretty quickly.
Just sticky the scouts?
Cooperfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #13
M.I.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sink78 View Post
A coward is someone that uses Demoman 100% of the time because they don't have the balls to play another class. Most of these players suck so bad at playing Heavy it makes me laugh.
That would be me, I'm a 100% Demoman!!
M.I.C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box