Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
Mincegamer

Meet the Pyro: OUT NOW

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I

What does everyone think? Personally, I really dislike it. There seems to be quite a storm of people who disagree with me in the PC section and across YouTube and other forums, but I think Meet the Medic and Meet the Spy were loads better.

Last edited by Mincegamer: 06-27-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Nin10doGuy77

Isn't this the X360 forum? not the PC one? just saying.
I like it.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
Mogh

Eh, it's alright, but not really worth the weight.
At least now that all the class updates have been released, Valve can finally start bringing them to the Xbox 360, right? Haha..
Old 06-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
Mincegamer

Yeah, I know this is the Xbox forum . But these Meet the Team shorts are for any fans of TF2 really. And plus, it's not like we are ever going to have anything else new to talk about in this forum.

And haha yeah Mogh. While I knew it was 100% impossible, part of me was thinking inside "Well this is it, all the class updates and Meet the Team shorts are released. Maybe they will announce an updated Xbox version as a surprise?". But no, such a thing could never happen...

As for Meet the Pyro. I really disliked the overly-comical cartoony style they went for. And like a lot of others have said, Meet the Medic/Spy actually provided a lot of insight into the respective characters, and addressed a lot of themes in one video. Meet the Pyro just played off a single gimmick/joke, and wasn't the desired length at all.

Plus it doesn't give me any hope for future VALVe trailers. It's great they they've created videos for all their games thus far with Source Filmmaker, and they have been pretty good, but what now? Are they going to put these cartoonish silly jokes into all their future trailers? If they did it to TF2, who's to say they won't release a Half Life 3 trailer in five years with Gordon Freeman being chased by flying Combine soldiers that look like the Powerpuff Girls?
Old 06-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #5
Mogh

I'm fine with them not revealing who the Pyro is (actually I think I prefer it that way, although a clear confirmation that's he's male would have been nice just to shut up all the "pyro is a sexy girl" people), but indeed, a little bit more information would have been nice.
Also not sure about the whole My Little Pony vibe.
And the way that Medic died gave me chills.
So yeah, as I said, all in all not really worth the weight.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:04 AM   #6
mista_bojjob

yeah, to be honest, I think Meet the Medic was better... it left me going "holy crap that was awesome" but Meet the Pyro just left me saying "..wut"
Old 11-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
Tetris God

Banned
NECRO
Old 11-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
Mogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetris God View Post
NECRO
I'd scold you for a pointless post but here it doesn't matter, this subforum is deader than the dinosaurs anyway.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
(rG) Aki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogh View Post
I'm fine with them not revealing who the Pyro is (actually I think I prefer it that way, although a clear confirmation that's he's male would have been nice just to shut up all the "pyro is a sexy girl" people), but indeed, a little bit more information would have been nice.
Also not sure about the whole My Little Pony vibe.
And the way that Medic died gave me chills.
So yeah, as I said, all in all not really worth the weight.
"wait", not "weight". Weight is measure of the earth's gravitation on your mass.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
Mogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by (rG) Aki View Post
"wait", not "weight". Weight is measure of the earth's gravitation on your mass.
Ok.. either you don't get my joke or I don't get yours.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box