Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 01-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #1
GhostFreak

What is the reason for the Xbox One power BRICK?

Why is it so large and why is there one in the first place? The PS4 has an internal supply, and so does a PC and a laptop. And before you tell me anything about dust and heating, my PS3/PS4/PC/laptop has been running flawlessly for years.

So why the external power source and this large brick? This comic pretty much sums up my feelings.

http://www.8bitgamer.com/comic/xbox-one-bricks-stones/
Old 01-16-2014, 02:19 AM   #2
Mogh

This has nothing, NOTHING to do with The Orange Box. You're also posting on a long dead forum.
Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:04 AM   #3
Chill Dude

I'm not even sure what to say.

All I know is this will probably be the last post on this forum for the next few months.
I miss people actually talking about this game sometimes.
Chill Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
Mogh

Yeah, this forum had some good times, but that's all over now. I think there's still people playing the Xbox version of TF2 (well, at least they did last time I checked, though that's already like a year ago), but less and less as time goes by, Xbox and PC TF2 diverge more and more, and people get better hardware. SPUF in general is also slowly dying out which doesn't help matters eithers.. so yeah, RIP Orange Box subforum.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:50 AM   #5
Mincegamer

I get the feeling people just scroll down the index until they see a break in all the words, which is coincidentally the console forums.
Mincegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:54 PM   #6
Incendiary Pyro

Kind of makes me wonder how active the TF2 community is on Xbox Live. My Xbox is long gone now. I should get back into playing TF2, but nah.
Incendiary Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:12 PM   #7
kevanne89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incendiary Pyro View Post
Kind of makes me wonder how active the TF2 community is on Xbox Live. My Xbox is long gone now. I should get back into playing TF2, but nah.
It's not doing too bad, all things considered. There's almost always a match going on, though I can't say you should expect a great connection. Many players know how to play, and know a few tricks made obsolete in the PC version such as damaging yourself during setup to build uber. Of course, the ones who don't can quickly create an unbearable stalemate, which along with the unpatched bugs and scarcity of maps makes it a game for only the most dedicated TF2 fans.

Unless of course you picked it up during the sale......
kevanne89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:20 AM   #8
Mogh

I was in a nostalgic mood a few days ago and thought I'd start up good ol' Orange Box on the Xbox again. And guess what.. there's still lots of people playing TF2 there! I found not just one or two but a bunch of servers running. I'm not sure what kind of people still play the Xbox version, I guess those with old computers or perhaps no regular access to a PC, but good for them anyway. TF2 is a fun game even in the state it's in on consoles.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
Cherry Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogh View Post
I was in a nostalgic mood a few days ago and thought I'd start up good ol' Orange Box on the Xbox again. And guess what.. there's still lots of people playing TF2 there! I found not just one or two but a bunch of servers running. I'm not sure what kind of people still play the Xbox version, I guess those with old computers or perhaps no regular access to a PC, but good for them anyway. TF2 is a fun game even in the state it's in on consoles.
Thats because it went on sale. 75% off. gamestop still sells it for 25 bucks. Aaaah. Game stop. They just want to steal all the cabbage so you don't have any dinner, don't they?
Cherry Pie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box