Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 11-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #1
MMXBL

Banned
TF2 dying quickly on XBL

I see The Orange Box fell off the top 10 360 XBL games this week. Without updates to fix some of the problems and additional maps soon, I suspect a complete death for this game. There is no user created content on the 360 side so without additional support, maps and gametypes from Valve very soon... I don't see too many people playing it in the near future.

With that said, I love TF2.... I just think it's dying rather quickly and I think it will continue without support. This will probably be a good judge as to whether I buy a future console product from Valve... right now I would have recommend you stick with the PC version. Still a great game, it's ashame it's kind of going to waste on the console side.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:59 PM   #2
¿Señor Freeman?

the only thing they can add is the "meet the" shorts in XBL market place theirs really no new maps to update

We should see a new map coming soon hopefully
¿Señor Freeman? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
MMXBL

Banned
I think that is what I am saying. Without patches to fix the problems and add features, additional gametypes, additional maps, etc. the game is dying as is.

I do love the game though, however, kind of weak to say the least in overall support and features. It just seems like it's being wasted because I think the actually gameplay is fun as hell.

Right now I would recommend people buy the PC version if they are on the fence... the support for their console version is just kind of weak.... I am not trying to slam them or anything... I really like Valve... I am more stating the obvious than anything.
MMXBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
Zoomer4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMXBL View Post
I think that is what I am saying. Without patches to fix the problems and add features, additional gametypes, additional maps, etc. the game is dying as is.

I do love the game though, however, kind of weak to say the least in overall support and features. It just seems like it's being wasted because I think the actually gameplay is fun as hell.

Right now I would recommend people buy the PC version if they are on the fence... the support for their console version is just kind of weak.... I am not trying to slam them or anything... I really like Valve... I am more stating the obvious than anything.
I have to agreed. It's a shame. I'd recommend that people by the PC version if they have PC hardware to run it.

I made the switch to the xbox360 so I didn't have to upgrade my PC's capability for each new game that comes out.

I'm disappointed that valve hasn't made more of an effort to update the 360 version.
Zoomer4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:43 PM   #5
kikinchaz

I agree i LOVE TF2 but the playerbase is falling and theres lag issues etc. We really need a patch + free content within these next few weeks before Xmas or you can guarantee the playerbase dropping right down and people selling the game.
kikinchaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
vidalhart

biggest drag is they dont keep track of your total kills and stuff . just your best life .. the leader boards need a major overhaul ..
Old 11-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #7
myxomyosis

Yeah I've actually been telling my friends to stay far away from this game as it's not worth spending your money on a broken product, which is too bad because it had so much potential.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #8
XStixsmaster

Banned
Technically it isnt broken...as all but TF2 seem to be the only ones working...so if your friend wouldnt mind owning HL2, HL2:EP1, HL2:EP2, & Portal then I would still recommend it...but if they asked about TF2 I would say you can try it but dont expect too much...

---Stixsmaster
XStixsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #9
Grievous117

i don't have too much trouble with TF2 but i do want an update or it might go kaput. It may be a while for an update. I can wait.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:10 PM   #10
kikinchaz

Yeah im fine with waiting too. I have Mass Effect hopefully coming tomorrow and other 360 games to play like CoD4.

However my worry is others do mind waiting and the playerbase will be gone by the time the patch arrives
kikinchaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:27 PM   #11
Count Elmdor

It is a shame that Valve seem to have their heads up their asses with regards to the 360 TF2.

I saw it mentioned on Kotaku that TF2 would be getting more achievements, specifically a pack for the Medic in particular, at some point, but I'm guessing they meant the PC version only.

If I were at the helm of Valve, I'd sure as hell make an effort to treat the console players well, the reasoning being that they'll treat you well in kind. Everyone on PC knows that HL is God, but the console userbase is another story entirely. I would think Valve would like to win them over as well.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:47 PM   #12
men1kmati

tf2 is teh most fun ive had playing fps in 3 years. well besides cs ofc.
men1kmati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:26 AM   #13
Shamrock2211

There lack of support was disappointing. However I think they are doing better now.

Last edited by Shamrock2211: 12-25-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Shamrock2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:57 AM   #14
Zoomer4321

I don't think valve employees frequent this forum much.

You and everyone should write Gabe Newell at gaben@valvesoftware.com
He may not reply but he says he reads all mail he gets. Keep it brief, professional, polite and to the point.

Also, if you have an actual bug report, submit it.

It's a bit of a PITA but you need to go here:
http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-...acct_login.php
Create an account (your forum account doesn't work )

Click on the Answers tab.
Search for Product = All, Category = All.
Click any Answer.
Finally click the Ask a Question tab.

Note that you DON'T need to supply a steam account

Last edited by Zoomer4321: 11-25-2007 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Corrected e-mail address.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:21 AM   #15
Zoomer4321

Just sent this to Gabe Newell:

Hello Gabe,

I know you are busy so I’ll keep this brief.

I love the Orange Box and play it on the XBOX 360. HL2:EP2 (and the whole HL set) was good. I loved Portal and I am looking forward to more Portal games and story. The computer comments and the sentry speak was great as was the whole concept.

TF2 is one of the best online games I’ve played. However, we (the XBOX360 community) feel a little let out of the update process with the PC version receiving many (6?, 7?) updates to our 1.

I host a lot of games because I have the upstream speed to do so and I hear about and encounter a lot of problems. The steam ticket I’ve opened (071115-000223) has yet to see any activity. I can elaborate if you wish.

Additionally, we desperately need more maps to keep things interesting.

I hope valve will provide some support to the XBOB360 version of the Orange Box in the near future. Otherwise, valve’s XBOX360 customers may not buy future titles.

Thanks.

Will

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box