Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tryst

Old 09-02-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
provitiligo

Looks soooo 90s

According to screenshots this game is very Starcraft-ish. Anybody tried it already? Any reason to buy this 90s-looking product?
Old 09-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
Kelavarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by provitiligo View Post
According to screenshots this game is very Starcraft-ish. Anybody tried it already? Any reason to buy this 90s-looking product?
Not really sure what you mean by this commments. If you mean the graphics, we sure played different games in the 90s. If you mean because it's science fiction, well, that's an incredibly broad generalization not to mention I don't really see why "Science Fiction = 90s".

Anyway, it's a rather enjoyable RTS game, and goodness knows we get few enough of them these days. Personally I'm a fan of science fiction as well, so that would be another reason if you're into that as well. I do think it could use a bit more polish, but I'm not sure whether they've got a significantly updated build from the beta waiting for release.

I'm on the edge about getting it myself, right now. I don't particularly need more games but I would like to support an RTS/Sci-Fi developer.
Kelavarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
provitiligo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelavarus View Post
Not really sure what you mean by this commments. If you mean the graphics, we sure played different games in the 90s. If you mean because it's science fiction, well, that's an incredibly broad generalization not to mention I don't really see why "Science Fiction = 90s".
I was talking about general looks. All classic RTS games looked like this one back in the days. I got serious deja-vu, when watch Tryst screenshots.
provitiligo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
Drowsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by provitiligo View Post
I was talking about general looks. All classic RTS games looked like this one back in the days. I got serious deja-vu, when watch Tryst screenshots.
Not everything is better in 3d, most RTS games are a good example of this.
Drowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #5
-IH@WKI-

seems good to me..
or you can just wait for more reviews.

or join the group
http://steamcommunity.com/app/208460/screenshots
-IH@WKI- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
Spattercat

The lack of forum activity and the $25 buy in concerns me. How many people are playing? Is it at all RTS noob friendly?
Spattercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:29 AM   #7
-IH@WKI-

yea its pretty user friendly.
you will find few guys (5-10) in lobby not much. it will take time to build up the community may be some reviews will help..

http://forums.trystgame.com/
you can use their official forum...

or just wait for some big reviews like gamespot or ign.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:41 AM   #8
Kiljoy66

The trailer is just HORRIBLE at selling whatever the hell the game is trying to show/offer. I have really no idea what this game is trying to sell RTS wise, the trailer really doesn't make me really interested imo.

Whoever made the trailer must not have been taught the expression that 'First impressions are the most important', my first impression of that trailer is, 'meh' and 'what'?
Kiljoy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:02 AM   #9
-IH@WKI-

you can see a lot of game play videos now on you tube.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #10
Doctor_Hades

I downloaded the demo yesterday but when I try to run it from Steam I get an error that says the game files are corrupted. Validating the cache just confirms the files are actually OK. However, if I run the game directly from the Tryst.exe in the game folder then it loads fine although it did crash when I changed and accepted the graphics options (the next time I loaded it up those settings any been applied though). I'm only interested in single player games and I didn't realise the demo was multiplayer only. Oh well.

Why is this game using DX9 when it is using the Unigine Engine? I thought it would have been DX11 by default. :?
Doctor_Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #11
jimmyjakers

Banned
Anybody playing this? I got into the beta but all it did was make me want to play SCII lulz
jimmyjakers is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tryst