Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dwarfs!?

Old 12-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
Despara

Game crashes on a load of a saved game

I saved my game on endless mode, and every time I try loading the save the game will CTD.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
Quillaina

Mine crashes when I save on endless. Trying to load the save afterwards makes it crash again. I've really only tried when using the largest map setting. The last time I played with a smaller map size, nothing would happen at all when trying to save (it doesn't crash, but it also doesn't create any file).
Quillaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
Despara

Well the whole purpose of purchasing the endless game add on was to make for a very long game. If the add on is not working I'll just have to get my money back, and tell my friends not to purchase the game. Unless someone can help me out with this issue.
Despara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
Quillaina

When it crashed saving the biggest map, I actually thought that maybe my computer just choked because of the size. It does say (paraphrase) "this will kill your save file size". But then it didn't save at all on the next smaller size. I haven't experimented with any of the others. Can you save on any map size, or do they all crash?

I'd love to find a solution for this as well, or else see it patched. I've had this game since before it was F2P. Having the save capability added for Endless and then just not work is a huge let down.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
Despara

I can save fine at the beginning, but unfortunately I can't save on hard or the other harder difficulty because I didn't pay for that add on.

I'm pretty sure the crashes are due to the "Endless Huge" games. The crashes seem to be caused by a memory leak which is present in the game, or maybe just that mode. There aren't many dwarfs at any one time when I play the game. I play he game with a very specific strategy. I lock all the dwarfs in at the very beginning, except for one dwarf which leaves using the only available exit for mining. Then I blow a hole in the ground at that single exit, and I subsequently kill a near endless amount of dwarfs by making them fall down the hole. I only have like 3 dwarfs doing things at any given time, so its obvious there's a memory leak occurring. My memory seems to fall down the same hole my dwarfs fall down.

Last edited by Despara: 12-15-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Despara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:56 AM   #6
Quillaina

Are you zoomed in or out when you try to save?

After playing around a bit, I've found the small and medium maps actually WILL save if I zoom in as far as I can. Zoomed out, I still have the problem where it wont save at all. Even with every cave discovered and a couple hundred diggers wandering around, zooming in allowed me to save. It even loads up fine. Having as little on screen as possible seems to use less memory. I haven't tried with the large and huge maps, though.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dwarfs!?