Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Your Doodles Are Bugged

Old 05-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
punatic

No sound in game

Hi,

When I start the game I can hear the intro music but in game there is no sound.

when I verifie integrity of game cache,I can see that 3 files failed to validate and will be reacquired.
Then Steam download them.

I start the game again, and there is still no sound.

So I verifie integrity of game cache again, and I can see that 3 files failed to validate and will be reacquired.
Then Steam download them again

And again, endlessly

My pc is full updated.

Can you help me please?
Old 05-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Spyn Doctor

I don't think it has anything to do with the file validation.

On one of the netbooks I tested with, I had similar symptoms. The sound was playing when the game started up, but then stopped.
This is most likely caused by a driver problem. To keep the sound playing, I had to switch off hardware acceleration for the sound. I did the following (this was on Windows XP, could be slightly different on a different Windows):

In the System Control Panel, double click "Sounds and Audio Devices". Click the "Audio" tab. In the "Sound Playback" area, click the "Advanced" button. Click the "Performance" tab. Move the "Hardware Acceleration" slider to the "None" position.

Now try running the game again.

Doc
Spyn Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
punatic

Hey Doc,

Thank you so much!
I'm on XP and I did what you said.

The game runs fine now

btw thanks for this game!
punatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
Hokum

Hopefully you can eventually patch this problem because I don't want to have to turn down sound acceleration every time I want to play (I have XP too).

P.S. Thread should be renamed "Your Sound is Bugged!"

Last edited by Hokum: 05-10-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Hokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
puffincat

This is quite a bad bug. Although for me, I turned the acceleration back up and will play in silence... the sound effects are annoying.
puffincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
brinf1

Yes, please fix this. I have hundreds of games and this sound problem only occurs in this one. Having to tweak the hardware acceleration every time I want to play this game is silly.
brinf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:50 AM   #7
puffincat

I was hoping it would be fixed in this update, but nope.
puffincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #8
Spyn Doctor

Hi!

Yes, unfortunately there is no fix for this problem in the latest update. I have researched this problem as well as I could, but sadly, I didn't find a solution.

The thing is, that I am simply using the sound engine that is part of the XNA framework (which is created by Microsoft). I'm not doing anything special with this sound engine, except maybe that I'm using the spatial sound features (=surround sound) a bit. But I tested even with these features disabled, which didn't help either.
So this is either a bug in the XACT sound engine of XNA 3.1, or it's a bug in the sound driver on the machines where this happens (which thankfully are only a very few - but I know that this doesn't help you if *you* happen to have one of those machines). As such, a fix for this bug is outside of my power to provide. I searched and experimented a good bit to find a workaround at least (in my code), but I fear that the only workaround I found is the one I described earlier: To disable audio hardware acceleration.

I'm sorry that this is the current state, but there's really nothing I can do about it at the moment.

I will continue to keep my eyes open for a possible solution, but to be honest, I'm not expecting to find one.

Sorry,
Doc
Spyn Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #9
hippiedippie

funny game. i am enjoying playing it. this sound bug though, is really annoying. always having to go to control panel before and after is a real pain. no patch possible still?
hippiedippie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Your Doodles Are Bugged