Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wings of Prey

Old 02-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
derbarbarian

Hornets Nest Mission

So I have literally tried this mission 20 times. Everytime it fails saying a transport has reached the destination. I am sure I have downed EVERY plane coming my way, I check the tactical map and make sure there arent any yellow dots that have gotten by me, and I've hit every wing of transports and taken them all out with assistance of my Wingmen, yet it says they reached their destination.. Is there a secret flight that isn't showing up on the map that's getting by or something because it's starting to get annoying because I would like to finish this game off. I generally fly on Realistic or Simulator, but I downgraded for Arcade for this mission since I was having such a hard time trying to finish it and that didnt make a bit of difference.. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
bmacvicar

having the same issue myself... though have only played it about 6 times.
bmacvicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
bmacvicar

I got through it...

you just have to be quick about it, be sure to END/Page Down for each new group that appears and try to engage them as far away from the circle of red squares on the ground.

as a tip... once they start to turn instead of flying in a straight line, your getting pretty close to where they are going to drop their supplies and if any single transport drops it's supplies you lose.
bmacvicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
jimbofluffy

I was having fun until I got to this mission. It is really annoying to not even get half way through the game and then face a mission that seems based more on luck than anything else.
jimbofluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:27 AM   #5
blueseamonkey

If anyone is still stuck on this level, its much easier on realistic than on arcade because for some reason there are MUCH fewer planes to shoot down.

But you don't have to change to full realistic mode, use custom difficulty then change only 1 or 2 of the settings until the game rates what you have chosen as equivalent to realistic.

I changed the damage control only - which made it slightly more tricky to get the bombers to go down, but meant I could still fly like in arcade mode (very useful as I don't have a joystick, even arcade mode is tricky flying just by keyboard!)
Old 03-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
General I.D.

it's been a while but if it's the mission I'm thinking of you rly have to make use of your other pilots and send them to attack as well
General I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
deathmothon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseamonkey View Post
If anyone is still stuck on this level, its much easier on realistic than on arcade because for some reason there are MUCH fewer planes to shoot down.

But you don't have to change to full realistic mode, use custom difficulty then change only 1 or 2 of the settings until the game rates what you have chosen as equivalent to realistic.

I changed the damage control only - which made it slightly more tricky to get the bombers to go down, but meant I could still fly like in arcade mode (very useful as I don't have a joystick, even arcade mode is tricky flying just by keyboard!)
Thanks. This got me through it.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:22 AM   #8
Flight Lt. Zack

Hi gents

Took me literally 20 times to complete this mission(i counted).
What i did was i flew level and <0.50km behind the enemy with 52% on the throttle, depending on what speed they are going, try to match it.
Shoot down the last plane and attack the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st one in order.
Then you move on to the other column.

Don't forget your gun has range. Best being 0.45KM and below.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
wjousts

Had the same problem. Sucks to hit a brick wall half way through the campaign. I noticed that sometimes I see a red triangle and it won't let me target it. I think that's the transport dropping supplies.

Really frustrating.
wjousts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #10
cosmosboy

The campaign's learning curve progresses quite well up to this point. It's a shame as it kinda spoils the enjoyment of the game.

Anybody have a post-Hornet's Nest save game they can upload?
cosmosboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:15 AM   #11
Tig Ol Bitties

Banned
Yes, this level is a good example of the developers not even playing their own game. It's an absurd level. Got stuck on it and it basically ruined the game for me. Haven't relaunched single player since...
Tig Ol Bitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #12
chalkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseamonkey View Post

This worked perfect ! Thanks
chalkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:28 PM   #13
eternalcrisis

Thumbs down

This ruined the game practically in it's entirety. All previous missions were fun and moderately difficult but it went from arcade fun to stupid impossible.
eternalcrisis is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wings of Prey