Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Community Content / Contribution Project > Other

Old 04-17-2012, 04:22 AM   #1291
PcGamingRig

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRosen View Post
erm? is that an issue with your imaging software then? i use paint.net myself
must have been, paint.net imported it to the materials straight away. only problem is when i apply it to my model it is just a blank grey canvas... even though in the materials screen it does show the texture.
PcGamingRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:03 AM   #1292
KRosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcGamingRig View Post
must have been, paint.net imported it to the materials straight away. only problem is when i apply it to my model it is just a blank grey canvas... even though in the materials screen it does show the texture.
you have to enable (not verbatem) "project material in view" - its one of the buttons in the material viewer
KRosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:34 AM   #1293
PcGamingRig

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRosen View Post
you have to enable (not verbatem) "project material in view" - its one of the buttons in the material viewer
thank you, again...
PcGamingRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #1294
43eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil337 View Post
Tanks Mnemo for help, now i can attach bone to model but i have an other problem at compilation i get this error :

Code:
WARNING: too few bones/vert (0) : it has no bones
My bone bip_head is parent with the model, what must i do ?
If you have a turbosmooth modifier. remove it.
43eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:22 AM   #1295
DomadraghiRyuko

My model is.. ''invisible'' in model viewer in Source SDK :'( what's wrong? (I already checked the vmt file: there are 3 lines "VertexLitGeneric", something about texture location and a value with number 1)
DomadraghiRyuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #1296
Mr Finney

Not sure if this has been asked before, on average how long would it take to make a hat?
Mr Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #1297
Doctor Too-Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Finney View Post
Not sure if this has been asked before, on average how long would it take to make a hat?
if you know how to handle the tools for modelling/texturing/compiling its pretty fast. varies from hours to one day. the longest trip is the design process^^.

a simple hat isnt that hard. things get harder when u model animated stuff or adding special shaders.

but if you are a complete noob, you can calculate a week or more or so to get things straight. at least in my case it was a week.
Doctor Too-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 01:44 PM   #1298
doggy_style

Hello, I ve been modeling for TF2, my first models sucked! But I ve learned a lot trough practice and several tutorials, my items statistics have improved. But still have a majour problem..... the position and size of my items! I ve tried to get the reference items (mdl to decompile them) in the weapons file. But I cant find the weapons file, so did an sdk refresh. Have the file now but it looks incomplete (I have only a couple of smd files there).
You offer your help on your post.....can you give me a hand!! I really like modelling, and dont want to stop doing it. But I loose a lot of time without the reference weapons (to know the right size and position of the weapons). Thank You
doggy_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:06 AM   #1299
LeonardoPML

Lightbulb faces and polygons

There is a maximum number of faces or polygons, and which may be used in a hat?
LeonardoPML is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Community Content / Contribution Project > Other