Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Community Content / Contribution Project > Other

Old 07-28-2015, 09:15 AM   #2701
ReznorsRage

Wow, I remember when this thread was so active. Crazy. Anyways.

@Ganonspy, if it was just a hat you'd be fine but their are deformations that happen when the head moves. You will probably want to skin all of the bones from the neck up. (I haven't worked on Pyro but it's 3 bones I believe).

@kwanzalord, verify your game cache by right clicking tf2 in your library>properties>local files>verify game cache. Run TF again and try importing again.
ReznorsRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:57 PM   #2702
kwanzaalord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReznorsRage View Post
Wow, I remember when this thread was so active. Crazy. Anyways.

@Ganonspy, if it was just a hat you'd be fine but their are deformations that happen when the head moves. You will probably want to skin all of the bones from the neck up. (I haven't worked on Pyro but it's 3 bones I believe).

@kwanzalord, verify your game cache by right clicking tf2 in your library>properties>local files>verify game cache. Run TF again and try importing again.
UPDATE:
After coming back to the importer after a few days, verifying the integrity of the game cache, and then re-importing I get no ERROR.

However, if I click the preview button a few times, then I get my TF2model, with no hat and a big red ERROR.

Closing out of it and coming back sometimes fixes the issue, I also can fix the issue if I re-export the hat to new smd files.

Any idea what's going on?

Update 2:
I can verify and complete the import without any problems. but that preview error still persists.

Last edited by kwanzaalord: 07-31-2015 at 04:52 PM.
kwanzaalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #2703
ReznorsRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanzaalord View Post
UPDATE:
After coming back to the importer after a few days, verifying the integrity of the game cache, and then re-importing I get no ERROR.

However, if I click the preview button a few times, then I get my TF2model, with no hat and a big red ERROR.

Closing out of it and coming back sometimes fixes the issue, I also can fix the issue if I re-export the hat to new smd files.

Any idea what's going on?

Update 2:
I can verify and complete the import without any problems. but that preview error still persists.
Their's only two reasons that a Red Error shows that I know of, either missing models or a corrupted model. I guarantee that if you can't see the model during import they wont either.

I would start by going back to the model and make sure you dont have any extra points/vertices. Delete any history and freeze your transformations associated with the model, I'd think that those would be stripped via the SMD export but having extra values can cause issues in other applications. After that, if you're still having issues re-install your SMD exporter and export to SMD again.

Let me know how it goes.
ReznorsRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:07 AM   #2704
LeonardoPML

Lightbulb faces and polygons

There is a maximum number of faces or polygons, and which may be used in a hat?
LeonardoPML is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Community Content / Contribution Project > Other