Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 11-19-2015, 12:52 AM   #196
Ketho

Same story here.
Literally 2 days fresh clean install of Windows 10 (version 1151) and vac authentication error. Rebooting didn't even fix it, it still wouldn't let me rejoin.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/di...78265874755152
Ketho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:27 AM   #197
DocCovington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
Same story here.
Literally 2 days fresh clean install of Windows 10 (version 1151) and vac authentication error. Rebooting didn't even fix it, it still wouldn't let me rejoin.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/492378265874755152
Did you install all Windows Updates along with your "fresh install" of the OS? If so, that could be the cause, you just need to figure out which update is causing it.
DocCovington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:42 PM   #198
AndreP

I can't stand this no more...

NONE of the fix's Steam gives works for me!

I already tried all the fixes, PLUS:
- Unnistalling the anti virus (Mcafee and installing another one AVG)
- Turned it off while playing
- Deleting Appcache folder
- Ctrl + Alt + Delete and close every process that isnt needed for the CS:GO
- Verified the integrity of the game
- Formatted the Computer (tried on windows 8.1 and 10 now)

And still getting banned... I got a 7 days cooldown, all because the f*cking st*pid c*nts, can't f*cking do a f*cking program to test the connection BEFORE going on a competitive... Every time I was banned I tried something different, and the only way of testing it is... PLAYING! Cmon valve... That's playing with people patience and money...
AndreP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:39 PM   #199
N3tRunn3r

I have had this issue for my first time today, since the "Closed CSGO Beta" times. I have always a clean PC, but a PC restart didn't help here. A simple "Verifying Data" did it tho.
N3tRunn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:59 PM   #200
jago_ff

I found the problem, but no the solution...

I get this message:
"An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system. You cannot play on secure servers."

This error is because sppsvc.exe (Software Protection) is stopped.

This is why any solution doesn't works, include reinstall, usually reinstall from the same iso image, is this service have problem, you can reinstall and try any other fix and didn't work

http://imgur.com/rDRmYB6

Any solution?

Last edited by jago_ff: 03-19-2016 at 01:43 AM.
jago_ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #201
wafflewizard1

Thumbs down 7 day ban

I JUST played a game of CSGO competitive and with 5 rounds left until we won I get kicked for having an "issue with my pc." I couldn't do anything about it, i restarted my pc and repaired the steamservice.exe. But here's my ♥♥♥♥ing problem, ONE OF THE STEPS TAKES OVER 6 MINUTES TO SCAN AND I HAVE AN SSD! So trying to scan my team won, and my ban happens AFTER they've won. This is the problem with steam, They add ♥♥♥♥ing revolvers and new ranking systems but they don't ♥♥♥♥ing touch the game or try to even FIX IT. Now I'm stuck with a 7 day ban over the school holidays! Thanks steam.
wafflewizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:43 AM   #202
DocCovington

Hello guys,

I haven't posted here since last summer/fall, but I thought I should inform you that -- after having the error recurring every once in a while randomly, forcing me to repeatedly reinstall Windows via backup -- I found the source of the issue: a faulty PSU, more precisely a defective contact where you plug in the power jack.

I was getting more and more lag spikes during games and noticed that the VAC authentication error was happening more frequently during those. I also noticed that the severity of said lag spikes depended on the position of the power jack.

So I went to buy and install a new PSU and ever since, regardless of any Windows updates or other software changes, I haven't had any VAC disconnects anymore (nor lag spikes for that matter).

Ergo, here's the proof that when you have counted everything else out, it can only be a hardware issue. Apparently an unsteady flow of electricity, which of course affects your whole system, can trigger this issue. Therefore I recommend everbody to check their PSUs, power cables etc. when you have tried everything else and nothing's helped solving this. Also, by logic, a faulty RAM could cause the same issue as can any other defect piece of hardware -- but RAM, HDD and CPU can be tested easily with software tools, your PSU is a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreP View Post
I can't stand this no more...
NONE of the fix's Steam gives works for me!
Try my guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=573055464

Last edited by DocCovington: 06-19-2016 at 09:52 AM.
DocCovington is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive