Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Texas Cheat 'Em

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 01-09-2017, 04:57 PM   #46
Gyokuyoutama

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugthebed2 View Post
I haven't finished a family monopoly game in forever, but when I was in Germany I played 2 and won both because we actually went by the rule book (That is, if my host was translating it to english correctly ) instead of dumb clashing rules.
These are the rules which are commonly ignored:
  1. Auctioning is mandatory; if the person who lands on the property does not buy it for the price listed, it must be auctioned. Most people don't even auction things period.
  2. Free parking is just that: a free place to land on. Most people give ridiculous cash prizes for landing there.
  3. If you run out of houses or hotels, you can't build more. Yes, you can intentionally refuse to buy hotels to prevent someone from building houses.
  4. Only properties, money and get of jail free cards can be traded in deals. I suppose technically you can make informal arrangements about what you will do on your turns (ex. "I won't bid on properties of this color if you go through with the deal") However, you can't make a bargain which ignores game rules. In particular, you can't agree to give people free rent for landing on your spaces; rent must be collected.

Ignoring every one of those rules will lead to a longer and less satisfying game. Ignoring the auction rule is probably the most destructive to the game, and it's the most commonly ignored rule.
Gyokuyoutama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:33 PM   #47
hugthebed2

i beat suguri ama
hugthebed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:59 PM   #48
hugthebed2

Just heard January 12th was BurtonJ's last day at Valve.

If you're reading this, hope you have a good one .
hugthebed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:06 PM   #49
aabicus

W'll miss you BurtonJ! You were a class act, one of the best Valve employees for communicating with the community and keeping in touch even with outdated forums like SPUF. Best of luck in your future endeavors!
aabicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Texas Cheat 'Em