Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 03-12-2017, 08:04 AM   #31
Thurbo

All I noticed was that stock shotguns had no yellow outlines around them, but I was able to pick one up anyway and had a skinned shotgun so that was my assumption. Though now that I think about it I don't actually know which class dropped that shotgun so I might be incorrect.

Actually the reason why there's no yellow outlines around stock shotgun might be because it's considered to universally belong to every player so the game doesn't mark it?
Thurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:12 PM   #32
Timerlane

I wasn't relying on outlines(although they seemed to always be 'right' unless you switch to/from a 'valid/invalid' loadout after the weapon drops); I always walked over to press 'H' on the Shotgun.

The swap always worked when the Shotgun was dropped by the same class(and the loadout contained no interfering passive weapon), but not with a different class.

I didn't check the cross-Engineer/Scout Pistol, but I've definitely heard people mention the '200 reserve ammo Pistol on Scout' before. That part is interesting, as frankly, the Scout and Engineer Pistols deserve to be considered 'separate' weapons(having different reload times and reserve ammo) far more than the individual class stock Shotguns do.
Timerlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #33
Candiru

Someone on the other team had an unusual minigun that I wanted to use, so after several tries of standing directly overhead and aiming precisely at the tiny, yellow-outlined object on the ground in the middle of heavy combat, only to be repeatedly blown to bits, I finally got to use it!
Candiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:25 PM   #34
TheOnlyGuyEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiru View Post
minigun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiru View Post
tiny
Miniguns aren't mini though.
TheOnlyGuyEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #35
Thurbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timerlane View Post
I wasn't relying on outlines(although they seemed to always be 'right' unless you switch to/from a 'valid/invalid' loadout after the weapon drops); I always walked over to press 'H' on the Shotgun.

The swap always worked when the Shotgun was dropped by the same class(and the loadout contained no interfering passive weapon), but not with a different class.

I didn't check the cross-Engineer/Scout Pistol, but I've definitely heard people mention the '200 reserve ammo Pistol on Scout' before. That part is interesting, as frankly, the Scout and Engineer Pistols deserve to be considered 'separate' weapons(having different reload times and reserve ammo) far more than the individual class stock Shotguns do.
Yeah Shotgun is the only weapon I've experienced this problem with. Every other cross weapon works, including other shotgun types like Reserve Shooter and Panic Attack like you said.
Thurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:32 PM   #36
Distraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyGuyEver View Post
Miniguns aren't mini though.
By definition, yeah. They're larger than a microgun, but still much smaller than a mainframegun.
Distraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:34 AM   #37
Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timerlane View Post
The point is that now it's a random ammo box that heals, not a dropped Sandvich that heals(and, for that matter, does not give any actual ammo).
Merasmussssss
Sud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:46 AM   #38
Jigsore MK II

the only time i've ever used the weapon pick up feature is too grab a guy's own australium so I could kill him with it and tilt him

that's it. in 2 years. as pointless as a broken pencil
Jigsore MK II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:04 AM   #39
EhManana

Orrrrr just get rid of weapon pickups and end all of this foolishness. Boom, problem solved!
EhManana is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2