Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 03-17-2017, 10:28 AM   #76
MysticTheMeeM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyGuyEver View Post
There already is, and it's called Crit-a-Cola.
66. Remove CaC
MysticTheMeeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #77
TailsTheeFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyGuyEver View Post
There already is, and it's called Crit-a-Cola.
That's not adrenaline, that's obviously overpowered bull.
TailsTheeFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:50 AM   #78
aabicus

67. Give the TFC Pyro her own female voice lines in Team Fortress Classic
aabicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:08 AM   #79
A 1970 Corvette

68. Have a (low) random chance for the Spy's knife draw animation to be the more complex beta animation.
A 1970 Corvette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:32 AM   #80
MysticTheMeeM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A 1970 Corvette View Post
68. Have a (low) random chance for the Spy's knife draw animation to be the more complex beta animation.
Doesn't that take much longer though?
I think I'd miss it if it happened to me.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:09 PM   #81
Xazo-Tak

69: Add new considerations into domination system so that dominations only occur when a useless player is getting stomped. Assists no longer count towards dominations, destroying a sentry counts as revenge, damage dealt to the victim is considered, and recent damage the victim deals (to anyone) as well as their contribution towards winning is considered too.

So if some Heavy mows down half the enemy team then gets sniped, that sniper will only be a smidgen closer to dominating them.
This means that easily annoyed players will not switch classes just to get revenge against someone playing a class their class is bad against.
But an entirely legitimate situation for a domination is when the third spy gets wrenched for the third time, maybe even only after two times if they're a particularly bad spy.

70: Melee weapons belonging to anyone but Demo and Spy count twice as much towards dominations, Holy Mackerel thrice as much.
Xazo-Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:19 PM   #82
aabicus

71. If #70 happens, don't forget the poor Unarmed Combat.

72. Switch the Unarmed Combat skins so you're using an enemy spy arm, not a friendly. Thats how the Bat Outta Hell works.
aabicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:31 PM   #83
Terobero

73. add the civilian
Terobero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:43 PM   #84
The Medic

74. Add an option to play parts of the TF2 soundtrack in-game and not just on the main menu.
The Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:33 AM   #85
Thurbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic View Post
74. Add an option to play parts of the TF2 soundtrack in-game and not just on the main menu.
I know that's not what you're thinking of but technically you can make (custom) audio files that play for any single one of your actions. That way you could play a short theme every time you switch classes, for instance, play a theme when you change disguises as Spy, play silly sound effects every time you switch weapons etc.

I just thought of the most stupid thing ever. Save an entire scale of short notes and then make the game play one any time you perform an action

Option 1: Assign a specific note to every key. Make WASD G, A, B and D and space a lower D. Mouse 1 and Mouse 2 become A# and G# respectively for dramatic effect. Enjoy automatically, poorly improvised melodies as you play.

Option 2: Make an alias that plays notes in order as you press any key. Play "The Final Countdown" at a varying pace which likely makes it sound completely horrible
Thurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:38 AM   #86
MysticTheMeeM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurbo View Post
Option 2: Make an alias that plays notes in order as you press any key. Play "The Final Countdown" at a varying pace which likely makes it sound completely horrible
I want
to make
this happen
when I change resistance.

And there goes my day.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:29 AM   #87
The Medic

Quote:
I know that's not what you're thinking of but technically you can make (custom) audio files that play for any single one of your actions. That way you could play a short theme every time you switch classes, for instance, play a theme when you change disguises as Spy, play silly sound effects every time you switch weapons etc.

I just thought of the most stupid thing ever. Save an entire scale of short notes and then make the game play one any time you perform an action

Option 1: Assign a specific note to every key. Make WASD G, A, B and D and space a lower D. Mouse 1 and Mouse 2 become A# and G# respectively for dramatic effect. Enjoy automatically, poorly improvised melodies as you play.

Surely it's just easier to use those 'sound sprays' that were a thing briefly?
The Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:19 AM   #88
Thurbo

Why would that be easier? It's the same thing, just that you use "impulse bla" rather than "play bla" in your scripts.

Also, my understanding was that you can only have one sound installed just like you can only have one spray.
Thurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:53 AM   #89
MysticTheMeeM

Quote:
Also, my understanding was that you can only have one sound installed just like you can only have one spray.
This is correct, and it's much more difficult (aka - nigh-on impossible) to change the sound easily mid-game. Aliasing it would really be the way to go.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:26 AM   #90
Xazo-Tak

75: Damage mitigation for 10 seconds after spawning: Damage received over the last second is capped at X% of your health, where X is the number of seconds since you spawned.
So stickies right outside the spawn door, spies who go for cheap spawnkills, and enemies who manage to build sentries right inside spawn won't be fun-ruining since it's mathematically impossible to die in less than 4 seconds, and the spy/demo is unlikely to kill you in less than 10.

Fortunately spawncamping is only a major problem on ctf_turbine, and that map has transparent spawn doors.

76: An extra health kit and ammo pack in 2fort, at the bottom of the stairs into the sewers though just around the corner.
It's the perfect place for extra health and ammo: It makes the funnest types of fights on that map more sustainable, is in a good place for those trying to break through tough defences, but is not in a good place for those who are just stomping the enemy team.
Xazo-Tak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2