Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic

Old 03-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #1441
supertzar

Mainly watching Seinfeld lately, though trying to sprinkle in some Girls and hopefully Taboo someday soon. Scared to watch Iron Fist, cos I have enough unfinished on my list.
supertzar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:12 AM   #1442
The Medic

Watched the first episode of Adult Swim's Samuari Jack. It's goooood.
The Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:40 AM   #1443
fallacy

anyone seen the new iron fist show? i saw the first episode im in the middle ill have to keep watching i hope the kung fu looks good and not cheap looking.
fallacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:45 AM   #1444
AsheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallacy View Post
anyone seen the new iron fist show? i saw the first episode im in the middle ill have to keep watching i hope the kung fu looks good and not cheap looking.
I'm halfway through episode 4 and still indifferent. I'll keep watching it, but it has not hooked me like the other Marvel Netflix shows did.
AsheMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 AM   #1445
Ishan451

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallacy View Post
The kungfu is terrible. I mean especially considering this is supposed to be his superpower.

Imho he is a Yoga Instructor claiming to be a Kungfu master. And the story is contrived...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsheMan View Post
I'm halfway through episode 4 and still indifferent. I'll keep watching it, but it has not hooked me like the other Marvel Netflix shows did.
It gets a bit better after episode 6...
Ishan451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:28 PM   #1446
Stoib

I could never see the appeal or get into the DareDevil/Jessica/Luke shows after giving them a try.
They seem to be highly praised and generally liked by the majority though.
With that in mind I've been hearing nothing but negativity surrounding this Iron Fist thing, going so far as to call it a Netflix failure, has <20% score on rotten tomatoes etc.

I did intend to eventually try to get through those other Marvel shows at some point maybe when my current schedule is on break and I have nothing else to watch. Think I might give this one a pass however if this is the general consensus I'm seeing.
Stoib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:48 PM   #1447
JustAnotherFan

4 episodes into Iron Fist and I'm struggling to continue. It's just not a good show.
JustAnotherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #1448
AsheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
4 episodes into Iron Fist and I'm struggling to continue. It's just not a good show.
Ishan was right that it seems to start to get better in episode 6. That's far too long in a series to get beyond a rocky start.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:44 PM   #1449
JustAnotherFan

Quote:
Ishan was right that it seems to start to get better in episode 6. That's far too long in a series to get beyond a rocky start.
Episodes 6 - 7 is usually the point where the Marvel shows have overstayed their welcome.

On a side note: I wonder if Luke Cage and Iron Fist will get a second season, or if they'll jump directly to Heroes for Hire after The Defenders.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:58 PM   #1450
AsheMan

Quote:

On a side note: I wonder if Luke Cage and Iron Fist will get a second season, or if they'll jump directly to Heroes for Hire after The Defenders.
My guess is that they go straight to The Defenders.

New episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 coming to Netflix April 14!
Old 03-22-2017, 07:43 PM   #1451
Stoib

Hmm, felt like I had this musical Flash episode built up way too much and had too high expectations.
It was 'alright'. Nothing really stuck with me though, and nothing was memorable in my opinion. (Still have Stein singing Tallyman stuck in my head from last week's Legends moreso than I can remember any of these)
Will have to listen through them/watch it again, perhaps.

I guess Buffy's Once more with feeling has just spoiled me and ruined expectations going forward since nothing can hope to compare or come close to that level of perfection anymore =(

==

Mystery science theatre is one of those things that might be a regional or generational gap for me. I've only really heard about it in forums and reddit etc. Supposedly it's the best thing since sliced bread though. Perhaps I'll also check that out come April.
Stoib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #1452
Ishan451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoib View Post
Hmm, felt like I had this musical Flash episode built up way too much and had too high expectations.
I knew nothing about it and turned it off halfway through. I loved the Musicals in Psych and i really enjoyed Galavant... this was just trash and a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoib View Post
Mystery science theatre is one of those things that might be a regional or generational gap for me. I've only really heard about it in forums and reddit etc. Supposedly it's the best thing since sliced bread though. Perhaps I'll also check that out come April.
Its definitely regional, i never heard of it even existing. As far as i can tell it was a thing Comedy central ran in the 90ties.
Ishan451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:59 PM   #1453
GirlPower23

Quote:

Quote:
My guess is that they go straight to The Defenders.
The Defenders is already done filming. I imagine we'll get a Season 2 for both characters. Although if one gets cut it would probably be Iron Fist. I think The Defenders will be a deciding factor in new seasons for these characters though. If they do well in The Defenders I could see their popularity and interest for them increasing.

Last edited by GirlPower23: 03-22-2017 at 08:03 PM.
GirlPower23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:48 PM   #1454
JustAnotherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlPower23 View Post
The Defenders is already done filming.
And debuting in the Summer, probably July/August. Punisher is rumored to be in the Fall, so probably in September so it doesn't clash with Stranger Things in October.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:54 AM   #1455
AsheMan

I'm enjoying Iron Fist more than most of the critics. I'm only on episode 11 so it could have a bad ending, but I actually like the story so far. It has had some good twists and turns these last few episodes.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic