Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops

Old 06-22-2011, 04:21 AM   #361
SteveMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred einstein View Post
is it may yet ?
No but it's nearly July.

They'll probably be released when they they time to spare from making DLC content.

To think I actually defended Treyarch before the game was released, what a joke.
SteveMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:05 AM   #362
Juppez

They probably release the mod tools month or two after the last dlc pack to squeeze most money out of the dlc:s
Juppez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:21 AM   #363
YummyYam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juppez View Post
They probably release the mod tools month or two after the last dlc pack to squeeze most money out of the dlc:s
If rumours about a 4th DLC are true,we might not even get to see BETA Mod tools until next year....

By then,"red tape" might force them to drop mod tools development altogether because Activision's smash and grab strategy is contingent on us buying each new cod title every year.If people are going to be sticking around BO because of moddability,then there might actually be less incentive for players to get MW3 or any future COD titles since more of us are loosing the rose tinted glasses to finally see that each new one is basically a rehash of the previous.

I have no doubts that the success of COD 4 has been a thorn in Activision's side and they have learned their lesson about making mod tools so readily available.

Last edited by YummyYam: 06-22-2011 at 05:25 AM.
YummyYam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #364
hacker145

this is getting funny month after month...i am waiting to get mod tools from december for BO,and about dlc,stick them into your when we have to pay for 3 and maybe more dlc about 45 $(just for 3 dlc),screw that ill save that money and buy battlefield 3 or some other game worth of that money.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #365
L3on1da

why pc_dev or jd_2020 don't answer at this post?
L3on1da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #366
slykia

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3on1da View Post
why pc_dev or jd_2020 don't answer at this post?
Because no matter what they say, the community will slander them.
slykia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #367
thotaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by slykia View Post
Because no matter what they say, the community will slander them.
If they had made the game work well the community wouldn't do it but it's the fact that we keep getting slapped in the face that makes us angry.
we get the patches a long time after xbox and psn, we got the 1st map pack after psn, we don't even get the waw zombie maps, and they said mod tools shortly after release it has been 7 months since release and we still don't have them.
thotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #368
slykia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thotaz View Post
If they had made the game work well the community wouldn't do it but it's the fact that we keep getting slapped in the face that makes us angry.
we get the patches a long time after xbox and psn, we got the 1st map pack after psn, we don't even get the waw zombie maps, and they said mod tools shortly after release it has been 7 months since release and we still don't have them.
It's all good business for them, why release mod tools when you can just charge people 15$ for 5 maps?
At most, they'll charge you for the mod tools and they'll be expensive and have constraints which won't lower the value of map packs to come; like make the mods only available for private matches.
slykia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #369
MjrEtr

The business argument assumes people wouldn't buy the packs if community maps were coming. Likely they would still buy them simply because its cod.

So a question to those that bought pack #3. If full tools were available on May 31 (including Radiant) would you still have bought it? Keeping in mind that it will take time to actually make a BO map and go through testing it. An even longer time to actually make a good one.
MjrEtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #370
Coalvayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnuu View Post
Can a modder/mapper answer my questions

So even though we are not getting Radiant, will the user be able to change aspects of the current map like say open up the side areas in Nuke town? Or change the sky to make it a night map? I am probably wrong cause I do not remember being able to do that in COD4 (besides Back lot which they provided).

Another dumb question, whats the difference in previous versions of Radiant? Could someone design a map in a previous version and bring it to BO? Or at least get their maps going at least?

All I know is if they do release Radiant(which I do not think they will) it will take a mapper 2-3 months to complete a map, by the time "good" maps start coming out MW3 will be out.
1. You may be able to augment skyboxes and map lighting without radiant but you won't be able to change actual geometry in existing maps without radiant, and without the uncompilable map files.

2. They haven't released all the details yet but since BO isn't technically the same engine as WAW do to all the graphic and mechanical tweeks I'm sure the new radiant will also have to be updated accordingly. Older maps MAY open in the new radiant but I wouldn't count on it. Developer tools can very very fickle. At best you may get lucky and be able to import the geometry brushes only, no textures or scripts.

Last edited by Coalvayne: 06-22-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Coalvayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops