Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alien Swarm

Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
Conqueror

ALIEN SWARM II: FORSAKEN BROODS

Hello, I'm a 3D artist and an Alien Swarm fan. I'm creating a mod for Alien Swarm. This mod pretends to be an expansion of the base game, adding extra content.

I'm currently working with a couple of persons. I'm looking for help to bring this mod alive, since I'm not a programmer my self. I also could use any help via 3D modeling, animation, mapping and so, so if you read it and you would like to participate, send me a pm or an email to afinitymusic@gmail.com

Key Features:

- Character customization: You will be able to create your own Officer, Special Weapons, Medic or Tech, choosing the skills the way you prefer.
- 30 new Items.
- 3 new Class Skills.
- Added a new customization slot, gadgets & armor which will hold passive bonuses.
- Revised game systems, such as Accuracy, Armor & Hacking.

WIP:

- New game play styles.
- 3 Campaigns of 5 maps each, strongly focusing on quality both in maps and history.
- New Mobs.

Link to the pdf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jhsckanfr8fna3/Aliens.rar
Old 01-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
Kein

"I'm creating an awesome mod for Alien Swarm Thread №27"
Kein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Conqueror

Don't misjudge me Kein, I'm posting this here for help, not for showing off my work.

I didn't intend to be another "hey my stuff is cooler than the other guys". I believe that Alien Swarm is a game that deserves a lot because it has given us a lot of fun hours. I just wanted to share it with the communitty and I'm asking for help, because I think that if anyone does something with Alien Swarm, it has to be excellent and that can't be achieved without help, help from gamers and people who love this game. I would have loved to start this thread as "guys I have create a mod, you can try it, just click it here", but I need your help.

Of course, any ideas, suggestions and that kind of things are always welcome as it's intended to be for Swarmers.

Oh and I would also like to say that, custom content, mods, etc... is what keeps this game alive. Otherwise...

Last edited by Conqueror: 01-21-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Conqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:36 AM   #4
Ääni

Didn't characters have things like "damage 5/7", "leadership 3/7" in Alien Swarm? I never understood what they meant. Does your character have those attributes listed on the menu or do you share them with your friends?
Ääni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:23 AM   #5
Conqueror

I'm not sure what you mean. In original Alien Swarm there's a good number of skills that are x out of 5. However, some of them are x out of 3 (Medic's Infestation Curing, Tech's Scanner & Engineering). The more points you have in a Skill, the better masters your character that Skill.

In Forsaken Broods, while you create your own character, maximum value of every skill is 5. Your character starts with 11 skill points and you can distribute them as you want (Skills are always going to stay between 1 and 5, as original Alien Swarm).

The fact is that you'll be getting extra points via leveling or completing campaigns on hard, insane or brutal difficulties. This makes Alien Swarm experience more important, as it's a way to customize your Skills and your character.

Last edited by Conqueror: 01-22-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
goodone

i wouldn't have my hopes up in getting any real help. asw modding base is depleted as it is, and most ppl r actively involved in some modding projects.

the pool is too small for so many crocodiles.

but, hell, good luck. i do appreciate the intention and enthusiasm. it's actually a nice change from usual negativity and hostility one gets from "veterans".

btw, u should do two things:
  • borrow already done things in other mods, since much has already been modded in this context, and, ofc,
  • leave these obsolete forums and switch to greener pastures valve made for us.
goodone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #7
Conqueror

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate your feedback, what you say seems completely true. I have been surfing around and ye, but hey, I believe we must do something special for this game.

Btw, where are those greener pastures?? I'm really interested.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #8
Kein

Conqueror
That is not what I meant. I'm just saying this will be another dead mod for AS. They all started with good intentions and ideas but die eventually because, well, the game itself is dead. I know only one massive mod/campaign that was actually finished after 2 years of development. And honestly it is really so-soish.
Kein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:13 AM   #9
goodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
I believe we must do something special for this game.
by all means, don't let us stop u. ^^

Quote:
Btw, where are those greener pastures?? I'm really interested.
the new steam community game hub discussions, ofc. they may not b great, but r already much popular than these old forums, and, i'm quite sure, valve is gonna b upgrading them continuously. so, welcome.

now, on the offtopic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kein View Post
I know only one massive mod/campaign that was actually finished after 2 years of development. And honestly it is really so-soish.
that only shows how much u know. lol.

and u know what, i'm tired, as, quite sure, many are, reading ur username, as a last poster, on every single thread in these forums, for years now, just to read yet another crap of negativity and cynicism every single time. plz, just don't bother anymore. u made very clear the game is dead for u, so just avoid these forums all together. otherwise, we may just pronounce u our local king's fool.

everybody else, i appoligize for my behavior here; this is more a thing for pm, but, let's not kid ourselves, it wouldn't have any effect at all. hell, maybe even this won't, but i had 2 do it.
goodone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #10
DaveS13

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hello, I'm a 3D artist and an Alien Swarm fan. I'm creating a mod for Alien Swarm. This mod pretends to be an expansion of the base game, adding extra content.
Hey, I recently discovered this thread, and read the attached pdf, this looks like an awesome project. So how is it going so far? Hope you are getting enough support for it.

An offline version would be a good idea also, since in my opinion it will attract more fans to give it a try, and hopefully restore life to AS.
DaveS13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alien Swarm