Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alien Swarm

Old 06-30-2013, 01:23 AM   #1
Jitterskull

Firearms (bullet weapons) overpowered and stupid

Everyone uses it and it takes quite a bit of fun out the the game.

Please nerf it PLEASE.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:03 AM   #2
Ääni

I agree. Why this game even has weapons?
Ääni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #3
phantom_six

everyone should just use flamers, teslas, chainsaws, bare knuckles, and stuff like that instead. Screw bullets projectiles, its all about playing with fire and flamers
phantom_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:03 AM   #4
Jitterskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom_six View Post
everyone should just use flamers, teslas, chainsaws, bare knuckles, and stuff like that instead. Screw bullets projectiles, its all about playing with fire and flamers
That's what I was thinking, why developers were so dumb to add bullet-based weapons anyway? They are no-fun, so stupid and overpowered, so everyone use them! Need to completely remove them or provide an significant nerf, so no one will ever use them again!
Jitterskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
gangstafernand0

As the absolute best player in the game, my opinion has the most merit when it comes to the issue you're parodying. Flamer ruins the game - no question. As an ex-flamer hor who ditched all of his teammates to get from point A to point B, leaving noobs to fend for themselves KNOWING THEY WOULD DIE, trust me, flamer is a **** weapon.

It's appeal is it's non-existent learning curve - the wide spread allows the most uncoordinated player to hit his target, and the stun leaves the drone immobile enough to ditch it without care. What's funny is that the flamer is no where near the best weapon - it's the best noob weapon for the reasons explained above. Many players claim that it's near impossible to complete some of the levels without flamer. To that, I say, I will complete any and all levels (with the exception of syntek, since a flamer is required for that level) without a flamer, without glitching and without rushing. I will also beat any player on here who challenges me to who can do the fastest speed-run, and I will do so without a flamer.

As someone who improved more than 10-fold after testing other weapons to become indisputably the best by actually having to learn the game, the flamer is a crutch and a piece of ****. Ironically, I've probably used the flamer only 20 times in the past 12 months and can still use it more effectively than anyone in the game.

Last edited by gangstafernand0: 07-15-2013 at 06:58 PM.
gangstafernand0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:41 AM   #6
Jitterskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstafernand0 View Post
As the absolute best player in the game, my opinion has the most merit when it comes to the issue you're parodying. Flamer ruins the game - no question. As an ex-flamer hor who ditched all of his teammates to get from point A to point B, leaving noobs to fend for themselves KNOWING THEY WOULD DIE, trust me, flamer is a **** weapon.

It's appeal is it's non-existent learning curve - the wide spread allows the most uncoordinated player to hit his target, and the stun leaves the drone immobile enough to ditch it without care. What's funny is that the flamer is no where near the best weapon - it's the best noob weapon for the reasons explained above. Many players claim that it's near impossible to complete some of the levels without flamer. To that, I say, I will complete any and all levels (with the exception of syntek, since a flamer is required for that level) without a flamer, without glitching and without rushing. I will also beat any player on here who challenges me to who can do the fastest speed-run, and I will do so without a flamer.

As someone who improved more than 10-fold after testing other weapons to become indisputably the best by actually having to learn the game, the flamer is a crutch and a piece of ****. Ironically, I've probably used the flamer only 20 times in the past 12 months and can still use it more effectively than anyone in the game.
So you want to nerf weapon that is already as you explained - an weak and not so good, which for your opinion is a "noob" weapon? Your logic is invalid. I found it's the most fun weapon in game to play with, and there is no thing as "noob" weapon, it's about team play game with every weapon has it's tactic.
Jitterskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:50 AM   #7
goodone

i just love how modest he is when he speaks about his ablities.
and i also can't stop loving these discussions about flamer... it's like if ppl can't have enough.
goodone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #8
gangstafernand0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitterskull View Post
So you want to nerf weapon that is already as you explained - an weak and not so good, which for your opinion is a "noob" weapon? Your logic is invalid. I found it's the most fun weapon in game to play with, and there is no thing as "noob" weapon, it's about team play game with every weapon has it's tactic.
nope. theres is no team play. I have a ton of experience - trust me. I already explained why it's a noob weapon. There's no learning curve and it immobilizes the drones and prevents them from attack for like 10 seconds. Other weapons do not do this. I want to nerf it because it has ruined the game, not because it's too good. It is too good in the sense that you can learn how to use it within 3 seconds. I used to think the same way as you, but whatever, believe what you want.

goodone - I don't have to be modest. The only reason I mentioned my superior skill (which is fact) is that it gives me more authority in presenting my argument. Similar to if Alexander the Great were to argue about war tactics - he'd point out that he has the most success, and therefore his strategies hold more weight.

But yeah, in public games you'll see 4 flamers (and 0 teamwork). If the weapons were balanced, this obviously wouldn't be the case. And it's almost always one speed - rush.

I don't really care if AS nerfs the flamer or not - I care that players are staying awful and playing one dimensionally because of it.
gangstafernand0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #9
Alien Swarm

It doesn't matter, as they will never update this game again, but it's the truth. The flamer is the worst weapon in the game and ruined the entire aspect of team play. Flamer can be a useful weapon, but too many people abuse it almost everyone carries one.

Every pub game has become a race to see who can run to the end the fastest. People love to show off. "Look at me guys, I'm already at the end of the mission while I leave you all behind to deal with swarms of aliens that I spawned on you!"

The ridiculous "stun and run" gameplay that evolved from flamers seriously ruined this game. It's killed teamwork and made the game extremely easy.

The flamer needed a nerf a long time ago, maybe even limiting 1 flamer per squad would have been a good idea.
Alien Swarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alien Swarm