Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 02-08-2015, 11:43 PM   #1
The Medic

A List of Good Community Servers

I don't have time to check every single server, so new servers won't be added to the list, but you are free to link to the STEAM GROUP/WEBSITE/FORUM of your server. DO NOT POST IP ADDRESSES, your post will be removed.

If you see a server that is no longer working or whatever, post here and I'll investigate/remove the server.

*old text*

Hi all,

We need a list of good servers. You often get people coming along saying "Hai! Do you know of a good server or five?" and we all say yes. So here's a list of links to servers. Each link leads to a Steam Group, since we can't post IPs here.

The whole point of this thread is to try and save TF2's community. Many players like myself are homeless, their favourite servers died; or they're newbies, playing on Valve servers which are unmoderated and often ruined by hackers or people who are just too good. It's fine to want newbies to have a vanilla experience, but a vanilla, unmoderated experience just drives people away.

New players need a good environment in which to flourish, and Valve servers do not provide that. So we're going to provide it.

For extra support, JOIN THE GROUPS. Let them know you love them.

If you wish to add a server (THAT YOU HAVE PLAYED ON AND ENJOYED), post in this thread with the following info:
Code:
This list is old. Some servers might not work.

North America
FastCompany - No crits - Home of SPUF community events.
Furry Pound #4 - Has crits, but recommended by various SPUFers. Also really old. Well done for surviving since 2008!
Crit Sandvich - Only played a few times, but everyone else seems to like them.
Duck Soup Gaming
Apparently Stabby has a server. Expect to be backstabbed.
Does _STAR ban or nerf minisentries?
Firepowered
SouthernCross Gaming - Based in Illinois - Join group.
Nemu's
CCGaming
WickedAfterlife
TAUNT
Omega Arcade Vote for random crits/damagespread/etc. - Based in Canada
No Heroes - 24/32 player servers and custom maps.
Random UGC server - Running UGC HL maps, no crits/damage spread, 18 slots - Link changed due to ddos thingy.
Pony Fortress - Based in Atlanta - Neigh!
GotSticed - Custom servers, running Tf2Kart, Dodgeball and super enhanced prop hunt/hide and seek.
Trainyard - They have PUGs and stuff. Plus Pyromechanical is a member of their group, and he's a picky bastard, so it must be alright.
Paradise Lost - Located in California
JunkYard Dawgz - Custom content, located in Chicago
Hardcore Hightower - Located in Dallas - High Tower, clearly.

Europe
Rocket' Roll - No crits Rest in peace They're back
Hampshire Heavies - Vote for random crits or not - Based in UK
GHQ - Based in Germany
Pelipurkki - Finnish server
Trigger Happy Gamers - Based in the UK
Who Dares Grins
Schlachtfestchen - German server
Dirsec - Runs custom maps.
Grumpy Old Gits
An Old Tree - Some custom maps
Lethal Zone - Have all sorts of maps, mostly 24/7 bad maps and fun ones, but if you're bored and desperate, I guess they'll do.
Five_5tars - No damage spread or random crits, runs a variety of custom and competitive maps, as well as default maps.
Gamers United EU - Sister community to Kritzkast
GrimGG - Must be better than Valve servers, they actually run workshop maps
Acid's Playhouse - 100% crits, 32 players but moderated. Located in Bristol, UK.

South America
Server de Macho - No crits - Based in Brazil
Catlands - No crits, regular rapid map voting - Based in Argentina

Asia
ShanaHub - Bunch of servers in Singapore - Also has Mumble

Oceania
No Kids Here - Somewhere in Australia - Includes a no-spread/crits server and SOAP DM.
Smurfy Fortress - Runs all sorts of goodies, including Stop That Tank! and has a custom autobalance system. Sounds great.
Conquer MGE - You Australians need more servers and places to practice your 1v1s.

Multiple/Unknown/Other Servers
TF2 Tightrope - Modded server that tests out different balance changes.
Kritzkast - I should probably have them here.
Stop That Tank! - Custom Payload MvM crossover thing - Has a server in Sydney.
Reddit - Some servers are no crits.
FuG World - Assorted servers
TF2maps.net - custom maps only, testing what could be the next official maps - servers in New York and France.
Arena Fortress - will look at later. I like Arena.

Competitive
TF2 Center acts like a gap between competitive and pubs, you could essentially call it organised pubbing. Worth looking into if you want to get the feel for things.
Temporarily use a server, useful for competitive matches.

Servers for Team Fortress Classic / Fortress Forever / other games

Thank you to everyone who gives me links.

Here's to the future of a skillful TF2 community.

Last edited by The Medic: 01-19-2017 at 03:40 AM.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:47 PM   #2
Radiator Mint

Huzzah!
This is good.

I've played on the KritzKast servers once or twice, and they're fun.
We even spent a round playing all demoknight.
Radiator Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:48 PM   #3
d4m0

Well, perhaps this will work.
d4m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:15 AM   #4
The Medic

I added Kritzkast, because, well, I should. I'll need your help though on other server locations.
The Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:16 AM   #5
The Soldier

Does anyone still play Tightrope?
The Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:22 AM   #6
The Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier View Post
Does anyone still play Tightrope?
I see people playing on the EU server occasionally. Can't say for the other servers.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:38 AM   #7
John Caveson

Ducksoup Gaming has TF2 servers for mainly west coast players. Last I checked, they're nocrit and run community maps.

Star has his own server, which has a few modded weapons, like nerfed to hell mini-sentry and 25 slots ( i think the extra slot is reserved for STAR_ himself or admins). At least they're nocrit.

Stabby has his own server as well which serves as his home base whenever he streams. Last I checked there's class limits (though donors can bypass these), nocrits, community competitive maps, ping kicker (EU players beware), and 22 slots (2 hidden slots for admins).

That's all I can think of at this moment.
John Caveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:22 AM   #8
Pinkie Pie™

Link to Server Group: Stop That Tank!

These servers run a custom gamemode, but not the silly kind. STT games are fought and won through means of teamwork. For those of you who've never heard of it, it's basically a fast-action cross between Payload and Mann vs. Machine.

The US and EU servers are most populated (they are filled daily), although I recommend the US server as it has active moderation and regulars.
Pinkie Pie™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:03 AM   #9
Feiafox

STeam Group: GHQ

Multiple Servers: Vote for random crits on/off,

1 fast respawn with classlimits, no dmg spread, no crits
Feiafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:28 AM   #10
sham1

Oh boy this is gonna be good.

Location of both of the servers is Europe.

#1 pelipurkki.fi
A Finnish server with random crits and multiple servers for all tastes.

*puts flameshield up*
#2 Reddit Europe.
Reddit europe has 2 normal gameplay servers (oone based in Germany and the other is in England) and they also have MGE server. All of Reddit EU's servers are nocrit and has loads of many great players from also ETF2L and is one of the most balanced servers in EU. But because of the xenophobia of SPUFers against Reddit...
sham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:21 AM   #11
YoshiSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic View Post
completely unrelated but I really don't understand why spuf doesn't like him. I do like Jerma better, but STAR is a nice person. A lot of people call him a smug bag but his more serious videos provide insight into his personality.

Besides I don't think a friendly person like jerma would befriend a real jackass, lol
YoshiSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:42 AM   #12
The Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshiSoldier View Post
completely unrelated but I really don't understand why spuf doesn't like him. I do like Jerma better, but STAR is a nice person. A lot of people call him a smug bag but his more serious videos provide insight into his personality.

Besides I don't think a friendly person like jerma would befriend a real jackass, lol
That was more of a joke, but clearly STAR did something in the past to jarate everyone off. A lot of people blame him for the rampant hating of Gunslingers and the uprising of Trolldiers.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:43 AM   #13
Fropp

Thanks for this. Might try a few of the European ones tonight, getting sick of Valve servers
Fropp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:50 AM   #14
YoshiSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic View Post
That was more of a joke, but clearly STAR did something in the past to jarate everyone off. A lot of people blame him for the rampant hating of Gunslingers and the uprising of Trolldiers.
i figured as much, but they're really no big deal..
YoshiSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:51 AM   #15
Stric_Matic

Can add a few EU ones...

1. Triggerhappygamers (https://steamcommunity.com/groups/TriggerHappyGamers): based in the UK, has english chat and occasional mic-using regulars, their PL rotation server is the one that's usually active (evenings), generally experienced players, good administration.

2. Who Dares Grins (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WDGTF2Community): rotation server, has some chatty regulars and a very chatty admin, experienced players (not necessarily high level, but better than Valve ones for sure), only really active on certain evenings (tuesday and friday, sometimes sunday), server is nocrits, nodmgspread.

3. Grumpy Old Gits (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thegrumpyoldgits): friendly, chatty, mostly UK-based, not that high of a skill level but not terrible either and actual play the game normally.

4. Kritzkast EU and UK servers are okay as well, already linked before.

5. Schlachtfestchen (https://steamcommunity.com/groups/schlachtfestchen): German, average skill levels, play custom maps often and try to promote them.

6. Dirsec (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Dirsec). DISCLAIMER: a server that sticks to serious or semi-serious custom maps and has been trying really hard to advertise and keep populated (especially on r/tf2). The admin's trying real hard to keep it active, but it's often a server for screwing around and not trying very hard, even though people kill and cap in general. A few slighlty annoying and loud mic users ocasionally that try to force 'friendlies' and truces but people mostly play normally. If you'd like to experience the many custom maps TF2 has to offer, try it out, but don't always expect everyone to give it their maximum or to be good.

Bear in mind that most of the listed EU servers in this thread are lately only active on evenings (often from around 8pm to 11-12pm), often kickstarted by invites sent to regulars. Join their Steam Groups and keep a heads up for announcements of population attempts.

I also haven't been playing TF2 much in the last 2 months so I hope some of these haven't completely died out in the meantime. Would be nice to get fresh batches of regulars to keep them alive and maybe active outside the peak evening hours.

Last edited by Stric_Matic: 02-09-2015 at 05:55 AM.
Stric_Matic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2