Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 01-02-2016, 09:53 PM   #1
Erutluv

Cooldowns are harsh/unjust

Got 30 mins the other day from kicking too many players(I only kick afk/griefers and with this new ranking system there are TONS of these derank/afk) but hey apparently that's against the rules or something so please, dish it out. Last night my electricity cut out from a snowstorm so that netted me a good 2 hour, and finally today at the very last round of the match right when we lost, I was vote kicked off as my teammates were giggling away earning me a 24 hour cooldown. Congrats Valve, you're really punishing the toxic players, the bug abusers, and the hackers, with your competitive cooldowns. In fact, this 24 hour cooldown is really going to make me rethink how I can change the weather, and play without a single afk player on my team scripting a spin. I'll try harder next time.

TL;DR cooldowns are not working as intended, but Valve has no clue nor desire to make them work properly so we'll just say that they're working as intended.

Last edited by Erutluv: 01-02-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #2
forrestparkay

You have to get vote kicked a LOT to get banned. I have a friend who plays, who's a girl, so she gets kicked daily. She hasn't ever been banned for being kicked too many times.
forrestparkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:50 PM   #3
Erutluv

Please, spare me the comparisons. You're making a claim on what you believe, I'm stating facts based on what actually happened to me. You think the cooldown system works, I get it.
Erutluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:28 AM   #4
freakn1ck

played a ridiculous amount of games and never gotten a cooldown

also rarely need to kick anyone

cooldown system is fine... should be harsher on people purposely ruining games
freakn1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 04:51 AM   #5
DEAD P5YCHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erutluv View Post
Please, spare me the comparisons. You're making a claim on what you believe, I'm stating facts based on what actually happened to me. You think the cooldown system works, I get it.
Doesn't matter, he is right. Takes a good amount of previous kicks to get banned.
All those kicks against you can't be from trolls.

System works as intended. When I was in silver and nova ranks. I can agree there were a lot of griefers and afkers. But I never got voted picked to the point I had a cooldown, if someone is trolling and asking to be kicked you don't kick them.

Much of the stuff people complain about in regards to the cool down system can be avoided
DEAD P5YCHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:38 AM   #6
nooneeverdoes

I'm always playing alone, system not working properly, kids very rude with me, to many racist speaking in my address and finally kicking for no reason.
after kick I will lose my rank, but for me this dosen't matter (in my opinion this not fair), and time to time I will have cooldown, in my experience I had cooldown in 7 days!!
this system , but no one interesting , kids wanna cheats and new skins. community incredible angry compare to another platform, I dont know what wrong but this never was before.
my kids was stopped played csgo and switched to another game, and I'm really happy.

today all good games is multiplatformed and I promise you will buy only another platform - origin, sony and microsoft.

I know my $ not important, but I'm thinking to many another people choices my way.

Last edited by nooneeverdoes: 01-03-2016 at 07:50 AM.
nooneeverdoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:51 AM   #7
- HawkEye -

There is literally no reason to kick afks/griefers. Either the system will remove them itself and/or report and let OW deal them a 30 day cooldown.

Hell, it'd even be fine if the cooldown system was a little harsher imo. And frankly, you always risk getting kicked/trolled/etc. when you're solo queuing. It's no different in any other competitive team game. Queue with friends or take your chances, your choice. And if you have no friends like our buddy nooneeverdoes here, MAKE SOME.
- HawkEye - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:15 AM   #8
vandal33

Quote:
Got 30 mins the other day from kicking too many players(I only kick afk/griefers and with this new ranking system there are TONS of these derank/afk) but hey apparently that's against the rules or something so please, dish it out.
The kick system is a last resort against griefers that you can do once in a while not a toy you use 2-3 times a week, dummy. The cooldown is there to show you what you did wrong so hope you learned from it.

Quote:
Last night my electricity cut out from a snowstorm so that netted me a good 2 hour,
Your fault, obviously. But be Valve understands these things can happen unexpectedly so that's why you should have 30mins-2hours cooldown only, unless you're being a rule-breaking prick often.

Quote:
and finally today at the very last round of the match right when we lost, I was vote kicked off as my teammates were giggling away earning me a 24 hour cooldown.
And you complained kicking too much should not get a cooldown when kick abusers like you kicked people?

Quote:
TL;DR cooldowns are not working as intended, but Valve has no clue nor desire to make them work properly so we'll just say that they're working as intended.
Maybe you're the one who is clueless. Imagine if the cooldown didn't implemented, we would see more leavers. The cooldown is there to protect legit players from repeat offenders from screwing up another match. If unexpected things happen like power outage, you should only get like 30 minutes.

Learn the rules, new guy.

Last edited by vandal33: 01-03-2016 at 09:19 AM.
vandal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:48 AM   #9
Erutluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal33 View Post
The kick system is a last resort against griefers that you can do once in a while not a toy you use 2-3 times a week, dummy. The cooldown is there to show you what you did wrong so hope you learned from it.

Your fault, obviously. But be Valve understands these things can happen unexpectedly so that's why you should have 30mins-2hours cooldown only, unless you're being a rule-breaking prick often.

And you complained kicking too much should not get a cooldown when kick abusers like you kicked people?

Maybe you're the one who is clueless. Imagine if the cooldown didn't implemented, we would see more leavers. The cooldown is there to protect legit players from repeat offenders from screwing up another match. If unexpected things happen like power outage, you should only get like 30 minutes.

Learn the rules, new guy.
Lol. After weeding through the insults none of your points even make sense. Yeah I'm going to kick derankers/afkers because I prefer to win a game and a bot is better than someone who is completely useless because at least someone can control a bot. The entire purpose of kicking is to remove a player that is ruining the game experience, so tell me what I did wrong. Oh right, nothing, I'm actually improving the game for myself and my teammates by kicking derankers and we are the ones punished for kicking them.

Wait for overwatch to ban them for griefing? And take the fourth loss in a row? Every single day? Yeah right. Oh wait, I guess that's what I should do in order to avoid a cooldown.

Maybe I wasn't clear on my last part: We just lost the game like 7-16 because my team and I were playing poorly, some were half-trolling etc. and as we were losing we pretty much stopped trying, no big deal and enough excuses, just a poor game and another loss. However, just before the round ended a vote kick popped up on my name and it passed just after the round ended. It was literally the last round which gave us the loss of the game and as I'm getting kicked they're all laughing on the mics. Woops, all my fault.

Here's the game and proof it came to the last round:
http://i63.tinypic.com/24ax5rp.png

"You won't get banned for one kick" - Kid that kicks people for the lulz aka everyone in this thread.

Oh and surely just because in all your 10's of hours of gameplay and thousands of hours on the forums that you've "NEVER" received a cooldown, it surely means that any other player can never get a cooldown. Wouldn't that be something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakn1ck View Post
cooldown system is fine... should be harsher on people purposely ruining games
"Got a cooldown for kicking griefers/afk"
So here I am kicking people purposefully ruining games because my team and I want to win, and I(possibly them too) get punished for it with cooldowns. Yeah, it's fine.

As proven by the responses here and the people in game, this community is garbage.

Last edited by Erutluv: 01-03-2016 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:31 PM   #10
ChocOrange

Erutluv, you're very new to the game. People used to votekick "for fun" because there wasn't a punishment.

Valve introduced cooldowns for kicking too many players and now people have to vote kick only when strictly necessary or they receive a ban.

I strongly advise you to stop kicking or you'll very quickly get a week's ban.
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #11
DragonSlayer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocOrange View Post
Erutluv, you're very new to the game. People used to votekick "for fun" because there wasn't a punishment.
They still do it...
DragonSlayer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:06 PM   #12
- HawkEye -

Quote:
The entire purpose of kicking is to remove a player that is ruining the game experience, so tell me what I did wrong. Oh right, nothing, I'm actually improving the game for myself and my teammates by kicking derankers and we are the ones punished for kicking them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by - HawkEye - View Post
There is literally no reason to kick afks/griefers. Either the system will remove them itself and/or report and let OW deal them a 30 day cooldown.
Read pls.
- HawkEye - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:23 AM   #13
Erutluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by - HawkEye - View Post
Read pls.
Like I said, why should I have to wait and endure the painful ~45 minute game and loss when we can kick the idiot, get a bot, and possibly win? Oh right to avoid a cooldown lol.

Anyways, last night me and 2 teammates huddled in long doors on dust 2, an enemy rushes in and tries to knife us and spraying my revolver I kill all 3 players and get my 7 day. Congratulations, Valve, on cleaning up the community with your cooldown system.

Last edited by Erutluv: 01-07-2016 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:14 AM   #14
vandal33

Quote:
Like I said, why should I have to wait and endure the painful ~45 minute game and loss when we can kick the idiot, get a bot, and possibly win? Oh right to avoid a cooldown lol.
If you don't want a griefer on your team, either you quit playing competitive or play a full team, expecting everyone in the community to be decent is a stupid move. Kicking them gets you banned which means you are no different than stupid rule breakers stacking cooldowns.

Quote:
Anyways, last night me and 2 teammates huddled in long doors on dust 2, an enemy rushes in and tries to knife us and spraying my revolver I kill all 3 players and get my 7 day. Congratulations, Valve, on cleaning up the community with your cooldown system.
Congratulations, Valve, on cleaning up these careless aim noob team killers with your cooldown system.

Break rule -> get cooldown -> blames cooldown system -> cry about it in forum and proclaim self innocent. CSGO community in a nutshell.
vandal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:47 AM   #15
Erutluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal33 View Post
If you don't want a griefer on your team, either you quit playing competitive or play a full team, expecting everyone in the community to be decent is a stupid move. Kicking them gets you banned which means you are no different than stupid rule breakers stacking cooldowns.

Congratulations, Valve, on cleaning up these careless aim noob team killers with your cooldown system.

Break rule -> get cooldown -> blames cooldown system -> cry about it in forum and proclaim self innocent. CSGO community in a nutshell.
Kicks griefers-> banned for kicking griefers-> comes to talk to community about it-> gets called a noob. Csgo community in a nutshell

Nobody is crying here buddy.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive