Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 01-06-2017, 12:07 PM   #1
freakn1ck

prime MM now full of cheaters? overwatch exploit = no more bans

so is prime Matchmaking no longer playable? all the games I get anymore are blatant cheaters boosting 4 other people. I played a spinbotter, another banned from ESEA for cheating that was blatantly walling, and finally another booster today who dropped 58 kills on D2 more than the spinbotter managed.

and there seems to be an overwatch exploit that is keeping them out of overwatch. So they aren't catching bans.

I was happy with prime when it first came out. Blatant cheaters would get banned quickly and would be removed. Now it just seems like a waste of time.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:39 PM   #2
Dunnerski

Its more likely that people aren't doing overwatch enough.
Dunnerski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #3
Yaspan

I have been experiencing the same, and thought maybe it had something to do with not really being in prime. After the Christmas break (didn't have time to play during) my prime status somehow disappeared (I did not notice until after I had played a few games). I had to verify my phone number to get it back and I thought that would fix the problem, but after verifying I am still experiencing way more cheaters than usual.

Last night I had an unbelievable experience, at least 3 cheaters on the other team and 3 on mine. At one point I got shot through smoke even though I was playing an off angle and was shift walking. My teammates got angry at me for not shooting the guy first even though I could not see him through the smoke. I explained I could not see him because I do not cheat and was stunned to hear them say they do cheat as does everyone else and that I should get with the program.

At this point I am not even sure if I am in prime even though it says that I am now
Yaspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #4
freakn1ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnerski View Post
Its more likely that people aren't doing overwatch enough.
I guess that could be it. If it takes a month or more to ban blatant cheaters. I guess people will still go to boosters so they can get their screenshots of global before their rank gets reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaspan View Post
At this point I am not even sure if I am in prime even though it says that I am now
Ya, it made me double check my prime status too.
freakn1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #5
capy2008

If Gaben pay me for do overwatch job, I will do it! It is not worth it to do their jobs, atleast they can implement some ingame wepons and knife skins rewards.
I can't do any job for getting nothing in return, maybe I get more cheaters in gameplay. LOL!
capy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:44 PM   #6
Dunnerski

Quote:
Originally Posted by capy2008 View Post
If Gaben pay me for do overwatch job, I will do it! It is not worth it to do their jobs, atleast they can implement some ingame wepons and knife skins rewards.
I can't do any job for getting nothing in return, maybe I get more cheaters in gameplay. LOL!
As terribly written as this is, hes right. There isn't much incentive to police Valves game for them, some bonus xp you have to play a match to receive. Whats the point though with the cap on rank up drops. Especially not when they're releasing these insulting cash cows. Crate upon crate, sprays, gloves. I'm just waiting for our crosshairs to get locked and we have to buy those too.

Last edited by Dunnerski: 01-06-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Dunnerski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:07 AM   #7
vandal33

Quote:
Originally Posted by capy2008 View Post
Overwatch is a volunteer work to remove cheaters, and that is the reward. People do it for goodwill, not for greed but I think that's why people aren't doing it (myself included), there's nothing in return.

Edit: Basically, people are too greedy to do volunteer work for free, they demand reward if they are going to police Valve's work. I'm not saying a reward for Overwatch reviewers a good thing, just thinking this is the reason why people don't do it.

Last edited by vandal33: 01-07-2017 at 01:23 PM.
vandal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:03 AM   #8
fg_jester

Prime did it's job in the beginning, but now we are back to pre-Prime, which means Smurfs are ruining the game quite often again. It's so frustrating.

An exploit or whatever to avoid an overwatch case? *hmm sounds rather wired to me. How should this work, because as far as I understand, an Overwatch-Case will be triggered from a certain amount of 'ingame-reports", right?

However, I am not longer doing Overwatch-Sessions, because I believe it's a waste of time. Especially after Winter-Sales. Maybe this is a Community-Service, but why isn't VAC doing it's job properly? This should catch a balant Cheater in-game and not x days later, when the 'harm' is already done. But that's just me.
fg_jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:55 AM   #9
cJlD2ENp4PoPQ

no overwatch is not waste of time. If you follow the profiles of suspects after posting the form, you will see obvious cheater will get a ban some minutes or hours later. You are able to clean the game from dumb cheaters, who can not hide their cheat.

But the big overwatch problem is, just really obvious cases or test-cases are a part of overwatch investigations. Many cheaters are cheating one game or just enable the hack in a losing match. This cases won't see an overwatch investigator.
The overwatch system decides whether a player is cheating or not and if the system detect a possible cheating case, an investigator will check the case manually. I believe, Valve uses player stats (aim through wall, fast unhuman reaction times, suspected game injections which wont trigger vac, pre-aim etc) to filter report cases. This filters should avoid false cases, but caused that some cheaters won't get one.

This kind of detections are very error-prone and you have to avoid false positives, otherwise the flame about false bans will much greater than the flame of non-banned cheaters
I am sure this is the cause of the long OW-Beta. Valve used the time to adjust the detection parameters.

Last edited by cJlD2ENp4PoPQ: 01-07-2017 at 07:13 AM.
cJlD2ENp4PoPQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #10
Ev8

Overwatch doesn't work. The average player just isn't qualified enough to review demos. Maybe if they're like spinning and shooting through walls, Sure? When a game needs Prime and a separate detection system just to have a normal experience something is wrong. It's been well over a 18 years and cheating has not been solved yet. This is just a lack of care and diligence.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=837257078

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-fWnUp-iZBrJ-BtkW8-oB7aO-DbtSJ
Ev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:48 PM   #11
Yaspan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev8 View Post
Overwatch doesn't work.
Ummm they caught you, at least that is what it says on your profile no? If you are legit and just too good for mm how then are you doing on ESEA or Faceit?
Yaspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:45 PM   #12
ChocOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaspan View Post
Ummm they caught you, at least that is what it says on your profile no? If you are legit and just too good for mm how then are you doing on ESEA or Faceit?
He's a simple bully who likes to derank accounts to play easy games.

Sad really.
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:00 AM   #13
vandal33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev8 View Post
Overwatch doesn't work. The average player just isn't qualified enough to review demos. Maybe if they're like spinning and shooting through walls, Sure?
The point of Overwatch is to catch blatant cheaters that is too obvious even average players can see. I've seen games with hackers blatantly showing off their hacks, getting 5 kills in the first 3 seconds of the round by shooting the wall - I'm sure average player doing overwatch can catch that.

Players hiding their cheats can still get away, but at least Overwatch narrows down the amount of cheaters by keeping the obvious ones out. Eliminating 100% of cheats from the game is impossible, at least overwatch is something.

And I'm not sure what are you trying to prove with that image, all I see is just you bullying lower level players while being proud being called a cheater by your teammates. Bad form, man.
vandal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:41 AM   #14
freakn1ck

how are people in prime Matchmaking with sub 100 hours played? I thought rank 21 took 200hours
freakn1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:18 AM   #15
cJlD2ENp4PoPQ

i needed 139hr. But if you completely use each weakly bonus, you could have lvl 21 in about 100hrs.
But prime matchmaking does not protect for cheaters. You can use voip, landline and mobile numbers to activate prime. Free prepaid SIM cards (without balance) can be ordered everywhere and landline providers offers partly up to 8 phone numbers.
cJlD2ENp4PoPQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive