Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 02-19-2017, 08:31 PM   #1
kinderjoker

Thumbs down Cheater update, also short message to valve

Playing around with my smurfs, and had a lovely game that ended in a draw.
Here is a pic of our cheaters performance:
http://imgur.com/a/TP6iT

Here is my message to valve:
Eat my dear valve, for making me sit through matches like this.

Ps.: if anyone wants to see the match and/or read nice chat entries, I can share the demo. Stay safe out there people!
Old 02-19-2017, 09:46 PM   #2
forrestparkay

Holy mackerel how do you drop 45 kills in 30 rounds and not win the match. How does your team get 103 kills in 30 rounds and you still don't win. They must have been TERRIBLE.
forrestparkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:00 AM   #3
vandal33

Valve didn't forced you sit the match, you did that on your own.
vandal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:27 AM   #4
cJlD2ENp4PoPQ

Matchlink: steam://rungame/730/76561198326606021/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-ks2hY-XHuTP-R6bK4-38PTo-AYEyB

i agree this looks like a very obvious cheat.
He tries to hide the wallhack, but the key bound aimbot isn't very smooth

Another one the brainless silver-like movement and pro aiming skills with enabled aimbot. This cheat doesn't look like an expensive vac proofed hack rather than a public hack. Maybe he will get a vac ban, just wait. But steam support won't help you for cheaters.
cJlD2ENp4PoPQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #5
kinderjoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal33 View Post
Valve didn't forced you sit the match, you did that on your own.
You are aware you get penalized for leaving a match, right? Do you play this game often, or you only browse the forum so you can leave dumb remarks?
Thanks for your contribution, please refer to "Here is my message to valve" section.
kinderjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:14 PM   #6
DragonSlayer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestparkay View Post
Holy mackerel how do you drop 45 kills in 30 rounds and not win the match.
play4frags.com
DragonSlayer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:33 AM   #7
vandal33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderjoker View Post
You are aware you get penalized for leaving a match, right? Do you play this game often, or you only browse the forum so you can leave dumb remarks?
Thanks for your contribution, please refer to "Here is my message to valve" section.
How many hours of CSGO you've played? By now, you should have realized it's nothing new seeing a hacker on the enemy team. Before pressing ACCEPT, you should know you're gonna be playing a full length match with opponents you do not know of. Are you expecting valve to put in some kind of penalty-free leave for players who think they're dealing with hackers?

Valve cannot control the community, they can only add restrictions to their game to reduce cheaters as much possible. With the exception of making CSGO super-expensive, they have done a lot to slow down hackers like limited wins for unranked players, overwatch, prime matchmaking, minimum XP for competitive, VAC, etc and here you are venting out frustrations instead of providing suggestions or anything useful. Do you have anything constructive to say or did you only browse the forum so you can leave your dumb remarks.

I encountered tons of hackers in prime, but I didn't lose my consciousness. Thanks for the news though, it's nice to hear people complain about hackers every week so I know cheating is still a thing.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:48 PM   #8
kinderjoker

Quote:
How many hours of CSGO you've played? By now, you should have realized it's nothing new seeing a hacker on the enemy team. Before pressing ACCEPT, you should know you're gonna be playing a full length match with opponents you do not know of. Are you expecting valve to put in some kind of penalty-free leave for players who think they're dealing with hackers?

Valve cannot control the community, they can only add restrictions to their game to reduce cheaters as much possible. With the exception of making CSGO super-expensive, they have done a lot to slow down hackers like limited wins for unranked players, overwatch, prime matchmaking, minimum XP for competitive, VAC, etc and here you are venting out frustrations instead of providing suggestions or anything useful. Do you have anything constructive to say or did you only browse the forum so you can leave your dumb remarks.

I encountered tons of hackers in prime, but I didn't lose my consciousness. Thanks for the news though, it's nice to hear people complain about hackers every week so I know cheating is still a thing.

Give me one more developer who doesn't ban a cheater instantly on detection. It's good to be smart here, but if you tell me you are not losing your when facing a cheater every 3rd game, then you are a liar. Keep on spreading your positive sounding self-promoting forum BS.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:41 AM   #9
vandal33

Quote:
Give me one more developer who doesn't ban a cheater instantly on detection. It's good to be smart here, but if you tell me you are not losing your when facing a cheater every 3rd game, then you are a liar. Keep on spreading your positive sounding self-promoting forum BS.
Not sure whether you're trolling or just out of ideas to write anything smart. And about banning cheaters instantly, VAC does that to a known cheat but every month, a new cheat is created so VAC needs some time to "know" that new cheat.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:03 AM   #10
ChocOrange

Quote:
Give me one more developer who doesn't ban a cheater instantly on detection.
Name one who does.

Instantly banning when a new cheat is discovered is pointless. 'Decent' cheat providers disable the cheat as soon as players get banned. You'll only ever catch a handful that way.

Once a cheat had had its first ban wave, it then instantly bans any new people using it.
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:36 AM   #11
Yaspan

"Once a cheat is added into a database of know cheats, from that time
any player that will be caught using the cheat will be punished for using
it. The problem is that a player must be caught cheating after the cheat
was added into the database of known cheats. To remove this limitation
VAC could store previously collected data about suspicious programs
and loaded modules, which were detected on player’s computer and
compare their hashes with just added cheat detection. This way VAC
could punish all users of the cheat, and not just those who kept using it
after the detection was added."

That is from the guy who created lmaobox cheat, interesting thesis on Analysis and detection of online game cheating software, if you have the time.
Yaspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:18 PM   #12
ChocOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaspan View Post
"Once a cheat is added into a database of know cheats, from that time
any player that will be caught using the cheat will be punished for using
it. The problem is that a player must be caught cheating after the cheat
was added into the database of known cheats. To remove this limitation
VAC could store previously collected data about suspicious programs
and loaded modules, which were detected on player’s computer and
compare their hashes with just added cheat detection. This way VAC
could punish all users of the cheat, and not just those who kept using it
after the detection was added."
Anti-cheats have used this technique for many, many years. Valve will be fully aware of this. It's no longer as simple as he puts it.

Cheat developers also know this and attempt to obfuscate. Remember the fairly recent fuss about Valve looking at DNS caches etc to determine when cheats were being authorised. They knew what the cheat was but couldn't detect its 'process' or they wouldn't have needed to check the authorisation.

A cheat developer recently said he'd rather his cheat was detected than his injection method. The latter takes significantly more skill.

Last edited by ChocOrange: 02-23-2017 at 03:22 PM.
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #13
kinderjoker

Another one today.. 356 hrs and spinning like . I'm glad the delayed ban method works out for valve. It sure as pays off for me. I hope to run into this fella after he surpasses a 1000 hrs.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:22 PM   #14
freakn1ck

Quote:
Valve cannot control the community, they can only add restrictions to their game to reduce cheaters as much possible.
What's one deterrent VALVE actually implemented that was meaningful tho? I'm not someone who would get any enjoyment out of cheating and it has never crossed my mind to do so, but if I wanted to I could cheat for the foreseeable future. I mean just look at the EV8 kid who posts here. How many overwatched accounts is he up to now?

Steam accounts are disposable, and so are copies of the game.
VALVE hasn't done anything to actually put it into someones mind that it's a good idea to you know not do this. Cheaters still have all the power.
freakn1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:42 AM   #15
vandal33

Quote:
I hope to run into this fella after he surpasses a 1000 hrs.
Don't forget to make another pointless rage thread once you do.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive