Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2017, 12:55 PM   #1
dontango
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 1736
Posts: 3,735
Cool Does the matchmaking service get even worse with every week that passes?

Just wondering because i am so extremely sick and tired of playing 6on6 on servers that are supposed to be 12on12 players. Central Europe. Prime gaming time. Fresh lobbies. Never filling up for no apparent reason. Then i'll have to disconnect and queue again.
dontango is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:14 AM   #2
Zilkenian
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Reputation: 138
Posts: 706
Same happened to me lately, but only during the day. If I connect at night, I get full teams easily.

This also happens more often than what I would like, to be honest.
Zilkenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:20 AM   #3
TMNWG
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Reputation: 478
Posts: 1,207
You're too good. The matchmaking system has deemed you so beyond the hundreds of 10 minute accounts that get abandoned and replaced just as easily that it doesn't know where to put you.
TMNWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:28 AM   #4
Zilkenian
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Reputation: 138
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNWG View Post
You're too good. The matchmaking system has deemed you so beyond the hundreds of 10 minute accounts that get abandoned and replaced just as easily that it doesn't know where to put you.
You....XDDDD!

Nah, it was because my team kept losing, so pretty much everyone left (I stayed because there were nice people on the other team, good players), and the coordinator fainted on me or something.
Zilkenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:05 AM   #5
TuxedoRex
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 558
Posts: 1,960
Other than map-vote drastically increasing the rate of partially filled servers and putting massive strain on the need for refills, No, the matchmaking service has not gotten any worse, OP.
TuxedoRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #6
Timerlane
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Reputation: 1022
Posts: 2,212
It does feel like this week in particular has been noticeably awful, as if some other major game just launched and stole a large chunk of the general playerbase.
Timerlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:38 PM   #7
SN34
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Reputation: 199
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timerlane View Post
It does feel like this week in particular has been noticeably awful, as if some other major game just launched and stole a large chunk of the general playerbase.
I can relate. I've been matched into games with less than 8 players total several times this week. It is likely pure coincidence though.
SN34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:47 AM   #8
Zilkenian
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Reputation: 138
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timerlane View Post
It does feel like this week in particular has been noticeably awful, as if some other major game just launched and stole a large chunk of the general playerbase.
So I'm not the only one then. However, at least yesterday there were full teams for me. Most of them.

This kind of reminds me of the day the item server crashed worldwide, and everyone was running everywhere with stock weapons and no cosmetics. Rare ocurrences that you live and then tell as funny stories.
Zilkenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:39 AM   #9
Sud
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Reputation: 2291
Posts: 3,576
Related vid: http://www.twitch.tv/qnai/v/126072991?sr=a&t=40m0s

around the 40 min mark games are like 4v5s over and over. User is in Finland.
Sud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:43 AM   #10
Thurbo
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Reputation: 2134
Posts: 5,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sud View Post
Related vid: http://www.twitch.tv/qnai/v/126072991?sr=a&t=40m0s

around the 40 min mark games are like 4v5s over and over. User is in Finland.
If small team sizes are a problem to you somehow you can always leave the server and search for a new match.
Thurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:19 AM   #11
Zilkenian
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Reputation: 138
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurbo View Post
If small team sizes are a problem to you somehow you can always leave the server and search for a new match.
Problem is you will probably end up in other small sized teams. I think it has more to do with which time of the day you're playing. If I play at, lets say, midday, I get small sized teams almost non-stop. If I play at night, I get large sized teams, sometimes even full.

Last edited by Zilkenian: 03-08-2017 at 04:20 AM. Reason: I don't know how to keyboard, sigh...
Zilkenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:06 AM   #12
TuxedoRex
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 558
Posts: 1,960
Destroy map-vote. Things were so good before it appeared.
TuxedoRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:37 AM   #13
Thurbo
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Reputation: 2134
Posts: 5,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilkenian View Post
Problem is you will probably end up in other small sized teams. I think it has more to do with which time of the day you're playing. If I play at, lets say, midday, I get small sized teams almost non-stop. If I play at night, I get large sized teams, sometimes even full.
My experience is that matchmaking assigns big groups of players to a server at once. Yes, I can't play at noon during workdays so I wouldn't know about that. If the issue is that sometimes no one is playing that's not something that can be fixed via matchmaking.
Thurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:56 AM   #14
Zilkenian
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Reputation: 138
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurbo View Post
My experience is that matchmaking assigns big groups of players to a server at once. Yes, I can't play at noon during workdays so I wouldn't know about that. If the issue is that sometimes no one is playing that's not something that can be fixed via matchmaking.
Exactly. If I see that I'm getting matched with a lot of small teams, I just stop playing and try another time. I can only play either at midday or at night, so I only have the stats of those two moments of the day.

Last edited by Zilkenian: 03-08-2017 at 05:59 AM.
Zilkenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:06 AM   #15
Hartisen
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 615
Posts: 4,280
The ping setting doesn't work so it's already as bad as it gets.
Hartisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2015, All Rights Reserved.