Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2017, 12:57 PM   #1
snz1
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Reputation: 0
Posts: 1
Reportbots

Hello guys, about 2 hours ago I've finished a match and one of my teammates was mad because I was the topfragger and not him. He told my at the end of the match that I will get reportbottted. I also have the proof when he told me that and I also have his steam profile in which he claims that he is using some kind of a rebortbot to ban people whom he doesn't like or suspected of cheating. I got this steam account from 2007 and I've gathered almost 4k hours in CS1.6 and 1k hours in CSGO, It would be plain stupid to get banned from something like that. I just want to know if there's something I can do against that. I don't want to lose my account because someone is going to use a reportbot to get rid of me. (I will also post this on forum,steampowered,com because I want to make this problem public and I would like to see this problem solved.) Valve should do something against reportbots because we've paid for a service and it would be really bad if this will continue. I've received few answers on the community forum but nothing clear. Here's the link (https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/d...1655653203151/)
I would like to know if there's any chance of getting banned without throwing or playing with hacks. I want to be sure of it in order to chill myself. I've looked up on google for informations about it and I've found few people who claims that they can still reportbot.
snz1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
forrestparkay
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 620
Posts: 6,647
I didn't think reportbots even worked anymore.
forrestparkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:57 PM   #3
vandal33
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Reputation: 169
Posts: 1,084
Reportbots don't cause bans.
vandal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:32 PM   #4
Euphytose
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 1142
Posts: 7,023
One of these days this type of guy is going to mess with the wrong person who will do far worse than "bot report" them.
Euphytose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:02 PM   #5
freakn1ck
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Reputation: 544
Posts: 3,921
report bots don't work

it's insane how hard it is to get a blatant cheater banned nowadays

it's like a month or more to catch an overwatch ban

so i'd say you're fine

Last edited by freakn1ck: 03-15-2017 at 08:05 PM.
freakn1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:02 PM   #6
hyundai
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 143
Posts: 2,315
duplicate sorry

Last edited by hyundai: 03-16-2017 at 09:22 PM.
hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:19 PM   #7
hyundai
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 143
Posts: 2,315
Report bots are reported effective in cheating forums. There is even a new cheat that autodetects other cheaters and auto reports using the report bot. I think it works by submitting the steam id using like 100+ csgo accounts reporting the steam id at the same time. This elevates the steam id for advanced VAC and overwatch detection. I can't attest to if it works or not but people on cheat forums say its harder to keep their accounts from being detected. I don't play much anymore but even when I did, at the highest levels, I only saw an occasional cheater and rarely ever a blatant one. I really don't think cheating is that much of a problem but if you feel that way, you can join like ESEA. I really don't understand though about people caring about cheating so much. If you really take this game seriously, play in a league and practice with a team, play in a lan tourney, and stop worrying about people cheating in matchmaking.
hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:29 PM   #8
Euphytose
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 1142
Posts: 7,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundai View Post
[...] you can join like ESEA.
It was all going so well...
Euphytose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #9
cJlD2ENp4PoPQ
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Reputation: 0
Posts: 231
OW works in MM games only. You can't report a player for cheating without included matchid.
The other one you need to be reported in different following matches to get a OW case. Tools like that, reports the player on his profile page and these kind of reports should be sent to steam support.
But report bots results in a more inefficient anti cheating system, because a flood of reports have to filter much more.

Last edited by cJlD2ENp4PoPQ: 03-17-2017 at 10:17 AM.
cJlD2ENp4PoPQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:39 PM   #10
perestain
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 190
Posts: 1,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundai View Post
Report bots are reported effective in cheating forums. There is even a new cheat that autodetects other cheaters and auto reports using the report bot. I think it works by submitting the steam id using like 100+ csgo accounts reporting the steam id at the same time. This elevates the steam id for advanced VAC and overwatch detection. I can't attest to if it works or not but people on cheat forums say its harder to keep their accounts from being detected. I don't play much anymore but even when I did, at the highest levels, I only saw an occasional cheater and rarely ever a blatant one. I really don't think cheating is that much of a problem but if you feel that way, you can join like ESEA. I really don't understand though about people caring about cheating so much. If you really take this game seriously, play in a league and practice with a team, play in a lan tourney, and stop worrying about people cheating in matchmaking.
TBF people who play for recreation after work every now and then should be able to enter a match without having to register at some 3rd party site just to avoid risking being robbed an hour of free time by the mentally handicapped.

Cheating used to be something frowned upon, nowadays people aren't even ashamed of it anymore, even openely admit it in forums and its and industry.
perestain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:02 PM   #11
ChocOrange
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 611
Posts: 5,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by perestain View Post
TBF people who play for recreation after work every now and then should be able to enter a match without having to register at some 3rd party site just to avoid risking being robbed an hour of free time by the mentally handicapped.

Cheating used to be something frowned upon, nowadays people aren't even ashamed of it anymore, even openely admit it in forums and its and industry.
Ask yourself how you played cs before csgo came out. You used 3rd party services...

You played pub servers with admins who quickly banned cheaters.
Or you played in a league.
Or got a scrim together in irc or mix vent etc.

Now, with MM, cheaters have an easy way to lock players into a game whilst they abuse it.

The sad part is that many newish players think mm is real competitive cs.
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:27 PM   #12
Euphytose
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 1142
Posts: 7,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocOrange View Post
The sad part is that many newish players think mm is real competitive cs.
Certainly more competitive than ESEA.
Euphytose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:38 AM   #13
forrestparkay
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 620
Posts: 6,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphytose View Post
Certainly more competitive than ESEA.
Dead talk off, friendly fire off... Esea is almost as casual as, well, casual.
forrestparkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:47 PM   #14
perestain
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 190
Posts: 1,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocOrange View Post
Ask yourself how you played cs before csgo came out. You used 3rd party services...

You played pub servers with admins who quickly banned cheaters.
Or you played in a league.
Or got a scrim together in irc or mix vent etc.
Yes, but it doesn't mean we have to go back to the cs middleages and accept that people cheat.

Quote:
Now, with MM, cheaters have an easy way to lock players into a game whilst they abuse it.

The sad part is that many newish players think mm is real competitive cs.
I don't think it's important what some people consider competitive or not.

The sad thing is that cheating is not considered absolute moronic low life BS and completely antisocial. Instead kids consider it a part of the game and I don't understand where all the tolerance comes from.

Let people provide passport id and ban them for life from competitive if they do it.

Kick their and format their harddrive if you see them at a LAN.

Hardware ban any piece of equipment and any account that is accessed from a PC that has cheats on it.
Yes, it might hit a few people who weren't aware what is happening, but at least that way they'll take better care next time who they trust. The burden of taking care should be on the people responsible for their pc.

Ban anyone who has "Hax" or the name of a popular cheatsoftware in their gaming id.

Cheating is simply not funny and unacceptable, no matter if its the majors finals or some ty silver 5v5 at 3 in the night.

People who consider cheating a kids joke that is to be ignored are part of the problem and almost as bad as the cheaters themselves imo.
perestain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:16 PM   #15
ChocOrange
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 611
Posts: 5,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by perestain View Post
Yes, but it doesn't mean we have to go back to the cs middleages and accept that people cheat.



I don't think it's important what some people consider competitive or not.

The sad thing is that cheating is not considered absolute moronic low life BS and completely antisocial. Instead kids consider it a part of the game and I don't understand where all the tolerance comes from.

Let people provide passport id and ban them for life from competitive if they do it.

Kick their and format their harddrive if you see them at a LAN.

Hardware ban any piece of equipment and any account that is accessed from a PC that has cheats on it.
Yes, it might hit a few people who weren't aware what is happening, but at least that way they'll take better care next time who they trust. The burden of taking care should be on the people responsible for their pc.

Ban anyone who has "Hax" or the name of a popular cheatsoftware in their gaming id.

Cheating is simply not funny and unacceptable, no matter if its the majors finals or some ty silver 5v5 at 3 in the night.

People who consider cheating a kids joke that is to be ignored are part of the problem and almost as bad as the cheaters themselves imo.
Forget hardware bans they are way to easy to circumvent.

The rest has already been suggested.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...11&postcount=9

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...7&postcount=25

What I find strange is Valve not taking these measures.
They are strict on bans for the 'pro' scene and expect everyone else to be cheated against.
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2015, All Rights Reserved.