Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 03-16-2017, 03:32 AM   #1
TMNWG

Spawnroom doors suggestion

I propose that spawnroom doors be seethrough on the inside. To me this seems like an adequate aide against spawncampers. While spawncamping can be averted, and there are several ways to counter it, making spawnroom doors seethrough on the inside will help to make the game less aggravating in a pub setting, and should have little to no impact on other aspects of the game.

Fixing the bug that allows enemies to wedge the spawnroom doors open with their bodies would also be appreciated.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:24 AM   #2
Gyokuyoutama

I propose that we allow teleporters to be built in all spawn rooms, so you can just skip past the door.
Gyokuyoutama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:24 AM   #3
The Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyokuyoutama View Post
I propose that we allow teleporters to be built in all spawn rooms, so you can just skip past the door.
Only entrances, and only teleporters for that team though. Last thing we want is people letting the enemy team in.
The Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
Timerlane

'Blind' sticky shutter/spawncamping is the only spawncamping I think seems 'cheap'. Everybody else pretty much has to leave themselves in plain sight when you open the door for falloff/LOS reasons, and apart from Snipers, nobody else is (generally) going to be able to instakill you right at/in the doorway.

For almost anything else, the Beggar's Bazooka is/was pretty much custom-made for making spawncampers really uncomfortable(i.e. time your door opening right as the third rocket loads). I'm not even sure what else the TF Team was thinking it was going to be seriously used for, assuming that both overload jumping and the 'bottomless clip' were originally unintended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic View Post
Only entrances
There's no way to dictate that, AFAIK. Team-sensitive nobuilds are already a thing(Gorge forward spawn roof), but anywhere that building is possible, Engineers will be able to grief by letting enemy Spies in.
Timerlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #5
supamark23

Quote:
There's a plugin for that, it's on the Nemu community servers (admin'd by Valve employees Jill and Drunken_f00l, among others). Speeds up the game because spies can't get to the entrances and you can't spawncamp.
supamark23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #6
Gyokuyoutama

Quote:
Originally Posted by supamark23 View Post
There's a plugin for that, it's on the Nemu community servers (admin'd by Valve employees Jill and Drunken_f00l, among others). Speeds up the game because spies can't get to the entrances and you can't spawncamp.
Speaking of Jill I finally got around to starting the Spice and Wolf novels.
Gyokuyoutama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #7
Kered13

Quote:
That's a terrible idea, it denies attackers the ability to destroy the teleporter entrance.
Kered13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:39 PM   #8
Xazo-Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kered13 View Post
That's a terrible idea, it denies attackers the ability to destroy the teleporter entrance.
Is that a bad thing?
The ability for BLU to win depends massively on having a teleporter, but even the worst Spy or Scout should be able to destroy the entrance with ease.
As someone who's backwards and mainly plays Engineer offensively and Demo defensively, I've found that I can do nothing about people who attack entrances (Unless I'm using Eureka Effect, but not having Jag is crippling), and my team is screwed if they have to spend 20-30 seconds walking to the front line, but they'll probably win if there is constantly a teleporter taking them to the front line.

Which means that as long as teleporter entrances are prone, victory depends largely on whether or not there is a RED player who will go out of their way to hunt down teleporters.
Xazo-Tak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2