Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Community Content / Contribution Project > Other

Old 09-21-2009, 07:37 AM   #601
Hggh7~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushdownace View Post
Great mock up of an update. But horrible idea as a real update.
You sir are getting rep
Old 09-21-2009, 07:42 AM   #602
lizzardman

This has got to be one of the dumbest community ides ever.
1. The sniffing is overpowerd, yet it becomes completely useless in arenas.
2. A dog just doesn't fit in with all the other characters. It's an animal FFS!
3. It's size and hitbox position will give it an unfair advantage in many maps and scenarios.
4. Seriously, if you want to play Team Fur 2 just go to fpsbanana.com and download skins.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:42 AM   #603
Crinkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushdownace View Post
Great mock up of an update. But horrible idea as a real update.
Oh sup, I'm rushdownace and I think this is a horrible idea as a real update with no support behind it, have a nice day.
Crinkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #604
Hggh7~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzardman View Post
This has got to be one of the dumbest community ides ever.
1. The sniffing is overpowerd, yet it becomes completely useless in arenas.
2. A dog just doesn't fit in with all the other characters. It's an animal FFS!
3. It's size and hitbox position will give it an unfair advantage in many maps and scenarios.
4. Seriously, if you want to play Team Fur 2 just go to fpsbanana.com and download skins.
You have given too much reputation in the past 24 hours
Old 09-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #605
backstepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hggh7~ View Post
But master chief and his rofl copter would be cool.
So any chance you get back under your bridge soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemanjello View Post
Well well, look at you. I presented obvious problems to the class, and you are still starry eyed over someones ability to use photoshop. Also, I've been on 4 sniper 28 spy teams and played against them, you either dominate or get dominated. Imagine 32 dogs running across 2fort's bridge at once.
That is not what the game is supposed to be. Instant spawn 32 people 2fort and saying the class would be a bad idea that is so funny. Try to play the game and everything it has to offer. Maybe even play with friends or on a server with less then 32 players.

I was saying something about the problems you don't react so you are just interested in disliking the idea nd not even a single second you think about the idea itself or that it might have positiv points.
Quote:
Is like trying to shoot a scout.

Sniper-why bother
Demoman-unless you see him a mile away and lay stickies down, normal grenades will miss
Heavy-Stands a chancce
Soldier-if you get lucky and hit the ground in the right place
Medic-Shouldn't be anywhere near
Spy-possible if backstabbable
Pyro-if you are close enough and they don't just back peddale and shoot.
Engineer-why bother, stupid shotgun is stupid unless you can lure him back to your sentry nest.
You know there are several things against this overpowered dog.

How about teamwork or maybe a scout. Just killing the dog before it happens to you. Not to mention that this class will not have that much health and the ability to carry stuff makes you an easy target and you are not able to defend against it.
If you are thinking about playing with the worst team how about a spy team or a heavy team. After all it is Team Fortress and that means you have to work together to win and that also means you try to support other team members. Protecting a sentry, attacking someone to get him away from a team member or even kill him. I will not continue its like saying we need to take out sniper or spy as a class because it is destroying the game.
backstepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:45 AM   #606
Hggh7~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crinkz View Post
Oh sup, I'm rushdownace and I think this is a horrible idea as a real update with no support behind it, have a nice day.
Yo Crinkz, I'm really happy for you, imma let you finish, but the 'dog update' is one of the worst ideas ever.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:45 AM   #607
Noxn

Quote:
Is like trying to shoot a scout.

Sniper-why bother
Demoman-unless you see him a mile away and lay stickies down, normal grenades will miss
Heavy-Stands a chancce
Soldier-if you get lucky and hit the ground in the right place
Medic-Shouldn't be anywhere near
Spy-possible if backstabbable
Pyro-if you are close enough and they don't just back peddale and shoot.
Engineer-why bother, stupid shotgun is stupid unless you can lure him back to your sentry nest.
Like you said, same for scouts.

Sniper: Difficult but doable.
Demoman: They will try to dodge your nades and often succeed.
Heavy: Maybe.
Soldier: With a little luck.
Medic: Shouldn't be anywhere near.
Spy: Only if camping in a spot the scout will run by. But not easy unless youre omfgninja.
Pyro: if you are close enough and they don't just back peddale and shoot.
Engineer: why bother, stupid shotgun is stupid unless you can lure him back to your sentry nest.

OMFG SCOUT IS TEH OVERPOWERED.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:45 AM   #608
rushdownace

Quote:
Any argument against it will be ignored by the fact that...ITS A DOG WITH GUNS ATTACHED TO IT! SOO COOOOL!! I prefer against the idea of adding a 10th class when the game isn`t quite balanced yet. How bout let Valve work with the current problems instead of adding more?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #609
Soldier4Hire

I think if implemented, the tracking skill should be seriously revamped. Also, save a explicit server command, limit the class to 1 dog to six players. That would prevent mass dog spamming.

As for people who say it doesn't fit into the universe. I think, instead of introducing a whole new persona to what I see as " the gang" would be far more cumbersome than introducing RED or BLU's best friend and loyal companion.

Plus you just know the engie has a few dogs at home.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #610
Lemanjello

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstepper View Post
So any chance you get back under your bridge soon?

That is not what the game is supposed to be. Instant spawn 32 people 2fort and saying the class would be a bad idea that is so funny. Try to play the game and everything it has to offer. Maybe even play with friends or on a server with less then 32 players.

I was saying something about the problems you don't react so you are just interested in disliking the idea nd not even a single second you think about the idea itself or that it might have positiv points.

You know there are several things against this overpowered dog.

How about teamwork or maybe a scout. Just killing the dog before it happens to you. Not to mention that this class will not have that much health and the ability to carry stuff makes you an easy target and you are not able to defend against it.
If you are thinking about playing with the worst team how about a spy team or a heavy team. After all it is Team Fortress and that means you have to work together to win and that also means you try to support other team members. Protecting a sentry, attacking someone to get him away from a team member or even kill him. I will not continue its like saying we need to take out sniper or spy as a class because it is destroying the game.
1. I don't have friends on steam. I've learned from XBL that you don't do it, its a waste of time.
2. It is called Team Fortress 2 because you are on a team, not because you have to act as one. Unlike L4D you can freelance when you want to. And I play 16 v 16 2fort with 10 second respawn. Thanks. instant respawn is fun though to.
3. If I wanted to play with eety beety little teams like you suggest, I would go back to playing TF2 on the Xbox. Where its safe from dogs.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #611
Crinkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hggh7~ View Post
Yo Crinkz, I'm really happy for you, imma let you finish, but the 'dog update' is one of the worst ideas ever.
Yo Hggh7~, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish, but your one of the worst trolls of ALL TIME.
Crinkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:50 AM   #612
Hggh7~

Quote:
Yo Hggh7~, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish, but your one of the worst trolls of ALL TIME.
Yo Crinkz, I'm sorry to inform you, but trolling =/= sharing ones opinion. Imma let you respond.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:52 AM   #613
zAce

Wat.

10wats
zAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:54 AM   #614
Kenori

Here are some proposed weapon stats for each weapon for the dog.

The Hanger
Base: 6
Max Ramp Up: 150% (9 damage)
Max Fall Off: 50% (4 damage)
Point Blank: 6-10 (60-100/sec)
Medium Range: 2-4 (20-40/sec)
Long Range: 1-3 (10-30/sec)
Mini-Crit: 9
Critical Hit: 18 (180/sec)
Attack Interval: 0.1s
Ammo Capacity: 150
Reload: N/A
Spread Recovery: 1.75s

Taunt: Brings a paw up to his mouth and does a "Reeheeheehee" like Muttley.
Taunt Interval: 4s

The Helper
Pickup Time: 2.2s (Little arm pincers have to pick up the item)
Drop Time: 1s

Taunt: Hikes a leg and urniates. Nearest Sniper in a 6" radius who has empty Jaratee has it filled.
Taunt Interval: 5s

Bite Attack
Base: 65 (59 to 72 damage)
Mini-Crit: 88
Critical Hit: 195
Attack Interval: 0.96s

Taunt: Howls at the moon.
Taunt Interval: 5s

I didn't like the idea of a rocket boosted bite attack. Nothing wrong with a normal bite.
Kenori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:54 AM   #615
Spartan471

I like it, but the first person view needs changing to the dogs eyes

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Community Content / Contribution Project > Other