Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Numen: Contest of Heroes

Old 04-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
DanielT

Why you should buy Numen...

I"m the same Daniel that wrote the review on metacritic here last year:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/nu...test-of-heroes

Numen is no Titan's Quest, it's true. It was never designed to be. It's an above average game if you accept it within the limitations of its design goals. Get the game to play along with your young kids. If not, look elsewhere.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Renevent

I totally agree...it's a very decent game and for $2.50 it's a steal IMO.

Anyways I wrote a pretty detailed review here if anyone is interested:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...light=renevent
Renevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
Radman2011

i bought it a while ago in the steam sale, its pretty impressive for an indie game, but i haven't got far, the spiders are ginourmous and convincing, are they prevalent in the rest of the game?

tx

oh, amd I gave up on TQ, don't like respawning enemies....
Radman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
halororor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman2011 View Post
i bought it a while ago in the steam sale, its pretty impressive for an indie game, but i haven't got far, the spiders are ginourmous and convincing, are they prevalent in the rest of the game?

tx

oh, amd I gave up on TQ, don't like respawning enemies....
Lol?

You claim to not like TQ because of the respawning enemies, but the enemies in Numen respawn while you're still playing, whereas the enemies in TQ only respawn if you quit and reload the game.
halororor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #5
kovi_cz

CINEMAX
halororor: Well, yes, enemies in Numen respawn if you spend too much time in one area, but not all of them respawn in this way and those that do respawn with their health bar shorter. And most of all - think of all that loot you can get for killing them multiple times.
kovi_cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
bushwhacker2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielT View Post
I"m the same Daniel that wrote the review on metacritic here last year:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/nu...test-of-heroes

Numen is no Titan's Quest, it's true. It was never designed to be. It's an above average game if you accept it within the limitations of its design goals. Get the game to play along with your young kids. If not, look elsewhere.
That's an interesting line IMO, I found Titan Quest to be garbage. Everything was set up so that the player couldn't get too powerful and combat was incredibly slow, which was odd because the game's style it was copying, Diablo, was pretty fast-paced. I simply do not have fun playing TQ.

Numen is alright so far, I'm not really judging it by the standards of a high-quality game, but it's also not 'above average'. If anything this is your standard, run-of-the-mill rpg copying the overused MMO style.

I think the most intriguing thing I've found so far is that you can actually come across creatures that you stand no chance against relatively quickly, this forces you pay attention to your surroundings and pick-and-choose your fights rather than charging in like an idiot as you may have in other dumbed-down games.

I'd say it's definitely worth the $2.50 I paid for it.
bushwhacker2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Numen: Contest of Heroes