Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Old 02-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
YaZoR

Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine not loading with a 0xc000007b error

Purchased this game on Steam recently and found the thing not to load.

When running from Steam, Steam brings up the "Preparing to launch ..." window then disappears, and nothing happens.

When loading directly from the exe, it would only come up with the error:

"Attemping to run the SpaceMarine.exe brings the following error;
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK the close the application."

I noticed the forums was absent of this error, I decided to find out why it wouldn't load. With a little help from ProcMon.

Resolution;

Copy the d3dx9_37.dll from the "steam\steamapps\common\warhammer 40,000 space marine\redist\directx\Mar2008_d3dx9_37_x86.cab" cabinet to the space marine root "steam\steamapps\common\warhammer 40,000 space marine" folder.

Space Marine now loads flawlessly.

Had already tried the same file from Windows\system32 & Windows\SysWOW64 into the Space Marine folder but it did not resolve it.

Why running the DirectX redist installer doesn't resolve it, I don't know. Clearly it doesn't overwrite an already existing (maybe newer?) file. I can't be arsed to investigate further, it works now, and hopefully this may help someone else.

Regards
Old 11-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
Oathed

Tried something similar, obviously by now (2014) the files are named differently. No clue how the person above figured out which file to copy and why/where to place it.
Oathed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #3
YaZoR

I used ProcMon (Process Monitor from Sysinternals) to find what the program was doing prior to the crash.
I found it was searching for the d3dx9_37.dll file but unable to find it. I then searched the games DirectX redistributable folder, and looked through cab files for the necessary file.

Found it, and dumped it into the games root directory.

Voila!

If you having issues let me know, and I'll be happy to help...
YaZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:54 PM   #4
G-Tiger

DirectX has files for x86 and x64 systems. You have to istall both of them. Try this solution.
G-Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine