Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X2: The Threat & X3: The Reunion

Old 05-04-2010, 06:31 AM   #1
Krid

X2: Gamepad analog stick mismapped

I'm using a Logitech RumblePad 2, and the right analog stick has the axises swapped. Up and Down control rotation instead of thrust, while right and left control thrust instead of rotation.

I have found no way to remap these bindings. Can anybody provide me with an answer?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #2
DJ_Professor_K

If you aren't able to re-bind the keys IG, go to the gamepad control painel, if the gamepad doesn't have a CP of it's own, you can go to windows control painel and then go to the gamepads icon to change the keys, sensisitive from the analogs, etc.
DJ_Professor_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
Krid

Unfortunately, Vista does not have the ability to swap the input from two axises. It identifies up and down as Z Rotation, and left and right as Z Axis.

This is not a problem with the buttons, nor is it a problem with the sensitivity. This is a conflict between the assumptions X2 makes about the gamepad layout, and what its layout is really like.
Krid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
Krid

Still nothing? Damn.
Krid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:31 AM   #5
Wrevan

Exclamation Solved!

I found this thread while searching for a solution to the exact same issue.

Of course, the problem was solved by using the Logitech Gaming Software to create a new Game Profile for X2.exe and swapping the axes for the Right Stick (X becomes Y and vice-versa) on my RumblePad 2 for just this game alone. (one of the best PC controllers BTW, better than the XBOX crap)

Hope this helps Krid!
Wrevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:51 AM   #6
candy pants

Also if you have non-logitech gamepad/joystick, you can use Universal Joystick Remapper with vJoy to fix such problems. Btw, with this tool you can combine two or more controllers into virtual one, as I did (using stick and throttle control simultaneously aka HOTAS in X2).
candy pants is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X2: The Threat & X3: The Reunion