Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation

Old 04-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #16
Goriest George

Not sure what the s going on here but what I'm interested in hearing is how ex-military (Malakie) finds the realism in this game? Ofc I dont mean 100% comparing to modern warfare tactics but on the grand scale and on game level?
Goriest George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #17
MrPegiShixteen

Banned
Can I respectfully suggest you are better starting a new topic Goriest George because this one has been infiltrated by a very angry old man who is obviously new to forums and hasn't yet learnt how to behave.
MrPegiShixteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #18
MikeAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriest George View Post
Not sure what the s going on here but what I'm interested in hearing is how ex-military (Malakie) finds the realism in this game? Ofc I dont mean 100% comparing to modern warfare tactics but on the grand scale and on game level?

George,

I'm current military and I think the game has many flaws. See my first post.

To all the folks who jumped on me, and my initial post.

The AI isnt difficult, it just doesn't act correctly. Unlimited reinforcements, and the canny ability to understand my force composition and disposition without conducting recon or meeting engagement.

Smells funky. Just like this thread.

There is no strategy involved. It is simply, counter whatever ridiculous amount of units the enemy is going to throw at me. Whether it is a swarm of helicopter, or tanks. Most fights end with me winning, but still losing alot of friendly equipment.
MikeAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #19
Kval

Its vehicles also do not use fuel or expend ammunition. I would love to see the AI in action from the start of the game.
Kval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:56 PM   #20
Wafflepiezz

Agreed, the AI is insane
Wafflepiezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:26 AM   #21
ajac09

AI is hard because the developers of the game didnt have the skill to make it realistic. So they dumbed down the AI gave them endless reinforcements and called it good.
ajac09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 02:10 PM   #22
ajac09

This game is one of the worst games about cold war combat ever made. Enemy has unlimited units, you start in the worst positions and Warsaw pack units are ridiculously over powered when compared to their real life counter parts. Play through the game the expansions and I feel like they basically tried to make it realistic gave up and decided to instead make it an arcade game that thinks its a wargame. Hope another company tries to make a more realistic game in this time frame. Sick of arcade game by companies would cant do research.
ajac09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:30 AM   #23
gunesk

same is happening in red dragon too. in solo campaign of south korea at first mission, game gives you 1000 points with a few types of units to call.
but enemy is literally swarming to you. they have like 100 units while you have only 20 and while they concantrate fire to your units, no matter what type of unit you have, its being destroyed
gunesk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation