Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Old 01-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #121
Capn Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylifter-1000 View Post
Hey there,

I really like what you've done with this patch. Installed it a few days ago and have been playing a lot since. Now I've run into a bug, however.

In the Downtown area, Skyline Apartments, there are random objects replacing door locks and keypads, appearing in the elevator above the keypad, and in the lobby on the wall. I have tried to start outside the building and reload it several times, and there have been vases, desks, and posters there. Aside from the aesthetic aspect, they prevent me from using the keypads on the apartment doors, so I cannot access Hannah's apartment, for example.

Any idea what I could do about this?
Happened to me a lot. It was especially bad with the Camarilla Edition mod installed. Also had lots of weirdness in the Internet cafe. Ended up uninstalling the mod. But it also happens to me with UP 8.4 (although not as much). It apparently happens when you play for a long time without exiting the game. This must cause some of the game data to be corrupted somehow.
Just exit completely out of the game, then restart. That seemed to fix it for me. I also now try to avoid marathon sessions and exit out of the game more often.
Capn Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #122
Skylifter-1000

Heh, that's kind of funny - a bug being a reminder to take your eyes off the screen for a while.

Worked out fine in the end, I did restart the game and it did not help at first, but When some time had passed between exiting the game and restarting it, the next time it worked fine.

Thanks for the help.
Skylifter-1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #123
Alsn

Yea, that bug happened to me too. I also solved it by shutting down the game completely. It only ever happened when I had spent 3+ hours playing the game without shutting it down.
Alsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #124
Skylifter-1000

I have another question about the patch: dancing. I remember from my first few playthroughs over the last years that you could gain humanity from dancing. Now my current character is at humanity 5, a little too low for my taste, and I want to regain some, but dancing doesn't seem to work. Is that on purpose?
Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #125
Wesp5

Quote:
Is that on purpose?
No, I don't think I ever touched dancing and Humanity...
Wesp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #126
Capn Tucker

Quote:
I have another question about the patch: dancing. I remember from my first few playthroughs over the last years that you could gain humanity from dancing. Now my current character is at humanity 5, a little too low for my taste, and I want to regain some, but dancing doesn't seem to work. Is that on purpose?
It still works. But it takes a LOONNGG time. I only ever had the patience one time to let my PC dance long enough for the humanity boost. Start your PC dancing, then go have a cup of coffee, eat dinner, take a nap, it'll eventually happen..
Capn Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #127
Skylifter-1000

Oh... okay. Yep. Very long. But it works.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:03 AM   #128
enjoycoke

So... I killed him.
Like, I had celerity on and I shot him to a million pieces and he died.
I didn't get to talk to him a second time. I didn't trigger the thing.
Now I can't complete the quest

Is there a cheat to force-start conversation with dead characters?
Also, he didn't burst into flames, he just died like a human, and couldn't even be looted.
enjoycoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines