Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic

Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #34036
marie pavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staryn View Post
Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition is free on GOG right now. https://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/201...s-partnership/
Thank you. I need to get out of my fps only track.
marie pavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:02 AM   #34037
Hamster Gutz

GabeN personally told me that anyone who doesn't buy the 2017 movie of the year, Underworld: Blood Wars will be banned from Steam for life.

I never got to see it in theaters for various reasons so obviously I had to buy it as soon as it came out today. Bought it and took it to my mom's house to watch . It was GREAT! I like how Selene is getting more OP with each movie.
Spoiler:
She gets killed sort of and brought back to life and gets the ability to teleport, which she shows off to great effect. Also as a side effect of that her hair starts to turn white...and dare I say she looks even hotter like that!

I already watched it twice, tomorrow or the next day I'll watch all the others, starting with the prequel so it doesn't interrupt the Kate Beckinsale flow, then I'll watch BW again.

Also, I would pay good money for an Underworld Action/adventure game with or without RPG elements, like Tomb Raider 2013 but with really flowy, flashy, and seamless gun/melee combat, kind of a mashup of TR13 and Arkham Asylum, but less of a beat em up and more of a shoot/slash em up. Ughh I can only dream...
^^But it has to have Kate Beckinsale voice acting or it's an instant no buy from me.

Last edited by Hamster Gutz: Today at 12:08 AM.
Hamster Gutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 AM   #34038
GirlPower23

Weee! Bruce Wayne meets Thomas Wayne's Batman. Super excited for this issue. Can't wait to get mine later.
GirlPower23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:29 AM   #34039
Hamster Gutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlPower23 View Post
Weee! Bruce Wayne meets Thomas Wayne's Batman. Super excited for this issue. Can't wait to get mine later.
Flash is like "I don't know what to do with my hands!". But wasn't his dad murdered? Or is it an alternate universe where his parents lived? Or is he Zombatman?
Old Today, 12:41 AM   #34040
Ishan451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster Gutz View Post
GabeN personally told me that anyone who doesn't buy the 2017 movie of the year, Underworld: Blood Wars will be banned from Steam for life.
My wife is a hardcore Underworld fan... and even she fell asleep during the movie.

Quote:
Flash is like "I don't know what to do with my hands!". But wasn't his dad murdered? Or is it an alternate universe where his parents lived? Or is he Zombatman?
Its from the Flashpoint universe. When Flash went to fix his mother's death, Bruce and Martha were killed instead, and Thomas became Batman instead of Bruce.
Ishan451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:45 AM   #34041
GirlPower23

Quote:
He is the Batman from an alternate universe/timeline called Flashpoint. Bruce was murdered in his timeline so he became Batman and Martha Wayne became the Joker. It's a bit convoluted but it has my inner fangirl all excited. It's a bit hard to explain but it's a big deal to see Flashpoint stuff in recent DC Comics.

Last edited by GirlPower23: Today at 12:50 AM.
Old Today, 12:46 AM   #34042
Hamster Gutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan451 View Post
My wife is a hardcore Underworld fan... and even she fell asleep during the movie.
Then she's not a hardcore Underworld fan and is hereby sentenced to use only Uplay for the rest of her life. Anyone else caught defying the Beckinsale will face a similar fate.

Quote:

Its from the Flashpoint universe. When Flash went to fix his mother's death, Bruce and Martha were killed instead, and Thomas became Batman instead of Bruce.
Quote:
He is the Batman from an alternate universe/timeline called Flashpoint. Bruce was murdered in his timeline so he became Batman and Martha Wayne became the Joker. It's a bit convoluted but it has my inner fangirl all excited.
Oh. Would have been funny to have a Zombatman though.
Old Today, 01:29 AM   #34043
Bulletooth

Quote:
He is the Batman from an alternate universe/timeline called Flashpoint. Bruce was murdered in his timeline so he became Batman and Martha Wayne became the Joker.
I've heard about that one. Kind of even makes sense.
Although I wonder what happens to the person who was the original Joker in THIS universe
Bulletooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:57 AM   #34044
FreemanForPrez

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsheMan View Post
It's definitely dated and combat is more frustrating than in 2 or 3. Good luck!
Yeah, I have Witcher 1 Enhanced Director's Cut on Steam and a few years ago I tried a couple times to go at it but the combat stopped me dead in my tracks.
I've read that Wild Hunt is a lot more forgiving or else I wouldn't have been interested in it at all.
FreemanForPrez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:03 AM   #34045
Ishan451

Today i learned what the Lodoicea is, i am now convinced i've seen it all.

Edit: And i totally forgot about Martha Wayne being Joker in Flashpoint. I just remembered him talking about how he lost both Martha and Bruce. /Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemanForPrez View Post
I tried a couple times to go at it but the combat stopped me dead in my tracks.
Its all about getting into the rythem of it.

Last edited by Ishan451: Today at 04:06 AM.
Old Today, 04:13 AM   #34046
FreemanForPrez

Quote:
Its all about getting into the rythem of it.
I suspected at the time it was also all about playing the game with a controller.
Old Today, 04:18 AM   #34047
GirlPower23

You click an enemy and then click every time you hear the audible cue. Lower difficulty settings have a visual cue as well. Afaik, The Witcher 1 has no gamepad support.
Old Today, 04:20 AM   #34048
Ishan451

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemanForPrez View Post
I suspected at the time it was also all about playing the game with a controller.
Nah, i played the first one with the mouse. Its all about clicking the next attack at the right time in the animation.

IIRC each time the sword flashes, to combo (been a while that i played it, but its all about proper timing to chain the attacks.. the better you can get into the rythem of his fighting style, the better you'll perform)
Old Today, 04:28 AM   #34049
FreemanForPrez

Quote:
Nah, i played the first one with the mouse. Its all about clicking the next attack at the right time in the animation.

IIRC each time the sword flashes, to combo (been a while that i played it, but its all about proper timing to chain the attacks.. the better you can get into the rythem of his fighting style, the better you'll perform)
Ahh I see. Well maybe I'll revisit it one day. I bought it cheap on some Steam sale and really wasn't concerned enough about it at the time. Really the only things I remember about the game are 'Wow, what a cool intro!', followed in rapid succession with ' WTF is up with the combat?'... and that was all she wrote.
Old Today, 04:32 AM   #34050
GirlPower23

The intro quest and starting area has a tutorial that explains the combat in detail.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic

Tags
bottom of the barrel