Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 03:19 PM   #30676
Ishan451
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 3925
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemanForPrez View Post
Not a big deal, far as I'm concerned, but I can see Ishan's point, considering his slow internet, because some of those are filled with animations and hi-res pictures.
My internet is not that slow *grins* I just don't like Ads and i much rather watch peoples Screenshots, and write silly stuff under their purchases and whatnot
Ishan451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:21 PM   #30677
supertzar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Reputation: 4159
Posts: 855
Man, even Fargo's teasers are amazing. Not one cast member to be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemanForPrez View Post
Email settings, yeah, but I don't think that applies to what you see under your Activity tab in the Steam client, and some of those updates can be pretty lengthy and take up a lot of space. Not a big deal, far as I'm concerned, but I can see Ishan's point, considering his slow internet, because some of those are filled with animations and hi-res pictures.
Oh, right. My mistake. They should add that stuff to Friend Activity Settings, since they've already covered these...

Quote:
Workshop items I'm interested in:

Greenlight item posts an announcement?
Workshop item posts an announcement?

When a Store Curator I follow:

Recommends a new game?

When a user I follow:

Creates an item?
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #30678
FreemanForPrez
 
Join Date: May 2008
Reputation: 11710
Posts: 4,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan451 View Post
My internet is not that slow *grins* I just don't like Ads and i much rather watch peoples Screenshots, and write silly stuff under their purchases and whatnot
I probably view it as less of a problem than you do because it's pretty likely that there are far fewer games that I would even be remotely interested in following.

----------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
Oh, right. My mistake. They should add that stuff to Friend Activity Settings, since they've already covered these...
Quote:
Workshop items I'm interested in:

Greenlight item posts an announcement?
Workshop item posts an announcement?

When a Store Curator I follow:

Recommends a new game?

When a user I follow:


Creates an item?
It's been a good while since I last checked the account settings, and until you mentioned it I had forgotten it even had those settings. Gonna have to check it out again, so thanks for the info regardless.
FreemanForPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:46 PM   #30679
GirlPower23
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Reputation: 9239
Posts: 10,737
Director Hayao Miyazaki coming out of retirement to do another animated film with Studio Ghibli. This is super fantastic.
GirlPower23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:53 PM   #30680
Lethal_Sting
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Reputation: 3710
Posts: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan451 View Post
Bloody hell, my wishlist gets bigger and bigger with all these Early Access titles..
You mean the "eventually this game will go on sale then sit in my backlog til the end of time" list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
Man, even Fargo's teasers are amazing. Not one cast member to be found.
Wait how?!? How do they plan on making another season out of that? But I feel it's just going to turn out just like the Following, which the third and last season was pretty much throw all your script ideas into a washing machine and use what survived.
Lethal_Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:13 PM   #30681
Ishan451
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 3925
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal_Sting View Post
You mean the "eventually this game will go on sale then sit in my backlog til the end of time" list?
Yep that is the one.
Ishan451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:17 PM   #30682
GirlPower23
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Reputation: 9239
Posts: 10,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal_Sting View Post
You mean the "eventually this game will go on sale then sit in my backlog til the end of time" list?
That's why you set goals to get those games finished.
GirlPower23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:23 PM   #30683
NinjaEngineer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Reputation: 5844
Posts: 2,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlPower23 View Post
Director Hayao Miyazaki coming out of retirement to do another animated film with Studio Ghibli. This is super fantastic.
That's cool. We should find a way to make him immortal so that he keeps doing films forever.
NinjaEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:26 PM   #30684
dxmc
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 5010
Posts: 882
Arrrrrggggghhh !! ISP mailed me a dud router. I've never even heard of Hitron before. Was supposed to be getting 150 down and it gets 34. They wanted me to wait until late next week to get another modem. Talked them into re-activating my old one and giving me back my old download speed plan, 60 down until they can actually get the 150 plan working. But had to go through the whole let-me-talk-to-my supervisor bit, took all afternoon.
dxmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:41 PM   #30685
supertzar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Reputation: 4159
Posts: 855
The cast of Logan was on Graham Norton tonight and man those two are proud of that film. Playing off of Hugh Jackman's retirement of Wolferine/Logan, Patrick Stewart sort of announced he won't be playing Professor X anymore, though I suspect this wasn't the first time he's said it in relation to Logan. He seemed sincere though and sounds like they bowed out on a high note. I didn't realize how early X-Men happened in Hugh Jackman's career, he had only done a couple of films before it. It really has been a journey for him.

Then Ian McKellen showed up and it turned into a right old circle jerk of compliments and flirty vibes. Only on Graham Norton Show do guests feel so relaxed.
But then that James Blunt had to show up and perform a new hip sound he's applied to his evergrowing collection of e music. Naturally the lyrics were about us being mean to him. Turned out it was his birthday as well, so the X-Men sang him a happy birthday, lucky .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemanForPrez View Post
It's been a good while since I last checked the account settings, and until you mentioned it I had forgotten it even had those settings. Gonna have to check it out again, so thanks for the info regardless.
Don't mention it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlPower23 View Post
Director Hayao Miyazaki coming out of retirement to do another animated film with Studio Ghibli. This is super fantastic.
Hear, hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal_Sting View Post
Wait how?!? How do they plan on making another season out of that? But I feel it's just going to turn out just like the Following, which the third and last season was pretty much throw all your script ideas into a washing machine and use what survived.
Hopefully that won't be the case, technically you have more leeway with an anthology structure.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic


Tags
bottom of the barrel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2015, All Rights Reserved.