Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Clones

Old 03-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
Pierre

Very worthy Lemmings successor

As a long-time Lemmings nut I just wanted to congratulate everyone at Tomkorp for bringing the genre up to date in such style. Clones offers the very same sense of head scratching frustration coupled with blissful satisfaction that Lemmings did all those years ago. Kudos for adding the extra challenge of finding all the Qdots, this adds a whole new level of brainwork to even the simple levels.
Congrat's too on the awesome website!
To anyone still unsure whether to buy this game or not: if you loved Lemmings you WILL love this game!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
ttkaminski

Tomkorp Computer Solutions Inc.
Thanks! What really kept us going on this game is realizing that this genre needs something fresh and exciting. We added so many features (many of which you don't see until later in the game) in hopes to capture the feelings that you experienced.

Another thing we realized is that this genre can offer even more. There are many features that were on the drawing board that didn't make it into the game, but hopefully our fan base will grow and we can work on a sequel that will develop this game even further.
ttkaminski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:00 AM   #3
AngryMeat

Banned
i bought your game with my hard earned cash and i am very pleased in my purchase of these delicious looking clones

TYVM

good job

i love u
AngryMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
okmot

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMeat View Post
i bought your game with my hard earned cash and i am very pleased in my purchase of these delicious looking clones

TYVM

good job

i love u
Thanks, i will preserve your words in tattoo form so as to be constantly reminded of our service to mankind.
Warning: The next update to the game will increase awesomeness to critical levels.

Last edited by okmot: 03-08-2011 at 09:43 AM.
okmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
estyles

Yeah. I bought this game during the Christmas sale, and I just want to say that I'm ashamed and embarrassed that I didn't play it until now (lots of games to get through). Anyway, this is one of the best of the games I bought. So much fun. Yeah, it's similar to Lemmings. But unlike other sequels and successors, it captures the original spirit and manages to build on it in every way.
estyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #6
okmot

Quote:
Originally Posted by estyles View Post
Anyway, this is one of the best of the games I bought. So much fun. Yeah, it's similar to Lemmings. But unlike other sequels and successors, it captures the original spirit and manages to build on it in every way.
Thanks for the kind words, i'm glad you enjoy Clones! We spent a lot of time crafting the game and it's nice to get some recognition for that. This weekend we had a Multiplayer Jam and recorded some frantic matches to put up on YouTube. If you haven't played online yet then be sure to take part next time, or better yet convince a friend to download the demo and have a battle
Old 03-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #7
SapientWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by estyles View Post
Yeah. I bought this game during the Christmas sale, and I just want to say that I'm ashamed and embarrassed that I didn't play it until now (lots of games to get through). Anyway, this is one of the best of the games I bought. So much fun. Yeah, it's similar to Lemmings. But unlike other sequels and successors, it captures the original spirit and manages to build on it in every way.
Very true. You can tell this game was made by people who understood what made that title so enjoyable and who wanted to make thoughtful improvements and interesting updates to its formula.
SapientWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #8
okmot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapientWolf View Post
Very true. You can tell this game was made by people who understood what made that title so enjoyable and who wanted to make thoughtful improvements and interesting updates to its formula.
A lot of the changes we made were to give the player more control during fast-paced multiplayer matches: hotkeys, mouse gestures, morph queuing, and pre-match map customization. For the singleplayer aspect we wanted to include meaningful leaderboards and add the concept of "boss fights" to this genre, which i'd like to develop into full-blown competitive AI someday. The Quantum Loop game mode is a favorite of mine as it requires your thoughts to twist a bit
Old 08-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #9
malcolmm

I've only done about a dozen levels, but I'm already very impressed. Of course it is similar to Lemmings, but it's Lemmings with many, many extras.

Looks like lots of play value with tons of levels. I just hope I don't get stuck, I'm not too quick on the mouse or keyboard. Thank goodness there is a pause with the abiltity queue up commands, otherwise I would have no chance.
malcolmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #10
okmot

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmm View Post
Looks like lots of play value with tons of levels. I just hope I don't get stuck, I'm not too quick on the mouse or keyboard. Thank goodness there is a pause with the abiltity queue up commands, otherwise I would have no chance.
Thanks for the feedback! Most levels include a recording of the solution which you can watch by clicking on the menu dropdown at the upper right and selecting "Solution". The harder puzzles don't include solutions yet, but we plan to add non-optimal solutions so that rankings won't be affected

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Clones