Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Steel Storm: Burning Retribution

Old 08-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
Lord iCeDrAgOn

Missing Terrain and numerous GLSL errors

I hadn't played the game in awhile. and just a few days ago I decided to start it up again and get back in to. To my surprise when I started the game from where I left off. I found that none of the terrain was showing. I did manage to complete the mission without seeing the terrain, and I found that the next mission that had been unlocked also had the same mission terrain issue.

So I went back to the main menu and I figured that I would try the tutorials and see if they had the same issue. it would seem that they didn't but a lot of the terrain details and objects loaded in to the world extremely slowly. I had the first 2 or 3 groups of enemies destroyed before it looked like everything had finally loaded.

Now that the details are out out of the way. The more technical stuff I noticed. once a level had finally loaded I had noticed at the top of the screen that it was saying that there were errors. upon examining the console log there were numerous GLSL errors and one error that caught my attention was after it had loaded several BSP files, it said that the file had triangles but no vertexes.

Another error that I saw was Error C1115: Unable to find compatible overloaded function "text2dgather(sampler2d, vec2, 1vec2, int)" (line offset for any above warnings/errors. 47) this error happened several times

I would have uploaded screenshots but at the time of making this post the steam community appears to be down.

System Specs
Windows 7 64bit 8gig Ram
Nvidia GeForce 560GTX (2gig) Driver Version 304.79 Beta (needed to fix issues with current 301 Drivers)

I've tried verifying the game cache. no invalid files found
Old 08-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
motorsep

Kot-in-Action
Lightbulb

hey man! Glad to see you back!

Did you have same issues before this last update?

Try deleting your config.cfg file in SavedGames\steelstorm\gamedata\ and starting the game again.

Try reverting to older driver. I have the same rig but with GF 8800GT and 301 driver. Everything works fine.

Screenshots and condump would be appreciated (don't forget to to set developer 2 cvar before starting the game, this way engine guys will see more details).

DarkPlaces engine isn't supported as it used to be, so the response time is unknown (unless the engine guys will identify the issue and come up with solution easily).

Thanks for reporting this.

P.S. Have you seen a new map under User Generated Content ?
motorsep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
motorsep

Kot-in-Action
It's happening on modern GPUs and latest drivers. I've been trying to get a hold of the engine's author. Will keep you posted.

===============================================
NEW: A workaround of this driver bug is as following

Once you launched the game, and you are in the menu, press Shift + Esc to bring down the console, type:

r_shadow_shadowmapping_filterquality 2

and press Enter. Play the game.
===============================================

Last edited by motorsep: 09-28-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
Skaarj_ZR

Thank you.
That also works for Linux!
Skaarj_ZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
motorsep

Kot-in-Action
Cool stuff! 310.xx drivers have a fix for that issue, so if you guys update you won't have the errors.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Steel Storm: Burning Retribution