Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 10-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #481
zjeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickz View Post
Check CPU and GPU usage while playing. Could be core parking or throttling.
CPU 30-40% and GPU ~25% after playing 20 people DM for 15 minutes, max settings in windowed mode.
zjeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:49 PM   #482
zjeb

If it is throttling, how can I get rid of it? I don't know much about this stuff, but 30% cpu usage seems pretty low for a supposed cpu demanding game. Disabling C&Q in the motherboard didn't do anything either. Please respond.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #483
Nickz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjeb View Post
If it is throttling, how can I get rid of it? I don't know much about this stuff, but 30% cpu usage seems pretty low for a supposed cpu demanding game. Disabling C&Q in the motherboard didn't do anything either. Please respond.
Sorry, been working hard this week.

Run the game minimized with CPUZ open and see if the clocks are dropping from their turbo state. If they are, it's throttling. Also, use the high performance profile when gaming. It doesn't ramp up and down like balanced does.
Nickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #484
zjeb

Quote:
Sorry, been working hard this week.

Run the game minimized with CPUZ open and see if the clocks are dropping from their turbo state. If they are, it's throttling. Also, use the high performance profile when gaming. It doesn't ramp up and down like balanced does.
Yeah they go down to 1500 with random spikes back up to normal clocks. I am using the high performance windows power plan if that's what you were referring to.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #485
Nickz

Quote:
Yeah they go down to 1500 with random spikes back up to normal clocks. I am using the high performance windows power plan if that's what you were referring to.
Yep, temps too high. Check temps with HWmonitor and if they are over 60C, it will throttle.

Post complete specs too so I can see what you got.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:37 AM   #486
zjeb

Quote:
Yep, temps too high. Check temps with HWmonitor and if they are over 60C, it will throttle.

Post complete specs too so I can see what you got.
these are my temps after a few hours playing csgo:

http://puu.sh/cwcTX/f4d8b5fbfd.png

I posted my specs in one of the posts before

edit: I misread the last table, it went up to 59 at one point. that's damn hot but I still don't understand how my FPS is so low even when I boot up and cpu is at 30 ish. I'll look into better cooling anyway, I'm using a cheap aftermarket heatsink/fan.

Last edited by zjeb: 10-30-2014 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #487
pirox1

CSGO runs fine for me, but L4D2 crashes my PC. I mean, it shuts it down (it also happened with Saints Row 3, once).
I have to wait a few seconds, switch the PSU off and on again and then it lets me turn the PC on.
Any ideas? It can't possibly be the PSU (I played the alpha of Evolve with no issues, and that game is new) Could it be a CPU related issue? I use an FX and I know that source games like to use a lot of the CPU. I tried looking around in the L4D2 forums but nothing relates, and I am also a CSGO player so I figured I might aswell try my luck here.
pirox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #488
Nickz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirox1 View Post
CSGO runs fine for me, but L4D2 crashes my PC. I mean, it shuts it down (it also happened with Saints Row 3, once).
I have to wait a few seconds, switch the PSU off and on again and then it lets me turn the PC on.
Any ideas? It can't possibly be the PSU (I played the alpha of Evolve with no issues, and that game is new) Could it be a CPU related issue? I use an FX and I know that source games like to use a lot of the CPU. I tried looking around in the L4D2 forums but nothing relates, and I am also a CSGO player so I figured I might aswell try my luck here.
Need full specs, even down to the heatsink you have, to know what's up.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #489
zjeb

Hey Nickz, if you're still watching this thread fixing my temps has indeed fixed my fps. I got a better cpu cooler (cm 212) and a bunch of mosfet heatsinks for the vrm section of my mobo. Temps don't go above 45C now and fps in game went up to 250+ on max settings. Thanks for the help, I didn't realize Source was so CPU intensive, I only looked at my gpu temps and other games which weren't affected.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #490
Nickz

Quote:
Hey Nickz, if you're still watching this thread fixing my temps has indeed fixed my fps. I got a better cpu cooler (cm 212) and a bunch of mosfet heatsinks for the vrm section of my mobo. Temps don't go above 45C now and fps in game went up to 250+ on max settings. Thanks for the help, I didn't realize Source was so CPU intensive, I only looked at my gpu temps and other games which weren't affected.
The source engine has a lot of real time lighting, shadows and physics going on in the background that most games these days do not have. Most engines have pre-rendered effects, or physics that is offloaded to the GPU.

Glad it's all sorted out though!
Old 04-21-2016, 01:01 PM   #491
intecrisis

Tried to update my bios for the r970 asrock extreme3 and it doesn't even have the option to internet flash on my bios and the instant flash won't recognize my just formatted usb drives, and the in os flash says my files are mismatched and doesn't recommend flash. What should I do? Probably going to give asrock a call soon.
intecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:27 AM   #492
ThatGUYGT

Black screen crash like this person

http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/di...3944149061/#p1

Specs :

i5 4660 (Haswell Refresh)
Gtx 960 gigabyte oc edition
8 GB Ram
ThatGUYGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive