Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Steel Storm: Burning Retribution

Old 02-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
Nifran

Burning Sands.

Wondered if you have some time to take a look at the burning sands lev. It has become unusable in the mission editor. Can delete objects but not place any.

Cheers Niffy.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
motorsep

Kot-in-Action
That's just either you are hitting entity limit, or have weak PC or using demo.
motorsep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Nifran

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsep View Post
That's just either you are hitting entity limit, or have weak PC or using demo.
Tried it on seven pc's with three diff steam profiles its the same on all. Only started with the last update. Entity limit this is a new campaign mission i've not placed anything yet. But I also cannot edit any existing campaign mission with burning sands. It's only with burning sands that this is an issue.

I've never downloaded the demo.

Could the demo burning sands map have become part of the steam package? - i'm clutching at straws here. lol.

As for pc spec - 16GB RAM, 4TB storage, nVidia 790 GFX, i7 960 quad core. Only thing I've change on the system in the last three years is the GFX card but I only changed that this week. This issue only started after the update for the user map (city).

Have also tried steam reload of steelstorm - same issue.
Nifran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
motorsep

Kot-in-Action
Lightbulb

Ok, you should clarify what unusable means. I just tested performance and it perfectly fine. Here is the video showing how it performs on AMD 2.2Ghz + GF670GTX + 8Gb RAM (weaker than your PC):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUxpc7pbMCs

What strange is that I can not place anything on the empty level. Not a single object / unit is placeable. I'd have to bisect engine's revisions and see what happened (engine has been updated several times and I never checked the editor's functionality with new revisions).

What's even weirder is that it only happens on sslevel03. Meanwhile I recommend using any other map for your work as ice levels seem to work fine.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
Nifran

I've found that I can place objects on burning sands but only on the elevator ...lol

It's not burning sands that I have the performace issue with, its map 13 the same terrain as burning sands but retextured and with extra geometry.

Map appears to be fine until after placing 1 object and then the frame rate drops and even clicking on exit editor can take minutes as the systems does not respond to the mouse clicks. Frame rate drop is not constant but in some areas of the map it is far worse than others.

Thanks for taking a look
Nifran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
motorsep

Kot-in-Action
That's one of the reasons we won't be making such built-in editors in the future games - codes gets so complicated, that it breaks when least expected, breaks with engine updates and it's hard to find a maintainer if programmer who coded it leaves.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Steel Storm: Burning Retribution