Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sleeping Dogs

Old 12-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #406
Silky Salamandr

Got It Working Finally!

Just like all of you I have had the error for the last month. I have tried everything to get this working again and didn't have any luck until today!

I went into the the precision and noticed my overclock was reset for some reason. I remembered my offsets and changed it. Double clicked on the game in Steam and it started right up with no crashes!!!

Obviously the game was looking for my overclock settings since it last crashed and somebody that is good with reg edits could verify this.

This is just my experience because I have tried everything to get this game working.

Guys, verify your overclocks. It seems like this game has a lot of issues but this was MY reason for getting the hkship.exe error.

I hope this works for some of you and please have a Happy Holiday.
Silky Salamandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #407
TheOtherJN

Lots of people having problems. Lots of people who were having problems who found fixes and shared their fixes. Lots of people who have problems not even bothering to read said fixes and the forums...

For me personally, I pre-ordered the game and it worked from day one and continues to work to this day. A friend of mine also pre-ordered the game it also works for him. He has an AMD Radeon HD 5xxx card.

My rig:
Windows 7 32-bit
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 GB VRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (~2.67 GHz)
4 GB DDR2 RAM
ATI Catalyst Control Center 12.4 (whichever is the latest for legacy cards)

The game runs as flawlessly on this system as it can. The only problem I've encountered is actually post-release, because of all of the patches intended for users having problems. Even then it was a minor screen resolution scaling annoyance I've had with other games. Wish the patches didn't ruin the screen resolution as it did for me, but it's a minor annoyance and I can tolerate it if others are finally able to play this great game.

I'm posting here because I have a working rig at the moment, but I am considering upgrading my video card to an AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB soon--a card that apparently has a lot of trouble with this game. Will be testing with different CCC drivers as well to troubleshoot. If my game runs fine after I replace the card... then I don't know what to say to those experiencing the problems.

Last edited by TheOtherJN: 01-08-2013 at 04:07 AM.
TheOtherJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #408
D3rk01

Played the game for like an hour or so when I got it 2 weeks ago... then did some benchmarks with it. Everything was working fine.

Today I decide I want to actually start really playing it... and it crashes EVERY SINGLE time! What's going on?

None of the fixes seem to actually work and it seems like there's 100s of people who can not play it.

What the heck is going on?!

Obviously an issue with the game, since it's people across all types of hardware that are having the issue.

EDIT: Simply disabling the Steam overlay fixed it for me. It seems like this goes right along with the fix of starting the game up directly from the .exe. Since it by passes the initial start of the steam overlay. Might be an issue with Steam and not the game itself.

Last edited by D3rk01: 01-04-2013 at 06:11 AM.
D3rk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #409
TheOtherJN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherJN View Post
I'm posting here because I have a working rig at the moment, but I am considering upgrading my video card to an AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB soon--a card that apparently has a lot of trouble with this game. Will be testing with different CCC drivers as well to troubleshoot. If my game runs fine after I replace the card... then I don't know what to say to those experiencing the problems.
So I've received my card 2 weeks after this post, and have had it for a few days now. Everything runs perfectly. In fact, every game runs better because of the new card. Using AMD Catalyst Control Center 12.10 which was released on 2012/10/22, so that could be a reason why I haven't run into the problem. Going to try with CCC 12.9 when I have the time to test this out. But if AMD users are no longer having problems with HKShip.exe crashing when they upgraded their drivers, then I'm just doing a fool's errand aren't I?
TheOtherJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #410
hobalukluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyoeyoey View Post
My Event Viewer was listing the faulting module as igd10umd32.dll that is related to the integrated Intel graphics driver, even though I was running an Nvidia GeForce GT 540M the fault was with the intel driver. If you have this same problem:

You should go the OEM's website and download and reinstall the Intel graphics driver that is optimized and validated for your system. That fixed it up for me and now I can play the game. I was not able to play the demo so I worked on fixing that before I bought the actual game.

I suppose this method should work with any other things that are faulting with the Intel driver.

I hope you will get to fix your game.
Thank You♥Thank You♥Thank You♥Thank You♥Thank You♥Thank You♥
hobalukluk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sleeping Dogs