Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2

Old 03-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #31
RevolverAce

Blood pack was released way after the release of the game. If you want a "war simulator", your probly better without the blood since its really over the top. I honestly cant see how you can complain about €1,59.
RevolverAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #32
Jackal Turner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolverAce View Post
Blood pack was released way after the release of the game. If you want a "war simulator", your probly better without the blood since its really over the top. I honestly cant see how you can complain about €1,59.
This man speaks truth.
It wasnt like they took an option out and sold it to you. It was something extra they made later that changes the feel of the game.

Blood and gore splashing on your screen is more akin to an old samurai movie or game. It doesnt naturally belong in a game like Shogun 2 because 90% of the time you arent even zoomed in far enough to see it.
I am fine with the blood DLC, and Im a guy who is normally VERY critical of DLC.
Jackal Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #33
Mr_Eon

Seriously. Go watch the end duel of Yojimbo. That's what the blood pack is 'simulating' and not what really happens when you hit a dude with a Katana.

It's fun and kitchy and in no way central to the experience.
Mr_Eon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2