Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Realm of the Mad God

Old 05-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
Fusionmix

Does it take same % of damage to get either soulbound or pots?

I'm pot farming for a pally with my wizard and I have a question. I regularly get 1-2 soulbound drops from every cluster of gods I kill, but very rarely pots.

Is this just because pots are rarer or do I have to do a higher percentage of damage to get a pot?

Basically, is soulbound damage = pot damage?
Old 05-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
ton de mo nai

Nobody knows for sure 100%, but it seems highly unlikely.
I sometimes notice that I get lots of blue bags and no purple ones, and other times I get lots of purples and no blues, and other times a pretty even mix.
And that's when I'm soloing with a maxed character, so I think that indicates the same SB level. It's just my experience though, so my conclusion could be wrong.

But I think I've gotten a weapon in a blue bag with a potion before, which would indicate that there are 2 separate rolls when you get SB damage, which could indicate different levels for different loot.

But again, no one knows for sure anymore.
ton de mo nai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
NeoAlpha

When we could see it, the system worked by giving you chances at an item once you reached a certain amount of damage (coined SB damage). Doing more damage would give you access to the higher levels of drops, if there were any. Each type of item was taken into account separately, so you could have a pot and weapon in the same bag, or a t10 and a t11, etc (and you still can).

The devs have said that drops no longer work on flat drop rates anymore, so we don't really know much about how they're calculated now. However, pots are probably still simply rarer than godlands gear, and overdoing damage probably won't change anything.
NeoAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Fusionmix

Ok, that's all I wanted to know. Thanks

Farming w/ wiz makes things much faster, and providing the pot/sb roll is the same, my tactic of throwing 6 dspheres into a mob of gods and running away will pay off eventually xD.
Fusionmix is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Realm of the Mad God