Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Heroes of Might and Magic VI

Old 03-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #61
aidamei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosifur View Post
I was actually going to post something snarky in reponse to aidamei's admittedly caustic posts. But then I read some of the other posts. Frankly, aidamei's being a little snippy, and there might be a linguistic issue there, but some other people are being sort of typical 1337 nerds. The typical, "Well, maybe it's just because you're bad at video games," response. Drives me up the wall, especially when it's not well-founded.

I played the demo, and I thought it was alright. But, I can totally see where OP is coming from. I get how the game works, and I can sort of metagame my way past the cheapness, but that's not very satisfying. And as much as people beef about cheats, it would be handy to be able to cheat past a map just to move the SP story along when you get stuck between a rock and a hard place. It's not like an FPS. If you've invested a significant amount of time playing a level only to find that you mathematically CANNOT win, and have to then restart, that's a deal-breaker for me. That's what drove me away from the previous entry in the series.

tl;dr - aidamei's got a point, even if he's not expressing himself civilly, so don't get personal about it unless you developed the game.
Well,I apoligise for not being civil.

I spent weeks on this game. It was a huge amount of time (forget about the money that's nothing)

I got as far as Death-In-Life and Life-in-Death. That is waaay into the game, A HUGE amount of time completely wasted because of the cheap and shoddy A.I. It was impossible to move further. The game was ended. Playing on easy is a simple concept. Don't lie to people and tell them something is easy when it is not!
aidamei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #62
aidamei

I restarted Death-In-Life and Life-in-Death at least 20 times. That proves the tenacity I had but you cannot win against a cheating A.I. and Lazy Developers.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #63
davro33

I got a good laugh out of this thread on Friday while trying to decide if I should buy the game or not. Yes, it helped me decide to buy the game.

Then while I was playing through the very first tutorial mission I got an even bigger laugh. When they explain how new troops are created in a city at the beginning of every week, they flat out tell you that if you take too long to attack a city that you might find yourself facing a huge army that you have no chance of defeating. LMAO!
davro33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #64
aidamei

Quote:
Originally Posted by davro33 View Post
I got a good laugh out of this thread on Friday while trying to decide if I should buy the game or not. Yes, it helped me decide to buy the game.

Then while I was playing through the very first tutorial mission I got an even bigger laugh. When they explain how new troops are created in a city at the beginning of every week, they flat out tell you that if you take too long to attack a city that you might find yourself facing a huge army that you have no chance of defeating. LMAO!

WOW,why didn't I listen to you in the beginning? What a bright light in the darkness! When did you join Mensa?

I really hate to burst your bubble,dude, but your simplified logic just doesn't quite reach the mark.

Um lets's see...Did you disprove anything I said with your rudimentary argument?

Umm.....No

I'm sure if everyone here applied your 1+1=2 diddle that this nuisance of a game is not going to improve one little iota.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #65
davro33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidamei View Post
Um lets's see...Did you disprove anything I said with your rudimentary argument?
I think you need to bone up on your reading comprehension skills. Where did I make any type of "argument"? All I did was repeat what the game's tutorial says, and comment that I got a good laugh out of it. There's already been too many people here who've given you logical arguments that you just ignore in your righteous indignation, so I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you of anything else.
davro33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #66
Tabulator

HOMM 6, just like Starcraft 2, is the answer to the wave of "Casualization" that is ruining challenging games. If you like easy games, then maybe you should consider switching to Age of Empires Online.
Tabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #67
Scarab83

You can tell aidamei is getting flustered that no one else is having the same experience with the game. Using big words in a slightly awkward manner doesn't make you sound smarter.
Scarab83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Heroes of Might and Magic VI