Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > TF2 Beta > Public Play

Old 04-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #16
RampantMana

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by videofreak View Post
It's not the Degreaser that needs a nerf, it's the flamethrower that needs a buff.
Once the Degreaser has -10% damage penalty and the Backburner doesn't have a bonus the Pyro will be on the road to recovery.
Agreed, the degreaser may need a 10% damage penalty.
RampantMana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #17
Heisterburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampantMana View Post
Agreed, the degreaser may need a 10% damage penalty.
You know he was referring to the Flamethrower getting +10% damage, and there being not actually changes to the Degreaser or Backburner, just leaving their damage at the current values, right?
Heisterburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #18
RampantMana

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisterburg View Post
You know he was referring to the Flamethrower getting +10% damage, and there being not actually changes to the Degreaser or Backburner, just leaving their damage at the current values, right?
I would be ok with that if the weapon switch was 40% and no afterburn damage.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:50 AM   #19
KajiVena

The Degreaser may be an upgrade, but, unlike the Flamethrower, it's a balanced primary weapon.

The issue is the Flamethrower, not the Degreaser.
KajiVena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #20
Assbandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KajiVena View Post
The Degreaser may be an upgrade, but, unlike the Flamethrower, it's a balanced primary weapon.

The only problem I have with the Degreaser is that it synergizes way too well with the Flare Gun, Reserve Shooter, and especially Axtinguisher. I realize it's a combo flamethrower, but it's way, way too efficient for my liking.
Assbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #21
RampantMana

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
The only problem I have with the Degreaser is that it synergizes way too well with the Flare Gun, Reserve Shooter, and especially Axtinguisher. I realize it's a combo flamethrower, but it's way, way too efficient for my liking.
Basically all this.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #22
ungulateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
Maybe that's what it's supposed to do.

I'd say once the Pyro as a whole is actually balanced it should get a serious downside (something like reduced afterburn duration and possibly a direct damage penalty as well), but that can wait for more pressing issues - like all of the Heavy put together.
ungulateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #23
Rec0nKn1ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by KajiVena View Post

Are you seriously suggesting that the backburner and phlogistinator are as good as the degreaser?

Backburner is a tough precision weapon, the +10% makes little difference, and the airblast has to be used conservatively. The phlogistinator sacrifices so much versatility for a brief moment of glory.

I think both are fun to use... but as good as the degreaser? Nah.
Rec0nKn1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #24
Crespo_PL

Banned
degreaser is an outrageously overpowered item that would have been nerfed long ago should it had been given to any other class (in its respective primary weapon form)

but since it has been given to a class that the majority can't play properly, apparently it's fine
Crespo_PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #25
KajiVena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rec0nKn1ght View Post
Are you seriously suggesting that the backburner and phlogistinator are as good as the degreaser?

Backburner is a tough precision weapon, the +10% makes little difference, and the airblast has to be used conservatively. The phlogistinator sacrifices so much versatility for a brief moment of glory.

I think both are fun to use... but as good as the degreaser? Nah.
Backburner is the best flamer for ambushing. Situational does not mean Unbalanced. I've even seen successful Backburner Pyro play in 6v6. Just as good, in a different way. Degreaser for general use, Backburner for ambushing.

Phlog is the kind of junk I'd expect Valve to keep spewing out from now on...
KajiVena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #26
Alamo29

Maybe if the back-crits were reliable and more maps were better designed with side routes to flank the enemy. I mean, I do use the Backburner on occasion, but it needs a little something extra. I can think of maybe three maps where situations to use it effectively come up regularly.

I've always rather liked the idea of giving the Pyro 200 base health, and having the unlock flamethrowers like the Degreaser and Backburner have a negative trait of "-25 health", or something along those lines.
Alamo29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > TF2 Beta > Public Play