02-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Join Date: Nov 2008
Started playing last nite and I'm loving it! Man it's a tough game :P I'm on day 7 already though!
A few bugs (I think):
- Man you guys have captured the nail biting close calls and desperation of Battlestar! Love it!
- The game is tough, like 1990s tough. But it's made me remember the sense of accomplishment I used to get when I beat games that were truly challenging! When I survive some of these missions I feel freaking bad ♥♥♥!
- Before I played, the hacking actually sounded a little gimmicky to me, but in game it's spot on! I wouldn't want anything more involved, it works well and definitely adds some nail biting fun.
- The voice acting is great. It doesn't take it's self too seriously, and I love the humor.
A few thoughts:
- Slide doesn't seem to engage reliably? In my opinion, it's so key, that it should interrupt any other thing (like after burners) and begin sliding. Very often I'll intend to go into a slide, and it won't engage, and things go badly.
- Twice now when I land for repairs mid-mission, when I go to launch again, I seem to hit an invisible wall or something and bounce back in for repairs. Then launch again, bounce, rinse and repeat. One time I had to restart the mission, another time I some how managed to get out by banking hard left.
- Missiles seem very slow. Frustratingly slow.
- Checkpoints hehe. Right now it's tough, and it feels like a 90s game for sure. I don't know if this is a bad thing for some of us. But for the new generation of gamers who are very used to not dieing, and lots of auto-saves and check points, this will be frustrating for some people.
- I find the Radar difficult to use. There needs to be some indication of the 3rd dimension on it IMHO. If it looks like they are in-front of me on the Radar, but I can't see them, I need some way of knowing which way to look (up or down).
- I would LOVE to see you guys make some DLC missions! And a squeal that expands on what you'd started here!
- Personally I love slightly free-form exploration, Freelancer style! But ya know, that might not be what you guys have in mind :P
My favorite line so far: "I liked these guys more when they just went door to door handing out magazines." :P Having a blast, keep up the good work!