Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 05-15-2017, 07:47 AM   #1
migz516

Question Error Code: -118 Failed to load web page (unknown error).

Hello and good day to you! I have been seeing this error recently and it shows up on all my tabs in the steam app except for my library tab. Everything from the store, community and my account/profile tab turns to go to this error when I browse.

I have checked my steam version and it says it is up to date. I have also tried restarting steam and my computer but it does not work. I have checked steam support but did not work and there seemed to be little about this error number but there were some error codes (but not the number) similar to this as well.

I have recently reinstalled Killing floor 2 but i was able to do so from library tab. Any advice on this error would be appreciated.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:39 PM   #2
migz516

Bump pls

additonally, i cant even access the store (store.steampowered) and any other tabs that you could access from the steam app in my browser, google chrome. Chrome just gives me this error

This webpage is not available ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"

This goes the same for any other tab. I cant access anything in the community tabs as well in my browser and even the app as well.

UPDATE ::
Ive tried connecting my computer to my phones mobile hotspot and was able to browse freely.
I have now reason to think that the problem has something to do with my usual internet connection. Any ideas on what might be causing this problem? Im thinking it has something to do with blocking steam etc etc.

Last edited by migz516: 05-16-2017 at 09:09 PM. Reason: add info
migz516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #3
PELUXA1

Try using a public DNS server...
PELUXA1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips