Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Quantum of Solace

Old 06-25-2011, 03:26 AM   #1
Jaheebus

Is it just me?

I've got everything on max settings and playing at 1920x1080, it runs at a solid 30 FPS (since that's the cap?) but...Every now and again it freezes for a split second then goes back to normal. Anyone else having this? it's not a problem, doesn't make the game unplayable but it does get annoying after a while, especially halfway through the game and you've stuttered on every level up to that point. It happens like 5 times in a level?

Is it the checkpoint saving doing this? Because F.E.A.R freezes for a second when saving a checkpoint.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:44 AM   #2
uzobar

I would assume it is because of the saving at the checkpoints. I have the same problem as you and only when the game saves at a checkpoint. Apart from that, the game runs smoothly
Old 06-25-2011, 05:04 AM   #3
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
Same here, check points cause a small freeze even with a rather powerful PC.

So you're not alone on this. Luckily it usually happens after you're done with a battle. If you happen to die reloading doesn't take long at all.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:07 AM   #4
lonewolfdon

Same here, but it doesn't happen too often and doesn't really interfere with the gameplay for me. I think it also happens sometimes when the game is busy loading in a new area/scenery/etc.. into memory as you transition from one area to another.
lonewolfdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
Yeowj

Have the same problem with a quad core and Windows 7 x64. I imagine it's because the saves are so frequent. I find that after I die, I'm pretty much returned to just a few moments before I died, often where I was <30 secs ago.
Yeowj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #6
Jaheebus

Alright, that's good then thanks guys&girls for the replies.
Jaheebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #7
Etherfast

Hah, lucky I found this thread, I thought there was a problem with my computer.

Happens the same, I think I'll just try to ignore it.
Hopefully it won't get annoying once I advance through the story.
Etherfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #8
AlistairLock

I think it also happens when it's loading the AI that are just about to jump out and shoot at you. It's a glitch, but also a useful warning.
AlistairLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #9
TheLastMikey

I also get this but I never used to get this problem half a year back when I had it installed the first time I had no issuies with it and it ran smooth throughout.

Since reinstalling it now freezes for a second while saving checkpoints, terribly annoying when your taking aim at somebody then a cheackpoint hits so you miss the shot comepletely (Opera mission guy next to the container you need to drop down to walk accrosed for example)

I'm wondering if this is an issuie caused by a possible patch that I didn't know about due to not having it installed for a long time
Old 08-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #10
Albinon01

Same here by the way it looks horrible for a 3A game.
Albinon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
BattleAxe_604

This happens to me also. Like most of you, I think it has something to do with checkpoints, but it happens a bit more than just on checkpoints. It was happening to me alot on the train level.

This game isn't bad, but the cover system is a bit sticky, and while the graphics aren't bad, CoD4 and CoD: WaW still look alot better when comparing these games which came out around the same time period using the same graphics engine. Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 did the cover system a bit better IMO.
BattleAxe_604 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Quantum of Solace